BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 11:19 PM   #21
lloyd877

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Att

Please Login to Remove!

So how long should it take to load JVM onto the Blackberry as it has be taking its time?
Old 06-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #22
cyruspp

Model: bold
Carrier: tmobile

Hallelujia That Worked Perfectly. Well Done Sir!
Old 07-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #23
NeverSeeMeAgain

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT
Default You are a god, sir.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

As my name suggests, you'll never see me again here, but this is simply beautiful.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:56 AM   #24
kenyon1

Model: 8900
Carrier: Orange

Hi

Im new to the forum. I have the same problem. I updated my blackberry yesterday. Everything seemed to work fine, until when it finished the update the blackberry wouldnt turn on and the red light is flashing every 2 seconds.

However - I didnt get this phone from my carrier. I bought it separately.

You say - use a carrier device software. However mine doesnt have any carrier device software as its unbranded. What shall I do? Is there a unbranded version of the device software.

Thanks - James.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:57 PM   #25
johnhamze

Model: 9500
Carrier: vodaphone
Default Help Help Help

hey everyone I have a BlackBerry Storm 9500 and I have the same problem =( please someone try help me I tried doing the application manager with v5 software that i downloaded from the internet and I did wat it said about the pin how i plug it in and it says pin unknown but still the two red blinks come on.. sooooo annoying... somebody please help me to fix this or tell me how to =(
Old 11-16-2009, 04:35 PM   #26
nisseparlemo

Model: 900
Carrier: three

This has happened to me twice, I get two long and two short red blinks. Both times it happened after I had totally drained the battery.
I did this;

- I removed the SIM-card and the memory card
- I put the battery back and connected the charger (I used a wall connected charger, not the laptop)
- After a while (5-10 minutes) the phone came back to life and I let it start all the way up.
- Once it was started, I shut it down properly with the power off button.
- I inserted the SIM-card and memory and started the phone again (with the power connected)
- The phone came back alive

My conclusion is that Blackberry phone does not like to be drained of power.

Last edited by nisseparlemo; 11-16-2009 at 04:39 PM..
Old 11-17-2009, 06:46 AM   #27
belenba_ngoan

Model: 8700G
Carrier: student

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjj View Post
I was trying to update one of my units and in the middle of updating applications, (Connecting for the first time), it decided to shut off. Now it doesn't matter if I switch the battery or SIM card, the thing still doesn't power on. All that happens is that once the battery is placed back inside the device it starts blinking red. It blinks twice, pause, two blinks, pause, etc. Any solutions. I can't power it up to reload the OS or anything. Thanks
Hi all, I'm new member. I'm Vietnamese, so my English is not good. Affter reading your topic, I think the flash of your device dead. I don't know what you should do in your country. In Vietnam, we should replace the flash with other one.

Sorry for my English skill.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:59 AM   #28
anluu133

Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T

hey guys and gals. similar problem with the blinking red light, but my scenario involves my father accidentally moving the laptop which resulted in the 8700 disconnecting while it was uploading the 4.5 upgrade last night. it did make a backup file but it will not turn on.

anything to remedy this sour pickle that we are in?
Old 11-27-2009, 09:08 AM   #29
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Sorry about that.

Check out BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ - there is a page there on how to use JL_CMDER to first wipe out and then reload the OS.

Then, hopefully, you can use the backup created last night to restore your data and apps.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #30
vlcantrell

Model: 9530
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjj View Post
I was trying to update one of my units and in the middle of updating applications, (Connecting for the first time), it decided to shut off. Now it doesn't matter if I switch the battery or SIM card, the thing still doesn't power on. All that happens is that once the battery is placed back inside the device it starts blinking red. It blinks twice, pause, two blinks, pause, etc. Any solutions. I can't power it up to reload the OS or anything. Thanks
I have the same thing...except blinks once, pause then blinks 3 times... was on the phone with verizon, working, they did something , then all I have is blinking lights
Old 12-25-2009, 05:17 AM   #31
mojpismonosa

Model: 8300
Carrier: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelesschild View Post
OK, I tried this but the computer says it does not recognize the hardware in the USB port (the blackberry). What am I doing wrong?
The trick is in that when you put USB in your BB, in one moment (under PIN device browser) you will se "UNKNOWN DEVICE", hurry up and press that, becose it will last a moment, if you dont make it, just try it again.

