Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 07:59 AM   #1
dollars5
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: Airtel
Smile multiPlay for Blackberry Pearl 8100 - beta

Please Login to Remove!

Dollars 5 Compile Labs» Blog Archive » multiPlay for Blackberry Pearl 8100 - beta announcement

Dollars 5 Complete announces the public beta for multiPlay for Blackberry Pearl 8100. multiPlay is an Entertainment+Productivity+utility application for Pearl. It is a single application that multiplies as 4 functional applications.

The bundled modules are media player, vNotes, txtNotes and File explorer. Media Player is an entertainment application that allows users to listen to music, crete playlists and manage them. vNotes is a voice memo application that allows users to create memo in using different codecs. txtNotes is a notepad for Blackberry, it can create, view ASCII text files, import/export memos as text files. File Explorer is a Blackberry file system management tool that allows users to create, rename, copy, move, delete files/folders.

When released this product will remain free for personal use, while an optimized commercial professional license will also be available, with many features and unrestricted usage.

This product has been in an internal and closed public beta stage for a long period and a variety of bugs have been fixed.

The over the air (OTA) install is available from:
http://www.dollars5.com/OTA/multiPlay.jad

For people interested in downloading and installing via Blackberry desktop manager the files are available for download through the following links:

http://www.dollars5.com/downloads/bl.../multiPlay.cod
http://www.dollars5.com/downloads/bl.../multiPlay.alx
http://www.dollars5.com/downloads/bl.../multiPlay.zip

The user manual is available from:
http://www.dollars5.com/downloads/bl...usermanual.pdf

Feel free to test ride and enjoy the application

(NOTE to Admins: I thought this would be the appropriate place to make this announcement - if anything is wrong - pls moderate the post appropriately)

Last edited by dollars5; 02-05-2007 at 08:19 PM..
Old 02-03-2007, 08:30 AM   #2
jfisher
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
Carrier: t-mobile

sounds awesome - but when i target the .jad from my pearl it just displays the contents of the jad - have you set up the mime types on your server?

and how about some screenshots!!

[edit -just installed via desktop manager and the app wont start?]

Last edited by jfisher; 02-03-2007 at 08:38 AM..
Old 02-03-2007, 08:40 AM   #3
figsjohn
Thumbs Must Hurt

hey dollars5, for some reason i cant download over the air is that the corrct address it keeps giving me error.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:00 AM   #4
dollars5

An updated version is now available, it was a problem due to incomplete upload and now that is fixed.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:03 AM   #5
dollars5

Oops, mime type setting not set pls ignore the jad link.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:00 PM   #6
canonbomb1987
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100c
Carrier: Cingular

I downloaded the player, but the file explorer folder is empty. How do I put songs in there? Is it through DM?
Old 02-03-2007, 12:03 PM   #7
hrhenry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

Tried to create a playlist with an entire folder on my SD card. No dice. Looks like it's saving the playlist, but just goes back to "NowPlaylist" and "Sample Playlist", both of which contain nothing.

Do I need a validation key to simply do a playlist?

R.
==
Old 02-03-2007, 12:28 PM   #8
dollars5

No validation keys needed, the Sample playlist is the one that you just created, focus and click on it, you should see it selected now hit 'Play selected playlist' and you are done.

Pls do refer the user manual for more details.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:29 PM   #9
dollars5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonbomb1987
I downloaded the player, but the file explorer folder is empty. How do I put songs in there? Is it through DM?
yep, adding songs is through desktop manager to your SD card and through the playlist manager - you can create playlists for the songs.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:47 PM   #10
HuwSy

Model: 9800
PIN: .
Carrier: Orange

Oh very nice looking, makes me want to get an 8100 even more now, doh...

Still tho, is it possible to add cue sheet, gapless mp3, ogg or streaming audio support? either of then would do nicely.

[I know iv jus asked this in "What is a good Mp3 player for Blackberry?" but thought itd get noticed more in this thread.]
Old 02-03-2007, 01:18 PM   #11
dhendriksen

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Does this program allow me to record conversations? I used that all the time on my E61, and it is almost worth getting rid of the Pearl over. I am in the car and on the phone all of the time, and talking while driving is dangerous enough, much less taking notes.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:59 PM   #12
krsdj1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: tmobile
Default Good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendriksen
Does this program allow me to record conversations? I used that all the time on my E61, and it is almost worth getting rid of the Pearl over. I am in the car and on the phone all of the time, and talking while driving is dangerous enough, much less taking notes.
I wish the pearl did have a voice recorder that would be nice so i could take notes and sent them through an email message.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:23 PM   #13
HuwSy

Looks like it lets you record in the vnotes part of the app, it is only voice quality. now if it could do cd quality then there would be another field that the Bb outdid almost every other phone.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:34 PM   #14
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

I posted comments over on HoFo, but it looks like this thread will get all the action so I'll link them in here.

