looks sweet

thanks
Old 09-14-2007, 09:29 PM   #42
Vagrant Pistol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT (Crimson)
Talking thanx again for a great theme...but...

Well, I told you if I ran into any hiccups I would tell you...when you spell check, the dialog box covers the word it checks.

I've been enjoying this theme a lot. People at work think I have Vista installed.LMAO!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 10:25 PM   #43
fr0zen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers

awesome!

i think this is the best theme out there! my 8310 looks sexxxxyyy!! :D
My Feedback
Old 09-15-2007, 07:29 AM   #44
srotman
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Too often excellent work goes unnoticed, or there is a lack of "Thank You" where it is deserved. So I'm putting it out there.

jxlarrea, thank you! This theme rocks!

Easily the best theme I've seen on any BlackBerry yet.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:41 AM   #45
jxlarrea
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: 207E3F5F
Carrier: Porta

Quote:
Originally Posted by srotman View Post
Too often excellent work goes unnoticed, or there is a lack of "Thank You" where it is deserved. So I'm putting it out there.

jxlarrea, thank you! This theme rocks!

Easily the best theme I've seen on any BlackBerry yet.

Old 09-15-2007, 11:35 AM   #46
wildlemon747
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Able to download this awesome theme right on the blackberry. NICE JOB!
Old 09-15-2007, 11:57 AM   #47
jxlarrea
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 207E3F5F
Carrier: Porta

Sorry, this theme is no longer public. In 2 days, it was downloaded 2726 times and i only received 3 donations for a total of $15, which i truly think is unfair.

Thanks to Bryan, Day and Eileen for your support, i'll keep you posted with any future private updates made to this theme.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:09 PM   #48
zGuy

Model: black
PIN: rusted safety pin
Carrier: FedEx

Nice theme!
Sorry to read that people just download but don't bother to pay for your hard work (2726 downloads and only 3 donations).
I make my own themes so I didn't download yours but I wanted to encourage people to donate: it is a lot of work to create themes and develop icons!
Old 09-15-2007, 01:58 PM   #49
biggem001

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT

well from what i can tell, the only reason why you created this theme was for urself. then u wanted to release it in hope to get money. in this case you didn't so your pullin it off. how stupid is that. ur not gonna get any more donations now, and people will find a way to share it, its the web, it always finds a way.

i used to develop and script hundreds of things. creating GUI and more GUI just for either the fun of it or for other people. i dont ask for money, its because its the right thing to do. if they decide to DONATE (which is what ur calling it..
Quote:
please consider donating a couple of bucks securely using Paypal from your PC. Thanks for your support!
YOU said to CONSIDER which i bet many people did. just 3 decided to actually DONATE. NOBODY has to donate to you.

Using ur method of thinking:
I can make a program that would let... lets say FLASH INTEGRATED into BB Browsers..
Then i realise nobody is giving me donations that i ask if you can donate, to do so, and instead of doing the GOOD or RIGHT thing, i take it off the market, and copyright it.

that right there, is the most stupid thing i've ever heard of, but it goes with ur thinking.
U do a service and ask if you CAN donate to donate. You dont get money so u take ur service back? how narcissistic are you!

Last edited by biggem001; 09-15-2007 at 02:36 PM..
Old 09-15-2007, 10:50 PM   #50
perpetualjon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well it looks like I managed to download it just in time! I've been using it for the past 24 hrs and I LOVE it so I donated some bones to 'ya. I'd say that you may want to wait more than just 3 days before pulling it down as some people (me included) like to use it for a little while before dropping some cash for something without finding out how well it works. Still, I can understand your dismay, I'm sure this was a TON of work.

For those of you that haven't seen this theme in action, I'd have to say it's the best one I've ever used! Great job. I hope you get some more donations before too long...
Old 09-16-2007, 12:24 AM   #51
Inphektion
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: (¯`·.¸at&t¸.·´¯)

and some people (like me) like to use it without any major problems (I consider the font problem a major one) before donating. I count for 2 of those downloads yet I'm back to using telefonica zen so you expect me to still donate?
When you release something you've done to a community, do it because you want to share your work not because you want to profit from it. Otherwise throw it on handango or something and charge a few bucks for it.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:56 AM   #52
Vagrant Pistol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Unhappy Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggem001 View Post
well from what i can tell, the only reason why you created this theme was for urself. then u wanted to release it in hope to get money. in this case you didn't so your pullin it off. how stupid is that. ur not gonna get any more donations now, and people will find a way to share it, its the web, it always finds a way.

i used to develop and script hundreds of things. creating GUI and more GUI just for either the fun of it or for other people. i dont ask for money, its because its the right thing to do. if they decide to DONATE (which is what ur calling it..

YOU said to CONSIDER which i bet many people did. just 3 decided to actually DONATE. NOBODY has to donate to you.

