BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
brodgers33

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Angry 9630 - I can't get picture or video to download from BB to computer.

Please Login to Remove!

I have the 9630. My computer OS is XP for Home and Small Office. I don't know what is wrong and feel real stupid. The BB software did have a problem loading and I had to get help from one of their Tech's. Here's something that might be related to the problem, I go to Desktop Manager, click 'Media' and try to install 'Media Manager'. It never installs. I get a message "Rox Sniffer 9 Module has encountered a problem and needs to close". Then my computer shuts down and reboots. On the reboot, I get a message to the effect my computer recovered from a "fatal error". It's a real pain and I still can't get my pictures to download. To get my pictures to my computer, I have to remove the mini SDcard and plug it in to my computer. Still doesn't let me get to the video. Don't know where it's at, but can watch it on my BB. I'm stumped, Please help
Old 12-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8820)

The Roxio software is a problem for many. It's probably not you. Do a search and see.

To move media files from BB media card to computer, just enable mass storage and drag and drop. If the files are in main memory, you'll need to move them to the media card using the blackberry. Or, you'll need the Roxio app to access the files in main memory.

In you media card options, make sure you except media from encryption.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #3
brodgers33

Ira,

Thanks for the response. I did everything you suggested except doing a search on the Roxio software. How do I do that? I guess I don't quite understand. I haven't tried to get pictures form my BB yet. And I haven't tried to install the Media Manager either as I don't want to crash my computer until I do everything you suggest.

Brad
Old 12-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted (8820)

I meant use the search feature of the forum (look near top of page). You will see for yourself about the media manager instead of taking my word for it. Your problem installing it very well may not be your fault.

At any rate, you do not need the media manager to move or copy media files to your computer if you have a microSD card in the blackberry. If you have that figured out then you are home free.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:09 PM   #5
brodgers33

I'll look for problems with Roxio in the forum.
I know I can take the sd card out and get my pictures. I'm just frustrated that I can't just connect my BB to my computer and get them that way.
Thanks again.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:19 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted (8820)

That is my point. You do not need to take the card out of the BB.

Open device options. Select media card. Set media card support to on. For now, until you get your sea legs, do not enable encryption. Set auto enable mass storage to yes. Save.

Now, when you connect the BB to the computer, the BB micro SD will appear as a drive in my computer or windows explorer. Follow?
Old 12-07-2009, 09:24 AM   #7
hmfoster
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
Carrier: verizon

After you have set mass storage to yes, right click the Start button, click Explore, scroll down till you see Blackberry as a drive double click Blackberry, double click the subfolder blackberry ( if there is one ) then double click Pictures and you should see the photos
Closed Thread