Old 01-13-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon
Default Storm Touch Screen Issues

Please Login to Remove!

I have to first say that I love my Storm. When it is functioning correctly, it is the best phone I have ever owned. With that being said...

Initially I would have issues with the screen acting up. Not responding to my touches, not registering clicks to icons close to the edge of the screen, or simply responding to any touches intermittently. The only solution was a battery pull. This was about a once a week issue.

Recently it became a daily practice and now today I have had to pull the battery 2 times to get the phone back into operation.

I am currently running .75 from Verizon. Anyone else having this problem?

Verizon 9530
Old 01-13-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
Thom
Thumbs Must Hurt

It sounds like you have a Storm that needs one of the screen fixes to make the click action respond properly. I posted two of them, one about a month ago called "Alternative Screen Fix" and the other today called "Another Alternative Screen Fix". I used the fix I posted today and all is well with my click action now.

Here are the posts:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...creen-fix.html

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...creen-fix.html
Old 01-13-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Thom, this is not a physical problem. The phone always works well after the battery pull. Dont you think this is software related? A battery pull wouldn't fix a physical issue. It would still be there after the pull. Wouldn't it?

Verizon 9530
Old 01-13-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

find the latest beta os and install... voila problem solved
Old 01-13-2009, 03:32 PM   #5
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Thanks for the suggestion Cory. However, I have seen far too many horror stories associated with installing beta OS software in the Storm. If that is the only solution, I will have to stick it out for Verizon's next OS release......DAM!!!!

Verizon 9530
Old 01-14-2009, 08:00 AM   #6
pfinelt
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A
Default Go For It...

If you're having the problems described, I would go for the beta OS. Makes a huge difference.

Follow Jim Clark's detailed instructions in the FAQ section regarding 3rd party application backup also. They work.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:42 AM   #7
Thom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelhaBB View Post
Thom, this is not a physical problem. The phone always works well after the battery pull. Dont you think this is software related? A battery pull wouldn't fix a physical issue. It would still be there after the pull. Wouldn't it?
Your comment about the screen not registering clicks to icons close to the edge of the screen is why I said what I said. The people who have had problems with the click action of their Storms occurred when they tried clicking things at the edges. This is where I had issues with my replacement Storm.

If you are really experiencing intermittent issues where the edge clicks are fine and then not fine, I would agree that maybe it is more a software issue. Updating the software as others have suggested may solve your issues. I am running .86 and all I did was upgrade my phone through the Desktop Manager. Having said that, if you are reluctant to try new software that is not officially released from Verizon, I would request Verizon send you a new phone.

Last edited by Thom; 01-14-2009 at 08:47 AM..
Old 06-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #8
Sir J

Model: storm
Carrier: verizon
Default Touch screen issues on the Blackberry Storm

I had a similar issue. I tried a battery pull which worked at first but after several tries it became useless. I then realized that although I continually had touch screen issues they seemed to be a little different each time. I found a solution that has worked for me. I used a cleaner for eyeglasses. Once I did a careful cleaning all the touch screen issues went away. I think it was the oils from my skin that built up after a while. The oils may have dissipated the heat from the touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelhaBB View Post
I have to first say that I love my Storm. When it is functioning correctly, it is the best phone I have ever owned. With that being said...

Initially I would have issues with the screen acting up. Not responding to my touches, not registering clicks to icons close to the edge of the screen, or simply responding to any touches intermittently. The only solution was a battery pull. This was about a once a week issue.

Recently it became a daily practice and now today I have had to pull the battery 2 times to get the phone back into operation.

I am currently running .75 from Verizon. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 06-03-2009, 07:55 PM   #9
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Funny to see this post some months later. It actually WAS an OS issue and after dabbling with the betas I fell back in DEEP love with my Storm.

I love my Storm....

Verizon 9530
Old 11-14-2009, 08:54 AM   #10
r1nt0

Model: 9500
Carrier: INDOSAT

Hi,
Sir J is right... I got the first time problem with my touch screen and it fixed by cleaned it...

Thanks Sir J
Closed Thread