Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
SSbogger

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW
Default Desktop Manager: XML Parser Error

Please Login to Remove!

I just got a BB 8130 Pearl with Verizon and tried to load the RIM Desktop software.

It pops up a window saying that I am missing Microsoft XML Parser 6.0.

Well I went to the MS update site to get this and I did. The problem is that you have to have a certain installer in order to install it. Well I got the installer too but it won't install it.

In my mind this shouldn't even be a problem. I mean I've searched and no one else has this problem. I have tried it on my work and home computers (neither are related or share any files ect.) and both computers come up with the same error.

I have IE7 and Mozilla on both computers and use Mozilla as my default. They are also set up for automatic updates.

Any advice on what steps I can take in order to get the Desktop manager installed?

Thanks alot!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:24 AM   #2
NCBuckeye
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: 4.6
Carrier: AT&T

Check on blackberry.com support and type in exactly what it says. If I have a problem and can't find it on here I go there.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:25 PM   #3
SSbogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBuckeye View Post
Check on blackberry.com support and type in exactly what it says. If I have a problem and can't find it on here I go there.
Thanks for the advice but I did try that and no such luck.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:26 AM   #4
SSbogger

I can't believe that no body else has had this problem. It happened on both my computers but not on anyone else's?
Old 12-05-2007, 08:19 AM   #5
CanuckBB
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbogger View Post
I just got a BB 8130 Pearl with Verizon and tried to load the RIM Desktop software.

It pops up a window saying that I am missing Microsoft XML Parser 6.0.

Well I went to the MS update site to get this and I did. The problem is that you have to have a certain installer in order to install it. Well I got the installer too but it won't install it.

What won't install it??

The installer (I'm guessing installer 3.1)?
XML 6.0?
Desktop manager?

I assume XP, do you have SP2? latest patches from MS?

At this point it sounds more like an OS problem than a RIM one.

Quote:
In my mind this shouldn't even be a problem. I mean I've searched and no one else has this problem. I have tried it on my work and home computers (neither are related or share any files ect.) and both computers come up with the same error.

I have IE7 and Mozilla on both computers and use Mozilla as my default. They are also set up for automatic updates.

Any advice on what steps I can take in order to get the Desktop manager installed?

Thanks alot!
Old 12-05-2007, 01:57 PM   #6
SSbogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckBB View Post
What won't install it??

The installer (I'm guessing installer 3.1)?
XML 6.0?
Desktop manager?

I assume XP, do you have SP2? latest patches from MS?

At this point it sounds more like an OS problem than a RIM one.
I've got XP and SP2. I assume that this XML 6.0 either comes with XP or is included in SP2.

For some reason my computer tells me that it is not installed and prompts me to install XML 6.0 when I'm trying to install BB Desktop. I click "install" and it acts like it is installing it and finishes without showing any errors but when I got to install BB Desktop software again it gives me the same message about XML 6.0 not being installed. I've tried restarting after it seems that the XML was install too.

So this brings me to try and download XML off the Microsoft Download page. I download the file but need Windows Installer 3.1 to install it. I download Installer 3.1 and install it. Now I'm not real sure how to install the XML file I downloaded. I double click it (XML file) and it asks what program I want to use to open it (it is a .msi file). There is no folder that the installer 3.1 was installed in so I just tried to use the installer 3.1 setup file and that doesn't work.

I've got all the recent updates and my computer is set to update automatically in fact. I just don't understand why both my work and home computer are having this problem but seems like no one else has ever run into it.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:19 PM   #7
dvdrat

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Just checking, but are you running the installations while logged in as a local administrator on your computer?

- dvdrat
Old 12-05-2007, 03:45 PM   #8
SSbogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdrat View Post
Just checking, but are you running the installations while logged in as a local administrator on your computer?

- dvdrat
Yeah I sure am.
Closed Thread