BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 02:42 PM   #41
qsk

Model: 8800
Carrier: tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

Same boat. Ordered Tuesday AM with the 3 day shipping. An hour ago CS told me that it would arrive today and if not then call back and they will do something although says pending on her screen.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:07 PM   #42
icepulse
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100T
Carrier: T-Mobile

They just told me, point blank, that I was committed to this purchase, and that I could not cancel my order OR my new contract. Order is still "pending shipping".

I now officially hate 'em.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:24 PM   #43
krazykritter

Model: 8100

Quote:
Originally Posted by icepulse
They just told me, point blank, that I was committed to this purchase, and that I could not cancel my order OR my new contract. Order is still "pending shipping".

I now officially hate 'em.
If you are a NEW customer you most certainly can cancel and send the phone back. As a new customer you have a 14 day trial period. As for the phone I would leave a notice for UPS to refuse delivery from T-Mobile. If you are upgrading you are not stuck either but they may not be able to stop the shipment of the phone. You can still refuse shipment and call CS and have your contract reset to before the upgrade.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:28 PM   #44
icepulse
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100T

No, I'm an existing customer, but I'm no longer under contract.

When I ordered the upgrade, however, I agreed to the deal via an automated "form", pressing "1" to "sign" the agreement.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:39 PM   #45
krazykritter

Quote:
Originally Posted by icepulse
No, I'm an existing customer, but I'm no longer under contract.

When I ordered the upgrade, however, I agreed to the deal via an automated "form", pressing "1" to "sign" the agreement.
Even as an exisiting customer you have a grace period to return the phone. If you open the phone there will be a sheet that explains how long you can keep it and how much usage you can have and still return it. Off the top of my head you have like 3 days and just a few hours talk time but it's been a while so I don't really recall. Once you return the phone you can have your account reset.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:46 PM   #46
StanSimmons
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr
When did you order, and what type of shipping did you choose - ground or express?
I ordered Wed., express shipping.

It shipped yesterday, and I just confirmed that it is waiting at my Apartment Office.

I'm leaving work early today.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:52 PM   #47
ceebz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
PIN: 23F2E165
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanSimmons
I ordered Wed., express shipping.

It shipped yesterday, and I just confirmed that it is waiting at my Apartment Office.

I'm leaving work early today.
Lucky bastard.

Old 09-15-2006, 04:12 PM   #48
Wavshrdr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: t-moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfanfl
Wavshrdr,

It's fine to screw up just say so. I didn't ask for any commitment from T-Mobile. They volunteered one on the web-site regarding the delivery.

I am not completely surprised by this situation given the fact that T-Mobile reps had no clue on Monday evening or even Tuesday morning that the Pearl was going to be released. Now, I am not blaming the agents for this, but it is clear that for new equipment releases, their "system" does not suffice for communication purposes.

But the "cancellation" of an order consisted of waiting for the phone to arrive and rejecting the delivery according to T-Mo CS.

And please notice that I didn't say I was going to cancel my service or anything like that, I just said I woudln't order a brand new model online anymore.
I can understand a lot of your points and I'd be unhappy too if I had to wait. I do know after working at a big company (Honda) that even with the best of order systems things aren't always up to date with what the CSR's screens tell them.

I'll give you an example from my personal experience. At Honda we had an issue with a problem on the original Interceptor motors (V45's) (I'm dating myself now) where there was an oil feed problem to the camshafts. Computer said we had a bunch of the upgraded parts in stock but no dealer could apparently get them or that they were shipped already to them. Turns out we DID have them in stock BUT they were in the UK (England). However the CSR's screens never told them were and a lot of customers had their bikes torn apart and on the benches waiting for parts.

So maybe I am giving Tmo a little more slack than most because of my experience. I know nobody at Honda tried to mislead anybody. I does take a while for inventory systems to catch up and the first day of release is often really hectic if there is pent-up demand. To put it another way, the demand here was the equivalent of a gentlemen's club giving out free lap dances. I think that is analogy most males can understand and for the women here, it is like Nordstrom's has buy one get 2 free on Coach purses.

I waited a long time in the store to get mine and I had co-workers leaving work early after calling all day to find where there were some left in my area and go buy one. Even non Tmo customers in my area are paying full price so they can buy them and put them on another network.

