BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 09:15 AM   #1
Kevvin Miller

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Default 8703e email setup with Verizon and Exchange Server and BIS

Please Login to Remove!

Has anyone setup 8703e with Verizon, Exchange Server in Outlook, using BIS?

I have tried and the server type options don't seem to give me Exchange Server or what is needed.

Do I have to set up with admin to forward to blackberry email?
If so, when responding, can I respond with Exchange server email addy so they never see blackberry email and simply BCC to Exchange server email to keep a copy there?

Is there a better way? BES will have to come out of my pocket which is not an option right now.

Please help.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:25 AM   #2
Outrigger
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T

if you do not have the BES plan, the exchange server feature will not work with your BB. your admin will have no control over this, its a feature disabled in the BIS data plan. At least this is the case with Cingular and Tmo, pretty sure on vzw as well, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:33 AM   #3
Kevvin Miller

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

So I can't even do a forward to my vzw.blackberry account?
So in other words there are no options besides BES??
This I was not told by Verizon.. hmmm imagine that!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 09:40 AM   #4
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800

Have you tried doing OWA from the BIS? Do a search for OWA to find some others who have setup their BB.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:03 AM   #5
jgb@etree
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
Have you tried doing OWA from the BIS? Do a search for OWA to find some others who have setup their BB.
Yeah. You're going to either have to use your OWA account and integrate it via BIS, or have your exchange admin create a SMTP enabled contact (with your [email address] address) and then go into your user account properties (in ADUC). Select the Exchange General tab, and click Delivery Options. In the Forwarding Address, select the radio button for Forward To, and select the new SMTP enabled contact that you created. Check the box to deliver messages to both the mailbox and the forward address and you're set. Also, unless you want your new SMTP enabled contact to show in the GAL (you probably don't want it to...) you're going to want to go into exchange advanced, and check the "Hide from Exchange address lists" box in the properties of your SMTP enabled contact.

If you want your BB emails to all look like they are coming from your work account, login to BIS and set the replyto address for the @provider.blackberry.net account to your work address (and you can set it up do auto BCC all messages sent from your handheld back to work, should you want it to. If you do, I recommend setting up a filter in outlook to dump all of those into your Sent Items folder.)

BES 5.0.4 ~ BES 10.1
Old 11-21-2006, 04:44 PM   #6
Outrigger
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820

it doesn't matter, because unlike the rest of the carriers, Verizon doesn't distinguish between BES and BIS, you either have a voice/data combo where the data would be $40 a month or a data only for $45. with them, its unlimited or nothing at all.
Closed Thread