Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 05:06 AM   #1
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8705g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Themes get deleted

Please Login to Remove!

Everytime I download a new app on the app loader.

I have a 7105t and it says themes not recognized and will be deleted. It is the only option to take if I want to install the new app.
Is there a way to make the app loader , not look for these themes?
Old 03-19-2006, 08:06 AM   #2
srl7741
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric0668
Everytime I download a new app on the app loader.

I have a 7105t and it says themes not recognized and will be deleted. It is the only option to take if I want to install the new app.
Is there a way to make the app loader , not look for these themes?
Keep those installed themes in the folder where they were install from. The dm is looking in that folder and seeing they are gone.
Try to delete the folder inself where whey were installed from if you can put the themes back into the folder.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:03 AM   #3
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8705g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Ohhhhh

So without me saying what I did...you already know.

When I install something with the DM, I need to keep that on my puter somewhere. It looks the last place it got it. In my case it saw it was not there. So it was not that it did not recognize it on the phone, it was that it could not find it on the PC. Thanks

BTW, I have a couple more questions not getting answered. Can u answer here and see if I get it.... or email me eric0668@yahoo or IM me at yahoo eric0668. If you can, I'd be in debt.

1) Does the O2 theme not work on the 4.1 OS if you get it from Hong Kong and you have Tmobile. I got a java app error. I just took it off

3) With the BBToday.
a) my email names overlapped. Is that just because they are too long. I think so
b) How do you make the weather update and stay? I went to the site but it would not update on the BB
c) How do you get your stocks?
d) lastly, how do you make it take over your homepage. It is supposed to by default right? I think it did it once, but it locked up. I could not dial out on t the homepage (even tho I know there is a setting SOMEWHERE for this) or anything for that matter.

Thanks so much for your initial answer. And thanks for this answer if you can answer it .

btw, if I wanna, and you say I should put the themes folder back on my pc, and I don't wanna put them where I downloaded them from, the desktop, I should put them on my d drive then reinstall them, right?
Old 03-20-2006, 09:19 AM   #4
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

1) Some people have reported as much, although both stock 4.1 themes work just fine for me
2) There is no question #2
3a-d) Search for BBToday for some of your questions - I'm SURE that they have been answered in the Aftermarket Software sub-forum.

As for the themes, put them somewhere that you don't have to look at anytime you turn on your PC (e.g. - your Desktop is not a good place). This way the installation will be 'out of sight, out of mind'. If this place is your D:\ drive, then so be it. I usually will put mine in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Applications\AppName.