Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 02:49 AM   #1
bigwallclimber

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Blackberry Desktop Manager

Please Login to Remove!

I have listed this problem on an Australian Blackberry site below is what I posted there and the results of what I have done and if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

This is my problem upgraded to Desktop Manager 4.5

I spoke too soon with the new Desktop Manager, I have the Media Manager up and running now but cannot sync between Microsoft Office Outlook with Business Contact Manager and the BB. I am using BIS.

I go through the setup procedure to identify the Address's, Tasks, Calenders and memos (it wont let me use advanced).

I have identified the profile to use which is outlook, go through everything and press the finish button then it comes up with that message.

I have attached a screen shot of the message that comes up. Any help that you could give me is appreciated.

Solution that was given to me:

The error occurred after upgrading from BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2.2 to version 4.3. The upgrade failed to remove the Connectors folder in C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Connectors. As a result, the old Microsoft Outlook desktop applications are registered with BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.3.

If the Connectors folder is still present in C\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Connectors\MS Outlook Connector, follow these steps:

Unregister the old Microsoft Outlook connector ilxolkCompanion.fil.
Open the command prompt.
Navigate to C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Connectors\MS Outlook Connector.
Type in the command regsvr32 -u ilxolkCompanion.fil.
In Desktop Manager, Microsoft Outlook will no longer be listed as an available desktop application.
Register the most current Microsoft Outlook connector.
Navigate to C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\MS Outlook Connector.
Type in the command regsvr32 msoutlookconnector.fil.
In Desktop Manager, Microsoft Outlook will now be registered as an available desktop application.
Once these steps have been completed, configure synchronization again.

After I tried what is listed above:

I have tried what you said in your last post, firstly it was awesome to see such a quick response from my post this is awesome.

Secondly everything went smoothly until the second step and it came up with the following error when I tried to register the second part. this did not work Type in the command regsvr32 msoutlookconnector.fil. it came up with the attached error ? any ideas ?

Some more information, I have tried restarting the computer after completing step one and then tried step two no joy, I then took ownership of the file and tried again and no joy again. I have also restarted after taking ownership of the file and still step two does not work.

Thank You once again for your speedy reply.

Attachement one is the initial error and attachement two is the error once I tried to register the the second step.

Hope someone can help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Outlook Problem.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	12187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Outlook Problem 2.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	12188  

Last edited by bigwallclimber; 07-12-2008 at 02:54 AM..
Old 07-12-2008, 10:17 AM   #2
bigwallclimber

Model: 8310
Carrier: Vodafone

Ok so I figured this out but not what you would call a conventional way. I uninstalld the whole program, restarted the computer, then reinstalled the program, as it reached the installation of Roxia Media Manager I stopped it. This caused it only to install the Desktop Software and NO Media Manager.

I then restarted and connected the device and attempted to sync with my BB, that worked.

I then uninstalled the software AGAIN, restarted and let the software install completely including Media Manager.

Now I am able to sync and transfer media to my BB no problem, why it worked I have NO idea at all but I can now transfer media to my BB and update my BB.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:12 PM   #3
LadyWiz

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT

everytime I try to sync it say it need to connect to the internet. However i have a constant connection. any ideas on why it's doing this?
Closed Thread