Hope this works

X14 you rock
Old 12-26-2009, 11:35 AM   #32
pepperpk
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Mobilink

strange.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #33
toblerone

Carrier: Rogers
Question

I have an 8310 and it just died tonight...I have the blinking red light too. I have tried downloading the blackberry "OS thing", but it doesn't seem to save anywhere. I have downloaded it twice and both times tried plugging the blackberry into the USB port and nothing.
I have never used any applications for the phone - basically use it for phone, texting/pinning, and email. I don't have internet access.
I don't know what to do. My battery shouldn't be that dead. It was probably at about 40-50% power.

Please help!!
Old 01-19-2010, 04:29 AM   #34
yaskme

Carrier: Vodafone UK

Thank You, the steps above helped me recover an 8310. However in my case i was using Desktop manager 4.5 and firmware 4.2, and when clicking on application loader, i had to ensure the battery was removed from the device otherwise i ended up with the 'usb unrecogniseable device error.' The JVM loader would fail afer 'erasing applications, etc' but there would be no more 'blinking red light of death'. I could then re-insert the battery and use the application loader as normal and now have a functioning blackberry :D
Old 02-09-2010, 01:29 PM   #35
jemnezi

Model: 8110
Carrier: Rogers/T-Mobile
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysengr View Post
All please note - the reason you're not getting connected is probably:

1. You need to have the software loaded on the Blackberry Desktop for the device you are trying to recover with the red light. Go to your carrier and download the device specific build before doing this. If you try to connect without the current software for the device loaded, it will connect but do nothing.

2. When the device gets plugged in, and it starts connecting / dropping / reconnecting on the USB connection, catch it when the screen switches to USB PIN UNKNOWN, highlight and press OK. Then assuming you have the newer app loader, select update software. It will go through the checks then and reload whatever isn't right.

3. Remember, your data is dead at this point. You can't do a backup / reload, because there is no OS to backup with. You can reload the OS, but then its like a wiped device.

- Did this on an 8100 Pearl just a few hours ago. Tried to save the data, but couldn't find a way. But the device was unbricked...
Hey guys, my Pearl is doing the exact same thing. but my main problem is that when it finally connects and tries to reload the software, it starts disconnecting/reconnecting again, and I am back to square one.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:22 PM   #36
garbo1116

Model: 8120
Carrier: rogers
Default pls help

Try this this.

1. Unplug BB from PC.
2. Launch the Application Loader like you were going to install something.
3. While the app loader is attempting to connect to the BB, plug the USB cable into the BB.[/QUOTE]

I tried this, but its really not doing anything. My blackberry was loading before when it had a white screen with JVM error, but it unplugged during the load and now it is just dead with 2 blinking lights. I have the desktop software 4.5 and handheld 4.5. When I try to install software it recognizes the device but never gets past the first step of loading software. It just blinks at one bar. What does this mean?
Old 03-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #37
garbo1116

Model: 8120
Carrier: rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by anluu133 View Post
hey guys and gals. similar problem with the blinking red light, but my scenario involves my father accidentally moving the laptop which resulted in the 8700 disconnecting while it was uploading the 4.5 upgrade last night. it did make a backup file but it will not turn on.

anything to remedy this sour pickle that we are in?
Did you ever find a solution?
Old 03-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #38
Xion901
No longer Registered.

Model: XXXXi
Carrier: A Good One

Thanks X
Old 03-16-2010, 05:57 PM   #39
Badboyardie

Model: 9700
Carrier: vodafone

X14 You Are A God!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 06:44 PM   #40
snogsnog

Model: 8700c
Carrier: at&t

X14, I tried your method to revive my 8700c, but I still got issues. I'm pretty sure the software updated to the newest OS, but phone is still blinking red and the USB connection drops in and out about every minute. When I launched the desktop client to connect to the phone, I get stuck at this screen:

The phone wont initialize or turn on. It just sits there, blinking red.

Anything else I can try?
Closed Thread