Please Login to Remove!

RIM is black-burying carriers with half-baked BlackBerrys
Old 06-23-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
fourstringfuror
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Q10
Carrier: VZW
Default Re: RIM is black-burying carriers with half-baked BlackBerrys

You're clearly happy with your iPhone. Why are you posting on a BlackBerry forum?
Old 06-24-2011, 03:08 AM   #3
BigA
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iphon
PIN: Prick
Carrier: Verizon

Ummm well I feel less guilty because at least I am actually point out the problems with this company vs. other members who do own and use iPhones and are defending Blackberries?? Really?

To answer your question. Because it makes me very happy. To me its my form of satisfaction that people that work for RIM will read this. To Me, my company, my employees are sick if spending thousands of dollars on a platform and getting screwed year after year on a product that the quality is and has been lacking for the last few years. The time I have spent alone per week on trouble shooting issues with BB is astronomical! RIM should be paying all of us for being BETA testers for their crap and this article proves it to no end.

Last edited by BigA; 06-24-2011 at 03:10 AM..
Old 06-24-2011, 03:45 AM   #4
Thiego-uk

Model: SGS2
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigA View Post
To me its my form of satisfaction that people that work for RIM will read this.
PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hahahahaha!!!! Ur serious? Mate... dont bother urself. If they read or not your comment Im sure they dont give a cr*p. They dont listen to their supporters why would you think they will listen their haters. Seriously, save your time and poison for someone else!
xD
Old 06-24-2011, 07:15 AM   #5
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Quote:
To answer your question. Because it makes me very happy. To me its my form of satisfaction that people that work for RIM will read this. To Me, my company, my employees are sick if spending thousands of dollars on a platform and getting screwed year after year on a product that the quality is and has been lacking for the last few years. The time I have spent alone per week on trouble shooting issues with BB is astronomical! RIM should be paying all of us for being BETA testers for their crap and this article proves it to no end.
Wow. You seriously thing RIM people will read this thread on this forum and immediately jump into action.

Wow.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #6
BigA

Model: iphon
PIN: Prick

Wow, you guys are the one who are out of touch with reality. For one RIM should be taking notes. # 2 this site should hope that RIM is monitoring this site.

Guess what else. Right now RIM really needs to "jump into action". There has never ever ever been a better time in RIM'S history to do nothing other than to "jump into action". Right here and now. You people are CLUE LESS!!! You guys are like "the ship is sinking what the F*&^ should we do now. I know lets mock and bash anyone who tells us other wise". That's absolutely brilliant!
You know you guys are so smart that RIM should fire Jim and Mike and put you guys in charge.

So your reasoning is that RIM should just dig its head in the sand, is that it??

Bye bye RIM. I hope little ole me is going to scare this company into shape!

But somehow I get the feeling that because my points are fact and valid. You clearly can come back with any good argument other than bashing my character. I wouldn't be surprised to have my account closed and IP banned. If you do this then I have clearly won the battle. This simply mean that my arguments are too much for this site and your only recourse is to mute me. Get real. Come back when you can grow up and speak like an adult.

Have a nice day!
Old 06-24-2011, 10:01 AM   #7
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

BigA, seriously give it a rest. We heard your numerous other rants. You're talking in circles. First off, if you get banned, it doesn't mean you've won the battle. It simply means you were a troll and got treated like all the other trolls do.

Now, as for a lot of your statements, as asinine as they are, there is some truth to them. It is no secret that RIM is falling behind the competition. But to say they're not doing anything is completely false. They're working on OS7 and QNX. Granted, it is probably too little too late, but it is still moving forward.

I have also seen you make comments at ifonline as well as he is an iPhone user. He left the BB platform a while ago and came back, and just recently left again. Obviously he came back there for a reason. He isn't alone, there are a lot of people that try the iPhone and Android and realize it isn't for them so they come back to BB.

Having said that, I have both an HTC EVO 4G (going to pick up the EVO 3D today) and an BlackBerry 9330 running OS 6.

As much as you think you are a prophet of sorts, you're not. Anyone can see that RIM is falling behind, all you are is a troll, and I am sure no one will be sad to see you go.

Have a good day, sir.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 06-24-2011, 10:33 AM   #8
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigA
Come back when you can grow up and speak like an adult.
You have got to be kidding me. Speak like an adult? So is this what you mean by "speak like an adult":
  • You people are CLUE LESS!!!
  • You guys are like "the ship is sinking what the F*&^ should we do now.
  • I hope little ole me is going to scare this company into shape!
  • If you do this then I have clearly won the battle.
  • You probably can't read either.
  • Yes that's right keep drinking the koolaid.
  • I am simply trying to wake up the ones who don't have common sense simply because they are a fanboi too of RIMM.
  • Do I get some kind of award or cookie. If so I do like chocolate chip.
  • Really you guys will be the butt of all the jokes about this worth-less platform.
  • Leme guess Palin 2012? BWHAHAHHA CAN'T STOP CRYING LAUGHING BWHAHAHAH
  • I mean you just simply can't make this crap up!!
  • This place makes it very easy to troll.

Unreal. BigA is an unfortunate example of what happens when a manufacturer is successful in the consumer market... you have to deal with idiots and children (often one in the same).