I do hope all of you waiting to get yours get them soon. I know what it is like. I can say that more than any phone I've bought before, this one has more than met my expectations. This is my 4th BBerry. My only complaint is Tmo's EDGE could be a bit faster but it is a huge improvement over the GPRS I had before.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:59 PM   #49
JeffAUV
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

I am just relieved to hear that some have actually shipped. That means they actually have some and it shouldn't be a terribly long time before they ship mine
Old 09-15-2006, 06:34 PM   #50
somarpro
Thumbs Must Hurt

Will TMo send me tracking info once it's in transit or do I have to keep on top of it for the info?
Old 09-15-2006, 08:39 PM   #51
ijahman

Default Ordered Thursday 7pm

Got shipping info today for Saturday delivery! So I will have around 10 or so!
Old 09-15-2006, 08:48 PM   #52
nyzwerewolf
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile
Unhappy ordered it on 12th, still nothing..

I ordered the Pearl on 12th, i still have no tracking info. whenever i call T-Mobile, they say the same thing that they told you guys.. "Pending"

I'm so pissed offf... aghh! I ordered a Motorola phone for my dad the same day i ordered Pearl and i ordered the Pearl before the Motorola.. and the Motorola got delivered in 2 days!

this is what the CSR said, UPS Ground is 7 days + 3 days for processing in the warehouse. that is basically 10 days!

Do they even have the Pearl in stock..??

I mean, if they cant process the orders of the customers, they shouldn't let people order it. only let them order it once they have enough phones in the warehouse.

and,

somarpro,

t-mobile will not send you any info once its on transit. you have to keep tracking the package...

Last edited by nyzwerewolf; 09-15-2006 at 08:53 PM..
Old 09-15-2006, 09:05 PM   #53
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Talked to TMo again tonite. They offered to refund my $15 for express shipping-yippee!(which wasn't mine anyway...corporate account). Nobody there knows what's going on. They said it appears as some kind of backorder situation but it's not technically backordered. They just said that for some reason they haven't shipped out. They are "waiting for more information." The rep I talked to said that he, personally, hasn't seen any ship out. Did they really sell out of them before noon on opening day? Someone didn't do their homework! I wouldn't expect the stores to be able to replenish too quickly either if that is the case...Those that got them already, as a previous poster so elouqently put it, "Lucky b*st*rds"
Old 09-15-2006, 09:36 PM   #54
AlwaysOn607
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl

I went to the store today and bought one. The store I went to had not even sold one yet all week. Customer Care assured me I could have the same price as my "phone ordered" one and they noted the file as such. The guy at the store had to call his boss, who had to call his boss, but I got my phone for the original deal. The guy at the store was very nice and accomodating.

I came home and cancelled the other order, but they aren't sure if it cancelled or not, so I may have to refuse delivery.

I am very happy with my phone and very happy I didn't wait any longer.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:54 PM   #55
nyzwerewolf
Thumbs Must Hurt

im heading to tmobile store tomorrow.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:02 PM   #56
donthateme13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: curve
Carrier: tmo

Now T-Mobile is saying its on back order....

so heres the frustrating part i ordered tuesday in the AM i was assured it would arrive yesterday(friday) with 3 day shipping. Friday i was told its still pending but it could arrive Friday. which any person having common sense knows that wasnt going to happen. finally today i call to check the status and im told its on back order. they really need to get their act together but lesson learned
Old 09-16-2006, 03:58 PM   #57
AlwaysOn607
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl

Amen
Old 09-16-2006, 04:43 PM   #58
somarpro
Thumbs Must Hurt

They told me it may be an additional 3 days or so , to just check on UPS.com on Monday or Tuesday and if nothing comes up to call them back and check the status again. I ordered it on the 14th
Old 09-16-2006, 07:09 PM   #59
nyzwerewolf
Thumbs Must Hurt

Got my Pearl today! I couldnt wait any longer. I went to the T-mobile store. I bought it from there. I called Customer Service and they said i just have to deny the package, and the UPS will sent it back to T-mobile.

I'm still playing with the phone.

my aim sn: blackberrypearl
Old 09-16-2006, 11:33 PM   #60
krazykritter

I've been a T-Mobile Customer quite a while and I would understand if they had more orders than expected, honestly, but this run around from CS is unacceptable. When will companies learn that the truth is better for them than BS answers. CS finally admitted that my order was in fact back ordered. Of course they finally admitted it after flat out asking if that was the case.
Closed Thread