Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
rogue1

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Boost Mobile
Default Boost CDMA w/8330

Please Login to Remove!

I currently have a Boost C290 with Boost Unlimited CDMA service. I have been told I can transfer a 8330 to Boost CDMA, so thats what I tried doing today. Everything was going good with getting the 8330 transfered onto the service, but when the customer service rep asked me to enter ##40175# to change the MDIS number (which is how to change the number on most phones) it does not work. How can I change the MDIS number on a blackberry?
Old 09-12-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
sloconnor

Carrier: sprint

You will need to call your previous provider.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #3
rogue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloconnor View Post
You will need to call your previous provider.

I was actually able to figure it out. I just did not need to hit the # key at the end. Then it takes you to the CDMA edit screen and you can edit everything. I now have a working 8330 on Boost Mobile CDMA Unlimited $50 plan. I don't have the browser or messanger working yet, but still reading on how to get that going. All other applications seem to be working (facebook, operamini, email, etc)
Old 09-13-2009, 08:38 AM   #4
hightack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue1 View Post
I was actually able to figure it out. I just did not need to hit the # key at the end. Then it takes you to the CDMA edit screen and you can edit everything. I now have a working 8330 on Boost Mobile CDMA Unlimited $50 plan. I don't have the browser or messanger working yet, but still reading on how to get that going. All other applications seem to be working (facebook, operamini, email, etc)
You may get the browser working, but you will not get BB Messenger working because it works through RIM's servers. Boost Mobile does not have a Blackberry data plan.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:59 AM   #5
rogue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightack View Post
You may get the browser working, but you will not get BB Messenger working because it works through RIM's servers. Boost Mobile does not have a Blackberry data plan.
Yes thats what I have figured, is there a way to play videos in youtube without opera mini trying to invoke the BBBrowser?
Old 09-13-2009, 11:51 AM   #6
rogue1

Quote:
Yes thats what I have figured, is there a way to play videos in youtube without opera mini trying to invoke the BBBrowser?
NM...just found Xenozu, and it works for youtube videos
Old 09-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #7
jason.semon

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint/Boost
Cool Tutorial?

Quote:
I don't have the browser or messanger working yet, but still reading on how to get that going. All other applications seem to be working (facebook, operamini, email, etc)
Hey Rouge1. Did you find a tutorial on this? I'm getting an 8830 in a few days and want to put it on my Boost account. I currently have a Sanyo Katana working fine on here and can usually do all of the programming, but I want to make sure that I won't run into any problems. I know crackberrys can be complicated at times.

Any tips will help.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 09-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #8
krazeekirk

Carrier: BoostMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.semon View Post
Hey Rouge1. Did you find a tutorial on this? I'm getting an 8830 in a few days and want to put it on my Boost account. I currently have a Sanyo Katana working fine on here and can usually do all of the programming, but I want to make sure that I won't run into any problems. I know crackberrys can be complicated at times.

Any tips will help.

Thanks,
Jason
hey i just got one on boost didnt get the ## thing working but while i was trying that i went into the network options and hit start provisioning and everything was done over the air updated the service books that rogue1 helped me out with and i have everything but outgoing mms working
Old 10-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #9
gambinos

Model: 8350i
Carrier: boost
Default iden to cdma

i currently have a 8350i on boost iden. i would like to switch over to the cdma. will a sprint BB work. what about the sms/mms which i got to work on my 8350i. do i need service books and where would i get them. thanks
Old 10-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #10
brandenr331

Carrier: Sprint
Default Service Books

I would like to do this to my Blackberry 8330 Curve. But i read online that you have to have service books to enable certain things. Is there any way you can send/post the service book entries.

Any help would be appriciated
Old 10-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #11
jason.semon

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambinos View Post
i currently have a 8350i on boost iden. i would like to switch over to the cdma. will a sprint BB work. what about the sms/mms which i got to work on my 8350i. do i need service books and where would i get them. thanks
A sprint BB will work, and yes, you do need service books for the web browser, which is useful for several things, such as the gmail application. It won't install using Opera... They are easy to install though. I still haven't figured out a way to use the BB email client for IMAP... don't think it is possible because there is not a standalone email setup. Maybe if you activate the phone on a sprint account and use BIS to set it up, then backup the service books it would work.

Otherwise, the service books can be found on mobile-files.com. There is a service book to make MMS work and separate service books to make the web browser work. I'm trying to combine them because you can only install one or the other... and when I install the MMS SB, it kills my data.

It takes some tweaking, but it is definitely worth it... Also, if you have BB Maps 4.5, you will need to downgrade as the latest version requires BIS. I found this to be easy as well. Let me know if you need more details.

One last thing, you must have a Boost CDMA phone to create an account and you must use an address from one of the original 13 Boost states (I used a fake address in Sunny Southern California and have a 323 number). Google any address in any area code you want and use it. They don't mail anything. The phones can be found cheap on Ebay... Then there is the first month $50 and a $15 activation fee. Call them back two hours later and add your Sprint BB.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any problems.