BigA, here's a hint: this isn't a battle. You don't need to save anyone, except perhaps yourself. You are welcome to use whatever phone you like, and everyone else is afforded the same opportunity. There is no need to push your agenda, mock those that support BlackBerry (myself included, as shocking as you think that is), or act like a five year old. Although that last one is, no doubt, going to be the most difficult for you to deal with.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #9
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Who has the popcorn?
Old 06-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #10
ifonline
Magic Bananas

I have some popping right now.

*ding*

Be right back.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
Old 06-24-2011, 10:51 AM   #11
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
I hope little ole me is going to scare this company into shape!
This was my favorite.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #12
ifonline
Magic Bananas

That is a classic.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
Old 06-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #13
smoothadmin

Model: 9860
Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

Quote:
Ummm well I feel less guilty because at least I am actually point out the problems with this company vs. other members who do own and use iPhones and are defending Blackberries?? Really?

Apple has issues too you know! For starters every time they have come out with a new device that has required an update the first day it's out to make it functional and Apple's servers (the 10 that they own) are overwhelmed from people trying to download the update tell people "not to worry it a in week or two you should be able to get the update!". They put themselves first over their customers and Apple/Mac users keep buying it up which is very SAD!

A.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #14
Thiego-uk

Model: SGS2
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
BigA, seriously give it a rest. We heard your numerous other rants. You're talking in circles. First off, if you get banned, it doesn't mean you've won the battle. It simply means you were a troll and got treated like all the other trolls do...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
You have got to be kidding me. Speak like an adult? So is this what you mean by "speak like an adult":
WOW!!!! You guys took the words from my mouth!
BigA, everyone here is mostly open minded about new platforms and brands, we just dont like much trolling. If you dont like BBs or is frustrated about them you just have to reason with it and make the most of whatever you using at present. You have to use what suits you better and Im sure everyone agrees that RIM is way behind on development of smartphone also a good part of us have common sense and knows the difference of a healthy discussion and a hatred comment. Unfortunately, most of your last comments are only of hate and doesnt add any healthy knowledge to the threads. Sometimes is better to keep your opinion to yourself!
Opening the thread with a article from a website was cool and add to a discussion but your points on comments are just pointless...

PS: Sorry about the wall post
PS2: Errrr PS, PS2... will I get bantered cause someone else prefer a Xbox? maybe the weeeeeeeeee or wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii than...
Old 06-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #15
jsconyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
Having said that, I have both an HTC EVO 4G (going to pick up the EVO 3D today)
Just picked up the Evo 3D. Pre-ordered at RadioShack and got a $50 gift card. Traded in my 1 year old Evo 4G for $148. So only paid $2 out of pocket today for the 3D! Not too shabby, now time to mess around with it!
Old 06-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #16
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Ooohhhh, something shiny!

Let me know how you like it. I'm not a fan of Android, but always like to hear feedback.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:13 AM   #17
jsconyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
Ooohhhh, something shiny!

Let me know how you like it. I'm not a fan of Android, but always like to hear feedback.
I'll give a quick review of the device having used it the past 3 days. I will compare it with my previous phone, the HTC Evo 4G.

Battery life of the Evo 3D is better than that of the Evo 4G. On Saturday, after over 8 hours of use including WiFi, GPS, browsing, texting, phone calls and downloading apps, I still had 60% of battery remaining. I am very impressed with that!

The size of the device is a little different, it is slimmer and taller than the Evo 4G and I like the feel of it better this way. Sense 3.0 makes this device very enjoyable. It is extremely intuitive, for someone that doesn't like Android, I would recommend playing around with this device. I think you may just like it. Sense 3.0 makes a BIG difference.

As for the 3D part. It takes 2D pics in 720p which are pretty clear using the 5MP camera. The 3D pictures are clear as well using the dual stereoscopic 5MP cameras. Granted it takes a few seconds for the camera to focus to get a clear pic in 3D, but it is definitely 3D. Viewing pics in 3D is pretty neat as well. However, you have to have the phone at the right angle to see them correctly. Staring too long starts to give you a headache. Having said that, I watched most of the Green Hornet 3D movie that came on the device and I didn't find myself looking for aspirin. It was pretty enjoyable. The Spider-Man 3D game is about the same as the movie, it didn't seem to bother my eyes. The nice thing about the game is you can adjust the level of 3D so if you do find it bothersome, you can turn it down to virtually 2D.

Overall, I enjoy the phone. I would recommend it to any Evo owner as an upgrade. Even without the "gimmicky" 3D, it is still a solid device with a 1.2 Ghz dual core processor,540 x 960 4.3 inch screen, 1GB of RAM and internal memory, up to 32 GB of external memory, dual 5 MP cameras, as well as a 1.3 MP front facing camera.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:33 PM   #18
fourstringfuror
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Q10
Carrier: VZW

OK BigA, you're right. RIM sucks, and BlackBerry is crap. I'm destroying mine with a hammer, and running to the nearest Verizon to buy an iPhone.

Happy?
Old 06-28-2011, 12:57 AM   #19
Daltonirl

Model: iP4
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstringfuror View Post
You're clearly happy with your iPhone. Why are you posting on a BlackBerry forum?
What's your deal with iPhone-owners being on this site?
Old 06-28-2011, 07:54 AM   #20
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daltonirl View Post
What's your deal with iPhone-owners being on this site?
Speaking for myself, I have no issue with iPhone owners posting here, so long as they are not here specifically to bash BlackBerry.