Bluetooth data transfer on older phones
Please Login to Remove!
I was able to copy files to 8700c with 4.5 using bluetooth option. This should work with other BBs as long as there is some kind of Media Manager available on the phone itself.
1. Before anything make sure that your phone is paired and connection is established with the source device.
2. On the phone click Media-> Receive Using Bluetooth(under options)
3. The phone should show "Waiting for connection" message
4. Choose a file from your computer/device. You should be able to send pretty much any file to your headset.
5. Choose a location where you want to save your file on BB phone(For some reason I could not change a location).
6. Click Save.
Additionally, there is an option to explore the phone file directory similar to the files explorer so you can manage your files more easily.
I have searched around and was not able to find this solution right away. I hope this info helps.