Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 08:46 AM   #1
jwaters
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel
Default Pocketday reply to

Please Login to Remove!

I did a search and couldn't find the answer to this problem.

I'm trying Pocketday, and I can't get the Reply to function to work. I get the option to select my reply to address, but it doesn't change. On the webclient I can't select a blank address like it says in the manual. I have to select a default address. How do I get this to work?
Old 06-19-2005, 08:56 AM   #2
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A

Try BBReply I find it to work much better any easier: http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=6944
Old 06-19-2005, 09:23 AM   #3
jwaters

I installed BBReply but I don't get an option on selecting my address when I compose an email or when replying to an email. I configured 2 diferent addresses in bbreply, but when I go to send it doesn't give me a way to select which one.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:12 AM   #4
crs
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

For PocketDay, it's the reply-to address field on the webclient that must be blank, not the from field. You can't change the from address.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:24 AM   #5
pcnetgeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsch
For PocketDay, it's the reply-to address field on the webclient that must be blank, not the from field. You can't change the from address.
This is the fix i was looking for bbreply.. finally works but now is there a way to get the friendly name in the BWC to BLANK and the sender of the mail what i use with bbreply?

reason i ask is due to the fact that im using multi email addresses which arent the same names, so like pcnetgeek as the friendly name might conflict with my personal name or other..

thanks.. and sorry for hijacking your thread :(

EDIT: the best i could do was hit the space bar in the friendly name, but then there is no FROM address when mail is sent using the bbreply addresses

Friends Dont Let Friends Call Nextel BlackBerry Support, They Direct Them To The Friendly BlackBerryForums.Com Support..

PIN: 40082120

Last edited by pcnetgeek; 06-20-2005 at 06:37 AM..
Old 06-20-2005, 08:34 AM   #6
jwaters

Update - Now both are working. I'm not sure if this is what did it or not, but when I did a reset by removing the battery it seemed to make both PocketDay and BBReply work. I have the reply to options available to me.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:34 AM   #7
pcnetgeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaters
Update - Now both are working. I'm not sure if this is what did it or not, but when I did a reset by removing the battery it seemed to make both PocketDay and BBReply work. I have the reply to options available to me.
Hi J,

How did you setup the BWC to work?

reply-to
sent from address
friendly name

Thanks in advance.

Friends Dont Let Friends Call Nextel BlackBerry Support, They Direct Them To The Friendly BlackBerryForums.Com Support..

Old 06-20-2005, 05:09 PM   #8
jwaters

Under "Options" I have the reply to address blank. I have my name as my "friendly name" Under "Profiles" I have my sent from address set to my work Pop3 account. That is normally where I want emails sent, however if I send or reply to someone when I am in the field and want the reply to come directly to my BB I select my reply to as my blackberry address when composing the email. I get it a lot quicker that way instead of waiting for the BWC to poll and pick up email.

Just so you know, the email will still show as coming from whatever you put in as your sent from address in the BWC. When someone replies it will put whatever you have selected as your reply to address from PocketDay or BBreply. If you don't select a reply to address when composing or replying to an email it will default to what you have set on the BWC.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:11 PM   #9
pcnetgeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

thanks for the reply.. ok so there is no way to do what i want to do.. i understand everything you did.. thank you much..

Closed Thread