BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 02:51 PM   #1
berryfan

Model: 7100t
Default Handling Outlook Meeting invitations

Please Login to Remove!

I have a 7100 & use it to receive emails from a pop3 account. I synchronize with Outlook on my PC, where I manage my email and calendar on the desktop. Before buying the 7100, I had an old email-only model (don't know the number) provided by my company, which used BES. Having left that company & purchased my own Berry (& using it without BES) I have found one thing that I want to do but which I can't seem to do, and that is to accept meeting invitations & have them updated in my calendar.

On the old berry, meeting invitations came in as actual invitations, and I had the option to accept or decline them. If I accepted them, they were also entered in my calendar, and wirelessly synchronized with my Outlook calendar which was managed by Exchange. I know that BES handled most of this.

Now, without BES, I obviously don't have the real-time wireless synchronization with a central server. This is OK - I'm able to maintain my own calendar on my PC just fine, and when I use IntelliSync everything syncs just fine. However, there is one thing that I would like to be able to do, but can't figure out how to do it. that is the following:

When someone sends me a meeting invitation, it appears in my inbox as an email message with a .ICS attachment. In Outlook, I can double-click on that attachment, which opens up a calendar window, in which I can then accept or decline the invitation. On the berry, it also appears as an email message, with a .ICS attachment, but there is no way to open that ICS attachment. I would like to be able to open that attachment and manage the local calendar on the berry in the same way as I am able to do in Outlook.

Is there any way to accomplish this?

thanks in advance!
Old 01-19-2006, 03:28 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Nope. The .ICS attachment is not readable by the BB - it is for Outlook only.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:52 PM   #3
gartm
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: verizon
Default Meeting Invites

At our company we have many hundreds of BBs deployed. I seem to be one of the first with a 7130e. Most other people have the 7250. They are able to respond to actual meeting invites with accept or decline just like in Outlook. They are also able to send meeting notices and invite attendeees.
I am not able to do this. I have spoken with my own Corporate support people as well as Verizon and neither seem to know what is going on.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:16 PM   #4
gartm
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: verizon
Default all working now

My corporate support desk reset all the wireless features through the desktop software...eevrything is now working properly.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:53 PM   #5
dicksond

Model: 8130e
Carrier: Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
Nope. The .ICS attachment is not readable by the BB - it is for Outlook only.
Will this ever be corrected?

We are a Domino BES 4.0 SP2 shop and have BB users unable to accept external invites on their handheld, but accepting them with the Notes client works and updates the BB calendar.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:55 AM   #6
cpagel

Model: 8703e

With my Verizon 8703e I am having trouble with wireless calendar synchronization. I can receive calendar events created in the desktop environment but not receive meeting invites. I also cannot get new calendar events I create on the handheld to go back to Outlook. Any ideas on how I can fix my wireless calendar synchronization problems? Note, emails, tasks, contacts, and notes are synchronize fine wirelessly. Its just the calendar that's only one way and does not support invites.
Closed Thread