Using ur method of thinking:
I can make a program that would let... lets say FLASH INTEGRATED into BB Browsers..
Then i realize nobody is giving me donations that i ask if you can donate, to do so, and instead of doing the GOOD or RIGHT thing, i take it off the market, and copyright it.

that right there, is the most stupid thing I've ever heard of, but it goes with your thinking.
U do a service and ask if you CAN donate to donate. You don't get money so u take ur service back? how narcissistic are you!
Look I think you did an excellent job on the theme. I just think you went about it the wrong way. People requested you to put it up and you did after a few posts in the thread. I thought you did it 'cause you cared about the community and wanted to share it, but it seems like you were really out for the quick buck. Yes you did an amazing job(again) but you could have went about it in a different way; by telling everyone that you will be charging for the theme 'cause you put many hours into it and you will be providing updates throughout it's lifespan until 100% (You should know that if you put something up for free, people will become piranhas). To say "consider making a donation.." and turn around and say not enough considered so I'm taking it down, is wrong. I would have giving you $5 for it, but I don't have paypal. I'm not trying to sound like an A_HOLE, but I felt that you needed to hear some of my concerns as a BBF member who feels that this is a great community that likes to share all things BlackBerry with others. Maybe I'm alone but I believe there are some here that will agree with us. I hope you reconsider,as you wouldn't want to start a bad rep in the BBF.

Last edited by Vagrant Pistol; 09-16-2007 at 12:59 AM..
Old 09-16-2007, 03:53 AM   #53
Aldazar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: 1010

First of all, I think you did an excellent job on the theme, especially given that it's your first attempt.

However, like many others here, I'm not sure you have the right attitude towards what's happened recently. First of all, your theme, while beautiful, isn't in a polished state yet (eg. the font problem). As such, naming it 1.0 could be considered inaccurate and getting upset when people download it but do not donate is probably inappropriate.

I promised I'd donate a coupla bucks when I had a well executed copy of the theme running on my device, and if that ever happens, I will, but at this time, there's a little more work to be done before I'd consider it a polished, 1.0 release that one could justify charging for. Unfortunately, since you've removed access to the theme, I might not ever get my hands on the final, well executed copy.

I'd like to encourage you to continue working on the theme, and perhaps even work on more in the future, you obviously have a talent for it. At the same time, I suggest you look around on the forum and see how much time and effort others put into projects of their own which they provide at no cost to the community. This forum really isn't a place for members to make money off of one another, it's more a place for users to share their experience, knowledge and skills with each other.

Once again, great work on the theme, but there are probably better ways to go about monetizing your work if that's really your primary goal.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:41 AM   #54
biggem001

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Pistol View Post
Look I think you did an excellent job on the theme. I just think you went about it the wrong way. People requested you to put it up and you did after a few posts in the thread. I thought you did it 'cause you cared about the community and wanted to share it, but it seems like you were really out for the quick buck. Yes you did an amazing job(again) but you could have went about it in a different way; by telling everyone that you will be charging for the theme 'cause you put many hours into it and you will be providing updates throughout it's lifespan until 100% (You should know that if you put something up for free, people will become piranhas). To say "consider making a donation.." and turn around and say not enough considered so I'm taking it down, is wrong. I would have giving you $5 for it, but I don't have paypal. I'm not trying to sound like an A_HOLE, but I felt that you needed to hear some of my concerns as a BBF member who feels that this is a great community that likes to share all things BlackBerry with others. Maybe I'm alone but I believe there are some here that will agree with us. I hope you reconsider,as you wouldn't want to start a bad rep in the BBF.
u quoted the wrong guy, im not the creator. lol im just saying how rediculous it was for him to pull the theme off cause he wanted profit.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:50 AM   #55
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxlarrea View Post
Sorry, this theme is no longer public. In 2 days, it was downloaded 2726 times and i only received 3 donations for a total of $15, which i truly think is unfair.

Thanks to Bryan, Day and Eileen for your support, i'll keep you posted with any future private updates made to this theme.
I can't think of a single person who would really expect to make money on something as simple as a theme.... But to each their own...

There are plenty of people here who make applications and hand them out for free... I am sure Beyond411 and bbweather have a few hundred thousand downloads....

Jusy my .02 of non-theme-dontated opinion....

Kris

Last edited by LunkHead; 09-16-2007 at 11:55 AM..
Old 09-16-2007, 02:54 PM   #56
Spike41615
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: 241BD9F4
Carrier: tmo

thats the most rediculous excuse i have ever heard. A DONATION is a VOLUNTARY giving of money. If you wanted to make money from it you should have corrected all of the bugs first, and then make a post stating you would charge for every dl. But removing a theme becasue you didnt get enough donations is just plain stupid. keep your themes to yourself buddy. THeres plenty of other people who dont mind sharing their themes on this forum.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:59 PM   #57
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon
Thumbs down

Sounds like someone looked at the download counter and got $$ signs in his eyes.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:10 PM   #58
fmp
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxlarrea View Post
UPDATE: (9/15/07) Sorry, this theme is no longer public. In 2 days, it was downloaded 2726 times and i only received 3 donations for a total of $15, which i truly think is unfair.

Enjoy the theme.
Ok I have to say something. This is one of the most childish posts I have ever seen. jxlarrea , you offer a free theme and then tell people that donations are optional but then are surprised (even insulted) when only a few people donate.

Seriously, man, did you build the theme to pay your mortgage or because you wanted a cool theme? If you were looking for money then you should have charged everyone a dollar to download. You didn’t do that so live with it.

What ever will the Blackberry community do without your precious theme?!? You showed everyone!

Dude, take your ball and go home!

BTW – I never downloaded your theme.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:14 PM   #59
Vagrant Pistol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggem001 View Post
u quoted the wrong guy, im not the creator. lol im just saying how rediculous it was for him to pull the theme off cause he wanted profit.
What I meant by quoting you was that I felt the same way.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:33 PM   #60
melodic
Thumbs Must Hurt

someone who downloaded the theme already can just post it? :p
Closed Thread