BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 02:01 AM   #21
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

This whole shudder sound thing kind of makes me laugh. There is a way to kill the shudder sound, but it requires a few things.. Editing of the COD file that contains the sound (the rim_bb_camera module is a good place to start) and then locate the MIDI file within the COD and change a few hex codes so that the camera MIDI no longer has any volume.

Then next big challenge is getting that modified COD file back on the phone as it is a signed file and since you have changed hex values, the signature will no longer match and the loader will detect this and not load the COD. I won't go into detail about this part because circumventing it can open up a whole host of problems and it's not easy to get around.

Here's what I get as the kicker, to take an upskirt photo with one of these BBs you'd need alot of extra light, because of how noisy the pictures are when taken with low ambient lighting. Ohh wait, it has a flash right? Well who the heck isn't going to notice a flash that bright coming from beneath them?

To each their own, but I think that to treat everyone as if their intentions are bad is unfair to those that are responsible.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:56 AM   #22
MIQAL
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

reminds me of this photo I saw on digg a few weeks ago.

Failed Upskirt - IMAGER.CC
Old 10-25-2007, 09:17 AM   #23
ShaneToronto
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8300r
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I think this stems more from a corporate security position than a legal or "looking up girls skirts" reasoning.

Nobody wants people to walk into an office and be able to photograph documents, work product, etc, etc, etc. Blackberries have always been security heavy- I believe the logic behind the inability to suppress the shutter sound stems from corporate/IT security concerns, plain and simple.

I hate the camera click, personally. I'm not taking pictures of girls panties as they come down on the mall escalator, but there are times I would like to take a pic without the entire world knowing it.