My App was just released on BlackBerry World. It is a video downloader for YouTube. You can find it here:
BlackBerry World - Icicle - Downloader for YouTube - $2.99
Why would you want this app?
- Fast downloads direct from YouTube servers (no third-parties involved)
- Search for YouTube Videos directly from the App
- Download and save YouTube Videos to your BlackBerry PlayBook for offline viewing
- Paste YouTube links directly into the search tab for instant download of video
- Filter Videos based on Quality and Size
- Change the download name of the downloaded video
- Save to either the Downloads or Videos folder
I can't speak for you so I will tell you why I use this app. I have one of the first generation 64GB PlayBooks. Since I do not have 3G and because I have a long commute to work and back everyday, I use Icicle to download YouTube videos whenever I have WiFi and save them to my PlayBook. I can then view the videos on my commute. I particularly like the full length Documentaries that you can find on YouTube. Currently I do not have a download manager but I am actively working on building one so that I can then pause and continue my downloads whenever I am in a WiFi area.
Please post to this thread or contact me directly through the Support section of the PlayBook/Z10 App. I hate bugs in software so I will expedite a fix or refund your money if you are not satisfied with the product.