Old 09-03-2009, 11:39 AM   #81
gamehenge

Model: storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
Wow. The same thread has been necro'd twice now.
Maybe thats because it is not really dead..... thanks for the non-helpful post that is off topic.... you must have a lot of time on your hands...
Old 09-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #82
Cilraaz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamehenge View Post
Maybe thats because it is not really dead..... thanks for the non-helpful post that is off topic.... you must have a lot of time on your hands...
I have plenty of time on my hands, but that's beside the point. The thread has a 6 month gap and a 4 month gap in it. The firmware for the Storm is leaps and bounds above what it was when the thread was created last November. Hell, there were posts in the thread about people awaiting the Verizon 9530.

Just say no to thread necros.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #83
gamehenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
I have plenty of time on my hands, but that's beside the point. The thread has a 6 month gap and a 4 month gap in it. The firmware for the Storm is leaps and bounds above what it was when the thread was created last November. Hell, there were posts in the thread about people awaiting the Verizon 9530.

Just say no to thread necros.
Well if you read my post it talks about the most recent updates that still haven't fixed the problem...

You don't like necros.... well i don't like spammers....
Old 09-03-2009, 01:13 PM   #84
Cilraaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamehenge View Post
Well if you read my post it talks about the most recent updates that still haven't fixed the problem...

You don't like necros.... well i don't like spammers....
At most, you could say I was trolling, not spamming, but I don't really consider pointing out thread necros to be trolling.

In any case, let's go back and look at your post.

Quote:
1.) Slow.... numerous times I have had an incoming call and the clock comes up telling me to wait. by the time the clock disappears my call is missed. I use this for business purposes and these are customers calling me. Very disappointing. I have a BES at work too.
How are your memory levels? Do you have multiple background programs running? I have yet to experience any slowness, and that's with SocialScope and PodTrapper running nearly 100% of the time, as well as Pandora running very often.

Quote:
2.) the accelrameter doesn't work well. My phone will get stuck in the horizontal view even when i turn the phone vertical... not a big deal but a small annoyance
Haven't seen this issue either, unless I am holding it too "flat"/horizontal. If I hold the phone properly so that the accelerometer can do its job, it has worked fine for me.

Quote:
3.) updates.... maybe i am not getting notified of new updates... but everytime i complain to my rep about this phones performace.... he tells to look for an update. Thats not right i should be notified of updates.
BlackBerry and the carriers have never (to my knowledge) pushed notifications of updated firmware. I usually pop in here and check the newest version against what I'm running every few weeks.

Quote:
4.) the keyboard is not easy and slow.... i thought i would get used to it... but i didn't
I do notice that typing on the device is slightly slower than it was on my Curve. I think this would be more of a user to user thing, though.

Quote:
5.)Also i see on here the comment "if you don't like it don't buy it" well i didn't know i didn't like it until i bought it and used it. I gave it a real shot but by the time i got feed up with it my return period was gone. The first time i complained was 10 or 15 days in and the verzion person told me that all my problems would be fixed with the next update.... They weren't. i am disappointed in verizon for pushing this product so hard even though most of the sales people would touch it. I feel like i got hustled...
You had the opportunity to return the phone and were talked out of it. I had the same thing happen with my old T-Mobile plan. Their service was terrible and within the return period, I was assured it would be fixed "soon". It never was and I ended up eating a few ETFs. I'm still fighting them on those, too.

Oh, and as far as the "even though most of the sales people would[n't] touch it", at least two of the reps at my local Verizon Wireless store carry them and rave about them to customers.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:59 PM   #85
gamehenge

Trolling spaming... who cares whats it called.... Thanks for the input....

I will look into the memory thing.... i don't have anything running most the time so i don't know.... i just you the phone part....

Well sounds like i got a bad one.... and my rep told me i have to buy something new....

Also just because you have not heard of the problems doesn't mean they aren't real....

arrogant Troll
Old 09-03-2009, 02:04 PM   #86
hood123

Carrier: verizon

i got no complaints about the storm other then its takes a while to load everything but other then that its the phone that i must have at the moment
Old 09-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #87
Flash4866

Model: 9550

Got my storm back in January, and I've loved it ever since. I've spent maybe a grand total of 16 hours since then doing upgrades, research, etc. to make it better. If you're too lazy to make simple changes, then you deserve what you get.

If you buy a car, and don't move the seat to where it's comfortable, change the mirrors so you can see, set the temperature so it's a nice 72.5 degrees, program the radio, get the oil changed regularly, wash it, and vacuum it, how much do you think you'll enjoy the car? It's not the car's fault if you can't invest a minimal amount of time to take care of it.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:02 PM   #88
Cilraaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash4866 View Post
Got my storm back in January, and I've loved it ever since. I've spent maybe a grand total of 16 hours since then doing upgrades, research, etc. to make it better. If you're too lazy to make simple changes, then you deserve what you get.

If you buy a car, and don't move the seat to where it's comfortable, change the mirrors so you can see, set the temperature so it's a nice 72.5 degrees, program the radio, get the oil changed regularly, wash it, and vacuum it, how much do you think you'll enjoy the car? It's not the car's fault if you can't invest a minimal amount of time to take care of it.
A good car analogy. Sometimes I think smartphones need smartusers. The old days of buying a phone, using it until you get a new one, and tossing it out are pretty well gone. Smartphones require maintenance to continue running at their peak.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #89
cwrighta70

Model: Storm

Both of the above are good posts. I had a few problems with my Storm up until the software updates came out, but it's been a blast ever since.

Also, I really don't understand why some people buy a smartphone only to use it as a phone (as was mentioned in here previously). Is it just for looks? If you're not going to take advantage of all the features that a smartphone provides, why not buy a simple, low-maintenance phone instead?
Old 02-06-2010, 08:38 PM   #90
zookeeper

Carrier: VZW

Greetings all, from a new member and first-time BB owner (9530 Storm).

To respond to the thread title question, I am not returning mine because it does everything it was hyped to do, and I have had NONE of the problems I have seen as complaints here, and elsewhere. From what I can tell, the OS update has everything to do with this. I got mine with 5.0 already installed.

From what I've read, I guess I'm fortunate that I didn't get an earlier version of the smartphone or the software. I've had the 9530 for a little over three months now, and while I am not (yet) addicted, I am totally satisfied with it, as well as the carrier.

It always helps to be just a bit smarter than your phone.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:11 PM   #91
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
To respond to the thread title question, I am not returning mine because it does everything it was hyped to do, and I have had NONE of the problems I have seen as complaints here, and elsewhere.
This thread is over a year old. A lot has changed since it was started.
Closed Thread