-Jason
Old 10-17-2009, 04:18 PM   #12
MARV1227

Carrier: BOOST CDMA

Rogue1 Thanx Alot For The Info On How To Make The Curve 8330 Work On Boost Cdma. I Just Had Mine Activated Today. As Soon As I Get Everything Else To Work I Will Post It To Let You Know.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:01 PM   #13
superproducerkid

Model: 7100i
Carrier: BOOST

Hello ROGUE1 and everybody. 1st, thanks for all the info! 2nd, I was lucky enuff to get a BOOST CDMA acct activated in St. Louis, MO. I started the acct with the ESN from a W385 Boost phone, then called back in a hour later, telling the rep that my W385 was having problems and I wanted to replace the broken W385 with a different phone that I had. When the BOOST rep asked me to press the number sequence to enter the CDMA edit screen, on my 8330, and asked me to enter the new MSID number, I had problems?! The 8330 doesn't have a MSID field?! The MSID number that I was originally given is a 10 digit number, seemingly some sort of phone number. But the Rep said that there should be a set of FIVE zeros in front of the MSID number. The field in my 8330 actually doesn't have a MSID field in the CDMA EDIT SCREEN. the closest thing I see, to a MSID field is either the IMSI_S field, which ONLY ALLOWS A TOTAL OF 10 DIGITS, which allows the 10digit MSID number, but doesn't allow the additional 00000 in front??!! My 8330 will only send & receive TEXT messages. NO CALLS! In or OUT! Is there someone, in St. Louis MO, with a working 8330 on BOOST CDMA, who could tell me the settings in their 8330's CDMA EDIT SCREEN, or direct me to where that info lies? I appreciate it!!

-Mykk
Old 10-26-2009, 06:58 PM   #14
hightack
Thumbs Must Hurt

MSID = IMSI. Enter the the 10 digit MSID they gave you into the IMSI field.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:37 AM   #15
superproducerkid

Model: 7100i
Carrier: BOOST
Default Boost Cdma. 8330. No Internet??!!

1st, thanks to hightack for the info! You guys are GREAT! 2nd, I'm gonna explain, in a bit of detail, my NEW situation, so that someone here may be able to HELP!!

MY 8330's internet DOES NOT WORK??!! BOOST is aware that I have an 8330 on this account. A couple reps gave me a hard time about the 8330. Now the BAD NEWS! My 8330 WILL NOT PROVISION. It will either say PROVISIONING, only to stop after 15-20 seconds, with the message PROVISIONING CANCELED, or the message, PROVISIONING ERROR 1xxx...etc. Also, there is not any info in the HOST ROUTING TABLES screen. When I hit the Blackberry button, from the HOST ROUTING TABLES screen, and press REGISTER NOW, nothing happens?! I still haven't received the text message from BOOST saying, YOUR HANDHELD IS REGISTERED WITH THE NETWORK. Even the transmit indicator stays motionless during the Register phase. I can only make calls and text. My friend, who put the anwors service books into my 8330, says that he thinks that BOOST may have "red flagged" my acount and may be "blocking" my data services?! Of course, BOOST won't help, so I need your expertise! Could it be that, because I never had the actual W385, when I initially set up this acct, that the BOOST system was supposed to do some kind of initial "signal" interacting with the W385(I only had a clean W385 ESN, not the actual phone itself) and somehow my account is in error? I'm guessing. My friend says that when the 8330 registers with the system, the BOOST system should send my phone the proper HOST ROUTING TABLES and any other pertinent info that the phone needs. CAN these HOST ROUTING TABLES and other info be MANUALLY ENTERED?! Also, I wanted to know if the settings in my CDMA SERVICE EDIT SCREEN is correct?! I have a Memphis number, but I'm in St. Louis. I'm CONFUSED!

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2009, 12:19 AM   #16
alexdasilvanj1

i would like to know how can i put the code in to the phone to make it work with boost? i try but i can't do it can some help me they gave me some code but i cant't get it to work and now i dont have a phone intill i get this to work thanks a lot.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:34 AM   #17
alexdasilvanj1

I have been told I can transfer a 8330 to Boost CDMA, so thats what I tried doing today. Everything was going good with getting the 8330 transfered onto the service, but when the customer service rep asked me to enter ##40175# to change the MDIS number (which is how to change the number on most phones) it does not work. How can I change the MDIS number on a blackberry?
Old 01-02-2010, 06:36 PM   #18
ventovic

Model: 7520

Quote:
what all did you have to change in the CDMA edit screen boost only had me put in the MDN number with is my phone number and the IMSI_S number and it got me to were i can call and send sms but i still cnt get on the web and i cant register in the host routing table...it says it sent but i never get the register message....I have the sprint 8330...thanks for any help you can give.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:02 AM   #19
hightack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventovic View Post
what all did you have to change in the CDMA edit screen boost only had me put in the MDN number with is my phone number and the IMSI_S number and it got me to were i can call and send sms but i still cnt get on the web and i cant register in the host routing table...it says it sent but i never get the register message....I have the sprint 8330...thanks for any help you can give.
Did you install the Boostberry service books?
Old 01-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #20
Ticberry

Carrier: sprint

Hey I just called boost and they are saying that they cant flash a sprint blackberry 8330 to boost. Im just trying to find out if this is true? Im trying to set up service today & I dont want to if I cant activate my blackberry. Thanks
Closed Thread