hi all, i have a BB Bold 9000 OS: v220.127.116.112 i found this tutorial but the step 9 i havent the media icon.
i am develop my first app on Netbeans 6.9.1, how to test my .jar file (my Hello World)?
1. Download to .JAR to your PC
2. Link your Blackberry to your PC via the USB cable
3. Open "Computer" in the Start Menu
4. Go to the folder/location on your PC where you stored the .JAR file
5. Either copy or cut the file (In case there's any oopses, best to copy)
6. In the Drive/Device list under the "Computer" screen find your Blackberry
7. Paste the file either into the root of Blackberry or a subfolder, either will suffice.
8. Unhook Blackberry from USB cable
9. In the applications on your phone (or on home screen depending on Theme) scroll to the "Media" icon
10. Click the "Media" icon to launch it
11. Press the menu button and select "Explore"
12. Locate the .JAR file either on the device memory or memory card (check both as the Blackberry seems to just sort of stick system memory and card memory together lol)
13. Click the file, and it should prompt you to download (install)
14. Click "Download" and you should be golden.
how to install .jar files - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com