BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 07:59 PM   #101
southwestcomm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Many
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Our rep told us the 17th is the launch date.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:42 AM   #102
MooseBerry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9930
PIN: Up :)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I spoke to BB support at Nextel and the tech told me it was coming out the 17th. But I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:59 PM   #103
Hayredivah

Model: 8300
PIN: 24062636
Carrier: att

MY lovely people, I just got the call.. the 7100 is in the store and they will go on sale Monday. At least in NJ they will.

The call was from my Sprint/Nextel rep and mine is on hold! Good luck to all.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:38 AM   #104
Chewy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: 204C0E24
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwestcomm
Our rep told us the 17th is the launch date.
ya i second that, i have paper work here in the office stating that its coming up on the 17th... also my old rep who now is a head cordinator in the NY NY region, we still keep in touch and he also stated the 17th... so i'm putting my money on the 17th.... but i'm also almost positive its going to be like "special order" only till the end of the money
Old 10-15-2005, 12:36 PM   #105
Mr Pink57
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwestcomm
The PTT button is on the side of the device.

Dawg - if you are a Nextel dealer you can find the new flyers on INC. The BES and general BB flyers have both.
But if you look at the demo on blackberry.com it shows that it is on the top, but I have not seen the new flyers on INC either.

pink
Old 10-15-2005, 12:52 PM   #106
jnelson2000
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

PTT button is on the left side of the phone
Old 10-15-2005, 07:27 PM   #107
southwestcomm

Model: Many

The updated flyers with the 7100 are the BB pricing and BES flyers. Sorry, should have been more clear.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:25 AM   #108
MGO

Default Available Now

I ordered at 7:37 this am from telesales. Will have units before 10 am tomorrow. upgrade $170.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:23 PM   #109
cschmidt

Model: 8800

same here...I will have mine tomorrow too. I only paid $140 I have a corporate account.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:53 PM   #110
HotdoG

Model: 6230

The 7100i is listed on Nextel's website with the specs.

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...el_Phones&id9=

2nd from the bottom.

Full Feature List:

BlackBerry Wireless Access to Email
Get all your email in one place wirelessly. Receive emails from your corporate and personal email accounts. Microsoft Outlook, IBM Lotus Notes, GroupWise and Internet email capable. Click here to learn how.
Digital Cellular Phone
Operates on the Nextel National Network as a digital cellular phone. Talk with or without a hands-free device.
BlackBerry Personal Organizer
Easy access to your email, address book, calendar, notes, and tasks while you're mobile.
Wireless Personal Organizer Synchronization
Automatically synchronizes your calendar, address book, tasks, and notes while you’re away from the office.
Bluetooth®-Enabled
Talk hands-free with a wireless earpiece or transmit data wireless from a Bluetooth®-Enabled device (up to 30 feet).
GPS Solutions
Whether you need turn-by-turn driving directions or a smarter way to manage your mobile travel needs, Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) solutions can help get it done. GPS location-based safety services like Mobile LocatorTM, allows you to locate a friend or family member’s phone location at anytime, right from your computer. Enjoy audible and visual turn-by-turn driving directions to any address, anywhere on Nextel’s Nationwide Network. If you need to make a 911 emergency call, the GPS feature can also help emergency personnel locate you. (If your phone has adequate access to GPS satellite signals and the emergency response center is equipped to process such information.) Click here to learn more about this service.
Standard Features
Standard features included with all Nextel Phones:
xxx9632; Walkie-Talkie Service: Walkie-Talkie service that instantly connects you to all other Nextel users - across town, across the country, and now even across borders to Latin America and Canada.
xxx9632; GPS Enabled: Lets you view your approximate location and when making 911 calls helps emergency personnel to locate you if your phone has adequate access to GPS satellite signal and the emergency response center is equipped to process such signals. Supports non-Java location-enhanced services such as Mobile LocatorTM.
xxx9632; Time/Date: Current date and time information anywhere on the Nextel National Network.
xxx9632; VibraCall® Alert: Notifies you of incoming phone calls, Walkie-Talkie calls, messages and Voicemail without a sound.
xxx9632; Recent Calls List: Access the last twenty sent and received calls for quick call return or number storage.
xxx9632; Accessory Connector Cover: Protect the bottom accessory connector from dust and debris with the attached cover.
Large 262K Color Display
Vibrant display with enhanced clarity allows you to customize your screen with downloadable wallpapers, adjustable color palettes, and choice of three font sizes.
Multimedia Messaging Service
Send or receive Multimedia Messages (either audio, images, text, or all three in the same message) to or from email addresses and other capable users. You can even wirelessly store multimedia on the Sprint web site. Click here to learn more about this new service.
Walkie-Talkie Services
Walkie-Talkie service that instantly connects you to all other Nextel users - across town, across the country, and now even across borders to Latin America and Canada. This feature includes:
xxx9632;One-Touch Walkie-Talkie: Set your phone and instantly connect to the last Walkie-Talkie call or an assigned Walkie-Talkie contact by pressing the Push-to-Send (also works for Group Walkie-Talkie);
xxx9632;Walkie-Talkie Speaker & Privacy Modes: Use the private speaker button to switch from the external speaker to the earpiece for private conversations or to minimize disruptions in quiet environments.
Downloadable Applications, Games, Ring Tones and Wallpapers
Use the “Downloads” menu to choose from hundreds of additional Java applications, Games, Ring tones, and Wallpaper to personalize your phone. Phone-initiated purchases and downloads require a data plan; visit www.nextel.com/downloads for additional instructions and information.
Datebook
Book meetings, plan events, and set alarms that will automatically turn-on the phone if needed. Store a phone number or Walkie-Talkie ID and initiate a call from a Datebook entry. Does not sync with other software programs.
Enhanced Memory
Load more applications and save more emails with 32 MB Flash and 4 MB SRAM.
Media Center
Large memory size allows you to store hundreds of photos and will display a variety of file types.
Java Applications
Get answers at your fingertips or take a break from a hectic schedule with included applications and games. Visit www.nextel.com/downloads for additional applications, full game versions, details on content and download instructions.
Enhanced Attachment Viewing
View and store JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF, and Microsoft Word, Excel, and PPT files. Pan, zoom, and rotate pictures. Save images directly from an attachment in a separate application for easy viewing.
Airplane Mode
Turn off network connection and use programs, games, voice record, and datebook. Check FAA rules and regulations for proper use of electronics during flight. Phone will display “Airplane Mode” while in use and display “Service Restricted Airplane Mode On”.
Advanced User Interface
Phone use is quick and easy with one-touch shortcuts to phone features, icon-driven menu and 4-way navigation with OK selection key.
Assignable Ring Tones
Assign unique ring tones to contacts for audible notification and caller identification during incoming calls. Use the "Downloads" menu to choose from hundreds of additional ring tones to personalize your phone (phone-initiated purchases and downloads require a Data plan), or visit www.nextel.com/downloads for additional items and download instructions.
Keypad with SureTypeTM
Typing on a phone has never been easier with SureType logic. The BlackBerry 7100i has a large screen, trackwheel, delete key and space bar that make it easier to operate than other phones with similar logic.
Roller Wheel Operation
The roller wheel provides one button operation to easily access all key functions of the BlackBerry.
Configurable BlackBerry Backlight
Configure the display for any setting, light or dark. Highest setting has the brightness of a small flashlight.
Speakerphone
Safe, hands-free cellular conversations are always available with the built-in speakerphone.
Profiles
Instantly adjust more than 10 settings for different surroundings.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:08 PM   #111
CentexChris

Model: 7100
Default 7100i Nextel Blackberry

These new 7100i are very slick. Got a issue that Im not sure about. I use Lotus Notes 6.5 in a BES enviroment, when I go to sync my setup the address book, the option is greyed out. So is Memopad and Task. My Calender is the only option that I am able to sync. Anyone heard of this issue before??
Old 10-27-2005, 08:53 PM   #112
stonent

Model: 8220
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: T-Mobile

Yeah if the admin has some screwy policy setup on your phone or if on BES 4 and wireless everything is enabeld and they disabled wired sync to keep you from messing up the phone.

Prior: BES: 7510, 7520, 7290, 7230, 7130, 8220 (No Data Plan), Droid Eris
Post your question on the forum, don't PM me.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:55 PM   #113
mr8ballmag

Model: 7100i

i have new nextel 7100 and links up to all of those option in outlook no problem
Old 12-16-2005, 11:10 AM   #114
jade-swords

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8ballmag
i have new nextel 7100 and links up to all of those option in outlook no problem

Did you figure out a way to load wallpapers or tones yet without using the browser? is there a program specified for this? I love the fact that this phone can read your sim instead of using the outlook address book.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:15 AM   #115
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

MFTP

Hi jade-swords, may I suggest you check out the dedicated Ringtones, Themes and Wallpapers forums. Lots of threads there on how to load wallpapers without the browser. No ringtones though..
Old 12-28-2005, 06:12 PM   #116
Nextel User

Model: 8220

why is this thread still open?
Old 02-11-2006, 12:25 PM   #117
dorenec

Red face Voice Record Software

I use the 7100i and love it, I recently discovered it is voice record capable but requires 3rd party software which I have not been able to find. Please let me know if you hear of anything that I can use for dictation while driving, etc.
Closed Thread