OTA JAD file for everyone:
HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - View Single Post - Announcement: multiPlay for Blackberry Pearl 8100 - beta

Initial feedback:
HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - View Single Post - Announcement: multiPlay for Blackberry Pearl 8100 - beta

Man, I hate forum splitting...
Old 02-03-2007, 05:51 PM   #15
figsjohn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollars5
Dollars 5 Compile Labs» Blog Archive » multiPlay for Blackberry Pearl 8100 - beta announcement

Dollars 5 Complete announces the public beta for multiPlay for Blackberry Pearl 8100. multiPlay is an Entertainment+Productivity+utility application for Pearl. It is a single application that multiplies as 4 functional applications.

The bundled modules are media player, vNotes, txtNotes and File explorer. Media Player is an entertainment application that allows users to listen to music, crete playlists and manage them. vNotes is a voice memo application that allows users to create memo in using different codecs. txtNotes is a notepad for Blackberry, it can create, view ASCII text files, import/export memos as text files. File Explorer is a Blackberry file system management tool that allows users to create, rename, copy, move, delete files/folders.

When released this product will remain free for personal use, while an optimized commercial professional license will also be available, with many features and unrestricted usage.

This product has been in an internal and closed public beta stage for a long period and a variety of bugs have been fixed.

The over the air (OTA) install is available from:
(NOT AVAILABLE ATP)

For people interested in downloading and installing via Blackberry desktop manager the files are available for download through the following links:

http://www.dollars5.com/downloads/bl.../multiPlay.cod
http://www.dollars5.com/downloads/bl.../multiPlay.alx
http://www.dollars5.com/downloads/bl.../multiPlay.zip

The user manual is available from:
http://www.dollars5.com/downloads/bl...usermanual.pdf

Feel free to test ride and enjoy the application

(NOTE to Admins: I thought this would be the appropriate place to make this announcement - if anything is wrong - pls moderate the post appropriately)
so no OTA? huh
Old 02-03-2007, 10:52 PM   #16
dollars5

Our web-admin is out of office and I dunno the configuration details for the apache - so have to wait till hez back to get the OTA stuff done. I had thought just uploading the jad would do - but seems a small server config is needed too.

Please bear with us till Monday.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:27 PM   #17
ChinoxL37
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: tmobile
Thumbs up

just installed via dm worked like a charm.. mainly want it for media player... havent really tinkered with it yet but format is great love the display and funtionality of playlist great job two thumbs and two big toes up wonderful job
Old 02-03-2007, 11:42 PM   #18
dollars5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuwSy
Still tho, is it possible to add cue sheet, gapless mp3, ogg or streaming audio support? either of then would do nicely.

[I know iv jus asked this in "What is a good Mp3 player for Blackberry?" but thought itd get noticed more in this thread.]
We are already working on ogg vorbis support, but that would take time as by default it is not supported on blackberry.

gapless mp3 - we do not pause between mp3 files, once file1 is complete file2 is played almost immediately. We have plans to add some gaps for future versions as it was requested by many people.

CUE sheets - We ran a poll initially for this among our closed beta testers and almost all of them report they do not use cues for their mobile. CUE sheet is just a fact file on the tracks and file locations and we will consier it for our future versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuwSy
Looks like it lets you record in the vnotes part of the app, it is only voice quality. now if it could do cd quality then there would be another field that the Bb outdid almost every other phone.
Blackberry does not support CD quality recording only voice quality, mono recording - is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendriksen
Our vNotes module does it, and it is non-optimized and an highly optimized voice recorder for Blackberry pearl is almost up to release (when you purchase a professional license for multiPlay - you can get that voice recorder with it) - but you will have to wait for atleast 3-4 days before we announce final version releases. [Some features: in our stress test - it recorded for more than 1 hour continously, very fast processing for generating G711 audio files, plans to add high quality GSM 6.10 which is better than AMR]
Old 02-04-2007, 02:25 AM   #19
HuwSy

Quote:
We are already working on ogg vorbis support, but that would take time as by default it is not supported on blackberry.
Woohoo.. Thanks

Quote:
gapless mp3 - we do not pause between mp3 files, once file1 is complete file2 is played almost immediately. We have plans to add some gaps for future versions as it was requested by many people.
Is it true gapless, as a lot of the music I have is mixes and even the empty end frames in mp3 files are nuticable unless there skipped by the player as it supports the gapless actual time thing in the mp3 header. Could there be the option for this adding a gap for those of us who would prefere no gap, as aposed to hard coding a delay in?

Quote:
CUE sheets - We ran a poll initially for this among our closed beta testers and almost all of them report they do not use cues for their mobile. CUE sheet is just a fact file on the tracks and file locations and we will consier it for our future versions.
Its a relatively simple function to impliment in most cases, unless theres a media library involved. Thanks.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:03 AM   #20
dollars5

Ohh, now I get it, you mean to say to ignore the empty silence frames at the end of mp3s to provide a seemless experience - rite?

But the problem with Blackberry implementation is that there is no proper way of detecting silence frames at end of the mp3s - but there should be some programmatic way to get it - we will invest some time into this when the critical projects and patches are done.