Old 04-06-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
BB_Support_Guy

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Synchronize Lotus Notes 8.5 Contacts to Blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all,

On Notes client Release 7, in order to get Address Book to sync to BB the user would send their names.nsf file. We would alter the ACL to set proper permissions, create a replica on the BES, and add the server name & file path in their PIM Sync. The user would then Find Replica in their Notes Workspace, stack both Address Books and set a Replciation schedule. Within an hour their BB Address Book would have contacts.

For our Notes client Release 8.5, when doing this we run into many inconsistent issues. Ultimately, we've heard 2 different solutions from our Lotus Notes team, but are still uncertain of this method...

1) We need to create a hidden view for Contacts in their Mailbox database. Then add the mail server name and mail file path in their PIM Sync and this would work. I haven't tried this because I don't know how to create this "hidden view."

2) In the user's Notes client, you go to File | Preferences | Contacts and Enable "Synchronization Contacts" on the Replicator, then set a schedule. How does Notes know what to replicate to? We haven't added any Contacts replica to the Notes client. Is this similar to how Exchange/Outlook would sync?

Any info would be helpful for I'm a bit lost at this point and am not getting concrete answers as to how to do this (and how it works in the background). I've tried step #2 with 3 different users on R8.5, and got 3 different results .

Thank you!
Closed Thread