Old 01-19-2009, 06:01 PM   #41
Watoosy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Loosy goosey of screws

Please Login to Remove!

I loosed the screws 1/2 turn. I would like to return the keyboard/screen back to default. Does anyone know what the tap interval, hover period and swipe sensitivity was out of box? I changed these settings a while ago trying to fix the screen problem. I then tried the old business card idea. So, I tried the screw idea and want to return settings back to original and make minor modifications. Thank you!
Old 01-21-2009, 08:14 PM   #42
zebo51
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: TAIL ON DONKEY

My screws must be backing out more because after a week or so I picked up my phone once and the screen would click at all when I pressed it. So I couldn't answer a call or do anything :(. This was after my phone sat in the car outside and got cold, so I thought maybe it was because of the cold but nothing changed after it warmed back up.

So I tightened the screws back up and then backed them out again about .5 of a turn. It happened again. I can't recall how long it took but it was maybe around a week. I am not a heavy text or email person either.

I think I am going to tighten them back up and try the electrical tape trick.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...creen-fix.html
Old 02-12-2009, 11:10 PM   #43
hawkeye7

Default Torx fix for screen click...WOW!

All I can say is WOW! What a difference. This is the best tip I've seen yet. It's like a whole new phone. Thanks a ton!
Old 02-13-2009, 03:19 PM   #44
zero7404
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

i don't have any problems with my storm, i've had it for a few days now, but i'd like to try a screen mod to see if it becomes more responsive, easier to use.

i don't want to get into taking apart the phone, which is the best method to use that is minimalist/reversible ? maybe a few strips of electrical tape on the plate behind the battery ? the screw adjustment mod, or both ?

i have the early model storm, not the PDR-2100.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:54 PM   #45
youngdoc

Model: Storm

I have adjusted the screws as well. Mine required a T6 -- the T7 was too large. I turned a little more than 1/2 turn each. Typing is MUCH more fluid now. Note that you should test the screen click AFTER you have put the back (and any case you use) back on your Storm. The additional tension created by the back of the device and a tight fitting case will influence your screen click. Since I just made the adjustment today, I will post again if I notice any changes down the line.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #46
j0j0
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 30486FEF
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmartymac View Post
Ok, so I had done the paper trick, just to make clicking, especially on the "A" side of the keyboard better. I used two cut pieces of my business card. No folding as it was too thick.

HOWEVER, I just tried the screw adjustment and am impressed with the results. So impressed that I took the time to pull out my camera an take these pictures to help future readers.

I hope they help.

I had bought my Torx to change the keypad of my 8830 as the VZW default blue on silver was annoying... that is another part of the forum though.

I got the Torx at Home Depot for something around $9. It is a nice little tool with T4-T10. I found, unlike other posters that I needed T7. It was the best fit IMHO.

All the other posts explain what to do, lift the sticker, I too only had only one sticker. I lifted it with a straight pin, in fact I did not "remove" it, I just loosened it so I could get the torx under it. I made one complete turn on each of them and am, as noted, delighted with the results.

Again, I hope the photos help.

http://www.mrmartymac.com-a.googlepages.com/Torx2.jpg

http://www.mrmartymac.com-a.googlepages.com/Torx3.jpg

http://www.mrmartymac.com-a.googlepages.com/Torx1.jpg
OMG!! i just wanna know what camera your using? those pictures are amazing! and i have a 13.1 mp right now..hehe
Old 03-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #47
mrmartymac
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0j0 View Post
OMG!! i just wanna know what camera your using? those pictures are amazing! and i have a 13.1 mp right now..hehe
j0j0 - It is a 10.1mp Canon Rebel Xti and the key was that I was using my 50mm lens. The best $89 I ever spent. (on the lens that is) Thanks for the compliment.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:35 AM   #48
RPeppekus
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: 243E67BC
Carrier: Etisalat

Absolutely amazing, this is perfect new, thanks guys! Love my Storm now!

Yippiiieee!
Closed Thread