Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 09:49 AM   #61
Ruffian829
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

If there is no iPhone for Verizon before my contract is up, I'm switching to AT&T for an iPhone... I am really hating the non-sync going on and it didn't bother me as much until now when I decided to go back to school, am planning a wedding, etc. and I need to find things in one location, or I'll forget to do them. Plus, when my BB decided it wasn't going to charge (and thus, when I woke up one morning and it would not turn on!) and I had to get a new one, and Verizon could only sync my contacts (thank god for google sync I got my calendar still!) I lost everything else I had in the phone, a lot of wedding plans, info, etc.
Its not worth it, now I worry about it constantly and I'm always entering all my info by hand into my mac every night, in case the BB stops working again...
Old 06-19-2009, 06:43 PM   #62
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

I think it's complete but it's gotten a National Security rating and is presently being detained at Area 51, along with the Roswell aliens. In fact, those aliens might be who wrote it!
Old 06-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #63
Ritsuke
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: BEL Proximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf37 View Post
the mac desktop software is currently being tested internally. should be out in a few months.
Let us hope for the best. A decent application would do many users good.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #64
Insomnic

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Just as a note about my experience with both apps.
Missing Sync support is not very good and my "set as primary" numbers/emails/addresses in my Address Book always get reset with a work label on my BB and in Address Book. This messes with voice command usage a lot (and for default functions that use the address book on my MacBook). Missing Sync is also very big on not releasing minor fixes but full releases that you have to pay to upgrade. They add lots of features but that problem of mishandling the labels still exists. Missing Sync does offer a lot more options for managing sync services including bluetooth sync and more media sync options. Missing Sync also has a crappy notes sync. The application has to be opened and then closed to have updated sync data shown. This has also been a reported bug since the previous version.
PocketMac was working great and then just... stopped. It is very basic but when it works it works well. The notes sync works with the built in stickies app and I've never had any issues with that function.

I've had both applications delete contacts for no apparent reason. I've had to run each as "warn for any change" as neither app can be trusted not to delete contacts randomly. Both applications have also caused locked contacts (they won't delete without a full wipe as if they are secured).

They are the only real options right now and they each kind of work but not in any reliable fashion.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #65
adorkable
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: Ask.

I preferred MissingSync over PocketMac, but I've since just completely given up. I was tired of the constant errors that would come up out of nowhere, and after paying for the MissingSync software, it just seemed ridiculous that it never quite worked properly. I even paid again to upgrade, thinking many of the issues would be fixed, but that was a mistake.

I have a PC that I can use for backups and OS upgrades, but my main computer is my iMac. I want to be able to sync iCal events and tasks as well as my address book without any worries or hassle, but now I just use Google Calendar instead. The automatic wireless syncing is nice, but it's unfortunately that the app can't sync Google's tasks with the Blackberry tasks.

When it comes to RIM releasing a full featured DM for OS X, I'm not going to hold my breath.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:48 PM   #66
rogerb1583

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Default Where is the MAC DM!

Received a message on my 8310 to upgrade my phone. Not having a PC I can not upgrade. I decided to estimate what it would cost me to run Windows on my Macbook Pro, running OSX 10.4.11. By the time I bought all of the software it would cost between $180 to approximately $250. If I wanted to use a Windows machine I would have bought a windows machine. It would be cheaper to buy a second generation iPhone off eBay and leave the Blackberry in the dust than it would to make my MAC "compliant" with what RIM thinks all Blackberry users should use as computers.

SO WHERE IS THE MAC DM THAT RIM HAS STATED IS COMING FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS! (Rant mode off.)

I hope that everything is going well for anyone that happens to read this!

Edit/Delete Message
Old 06-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #67
borja1055@gmail.com
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8120
Carrier: tmobile

so there is no way to update the os on my blackberry without windows correct?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:36 PM   #68
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S

Correct.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:45 PM   #69
borja1055@gmail.com

Model: 8120
Carrier: tmobile

fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge
Old 07-01-2009, 12:56 PM   #70
sesme
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: att
Default I think I have to call it quits

I think it might be time to get an iPhone.

Pocketmac and missing sync absolutley suck. RIM could not care less about mac users.
I'm so tired of the missing data, the lost contacts, inability to really "synch" re-installing crummy pocketmac everyday.

I don't want to do it. I've owned a lot of blackberries but they dont get it. Why would it possibly take so long for a DM for mac? it is ridiculous.

They have themselves to blame. Shame.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #71
JiveTurkey

Carrier: AT&T

Someone on the blackberry.com forums says he got a reply to an email sent to [email address] saying that the Mac desktop app had been developed and was in beta testing, but there is no firm release date. I think we should all pester them until we get some sort of an idea what is going on.
Closed Thread