Old 11-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
Kimberlee
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Z10
PIN: Ask Me
Carrier: Rogers
Default Rogers Retention Number

Please Login to Remove!

Does anybody have the new Rogers Retention Phone Number. The old one (1-888-936-7283) just takes you to the main line. Thanks
Old 11-18-2009, 10:12 AM   #2
Noodle22
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A

Why don't you just call, talk to customer care, and ask politely to speak with customer relations? It is the cancellation department.

People who call the direct line are cheating, it's unlisted for a reason. They are also very annoying.

Call the direct line too often and you get labelled as high risk, after so many issues you get invited off the network and charged the early cancellation fee. Watch yourself and be nice.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
shawntdot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

There is no more direct line. Too many people calling directly for deals so they removed it. Call customer service and they will help you.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:17 AM   #4
rb8310
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

Just ask to be trans to them
Old 11-19-2009, 10:24 AM   #5
Noodle22

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawntdot View Post
There is no more direct line. Too many people calling directly for deals so they removed it. Call customer service and they will help you.
This is true. People abuse it for what it is. They are the cancellation department, not the "give me discounts because my friend has them department"
Old 11-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
rb8310
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle22 View Post
This is true. People abuse it for what it is. They are the cancellation department, not the "give me discounts because my friend has them department"
Thats so ture
Old 12-10-2009, 05:02 AM   #7
Jwatson124678

Model: 8120

Honesty with the amount of money cellular providers are making off there customers why wouldn't you ask for retention just to save a few bucks on a new device or get a plan at a reduced rate if you plan on staying with your provider. It's better in your pocket then theirs.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #8
Noodle22

If your a loyal customer, why not. But they are the cancellation department, not the discount department. I work for a telecommunications company, and I have friends that work for all the big four. A customer called my friend fat because she wouldn't give him retention pricing on a new activation for his girlfriend. This childishness from customers is on a day to day basis. Out of so many calls taken in a day, only about 10% are real cancellations or people who really need help, the other's are money grabbers.

The company is revamping things internally, so I wouldn't expect to see those who hassle the cancellation department for discounts lasting too long.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:45 AM   #9
Jwatson124678

Model: 8120

Yeah I don't agree with that customer telling your friend that she was fat or anything but I think that if people are out of contract and plan on sticking around they should call customer care and be friendly but get their free phone or discount. Why not save money if you can especially if you don't plan on leaving anyways. Just be friendly when you call

They are called the cancellation department because that's what the company has titled them. In reality its their job to be the discounts and free phone department... The company doesn't want people canceling.

Last edited by Jwatson124678; 12-11-2009 at 03:50 AM..
Old 12-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #10
Noodle22

If it's a loyalty renewal, it's not a problem. But there are those who call in sometimes days after activating their account and demanding things.

It is a business when it comes down to it, if they could offer those prices to everyone they would. And yeah, Canadian cell phone companies are about the second most expensive in the world if I remember correctly.

I personally work in customer relations for one of the big four, and anyone that's nice to me, I'll help. Those who scream, yell, and demand, I shut down and won't give anything to. And there are no free phones :P People need to get out of that trend. Years ago there were because the phones were more inexpensive, but the models get more and more expensive for the company so they don't do the free phone on the 3 year term very often.

Like I said though, the internal restructuring of the company will put an end to the abuse of customer relations.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:21 AM   #11
Flare3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers, Telus, Orange

I find most of the time the people in standard customer service, just don't have the power to fix the things I need fixed. But they do have the power to break things, and the inexperience to do that well.

When I was working as an agent back in the early 90s, when we called in to do an activation, the first questions was always how long had you been there. If the answer was less than 6 months we just hung up. When we didn't 9 out of 10 times they messed up the activation and we would have to redo it.

I can tell you that there still is a direct line to customer relations with Rogers. I use it most times I call. I'm always nice, because there is no reason to be pissed at someone if it's not there fault.

Frankly when I had someone screw up the data plans on ALL of my lines 2 months ago, I didn't yell. But it did take me almost 10 hours on the phone to get them all fixed. No one could figure out how they had forced a plan code in, and removed all the APN information, once this had been done, apparently the plan code had been suspended and my old plan code was no longer offered.

I spend about $1000 - $1200 a month on cell service for 6 lines. I'm a little frustrated I can't get a dedicated rep, even thou I used to have one. In fact I was directed by the office of the president to stop using a corporate rep because they could actually get things done. Yes that's almost a direct quote!

At my burn rate I max out my revenue bucket about every 3 months, customer service tells me I get 1 (one) new phone every 2 years. I burn hardware about every 6 months, so really what gives? I end up buying hardware direct from RIM. I've got lines rolling contracts every 3 months...but since they are part of a master account and billed together I'm done. I have to keep the lines together or loose calling plan options.

A rep would save me piles of time. Being able to email a rep and have something done would be great. Really it would save Rogers money too, the problem is no one knows what the others have done. There is no continuity, and with emails, I have a record as well as them. Now that would give me too much power. Frankly, I get some many discounts because of this lack of corporate rep, I'm currently paying about 66% of the full plan costs. But I would give all that up to not deal with getting screwed around and having things just work.

The lies about how all the data related problems have to do with not having the latest revision of SIM card is infuriating. I'm using a 10 year old SIM quite nicely I might add (and in some ways better then the new SIMs). Having a data department rep tell me that in the last 20 minutes, that the entire network has been overhauled and old SIM are no longer supported, frankly is stupid. More so, when I have another device in my hand that is working with the same vintage SIM; actually fixing the problems is more work than passing the buck. I get told this 2 out of 3 times I call with a data related problem.

Thanks for reading my rant.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:49 AM   #12
Noodle22

The old 3040 series sim cards are known to have issues. Unless you have the 4000 series, you are prone to issues related to sims.

There is so much to do in the job of a relations or service representative, it usually takes about a month to get the hang of things, I became a relations representitive a couple months into my job, and I've seen relations reps be 10 x worse then some of the customer service reps.

You can't call the cancellation department expecting better service because you know they've been there longer. Give customer service a chance. Eventually the reorganization of the company will stop this abuse of the cancellation department.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:13 PM   #13
ba97
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: z10
Carrier: rogers

You all bring up a question I have wondered. What is a "good customer" worthy of retention? I know one who pays bills for sure. Does how big the bill is matter? In the airline business, I know "Elite" or Gold in Star Alliance is a good customer-"Super Elite" is the great cusomer and in a whole new level. I have had my sim card working for 10 years and my average monthly bill bounces between $700 to $1000 paid off my credit card, so always paid. I would think that is a significant amount but then maybe there are the "super elites". I expect nothing for free, and know many are out for something for nothing and love dumping on Rogers. My contract is not up for a year and I zone out on the business of shopping for carriers or "retention" of existing. What does one expect these days if they are good or great or other?