BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 12:59 AM   #1
DoubleJ2k10

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: fido
Exclamation my bold 9000 is dead, has a red flashing light & undetected by computer!

Please Login to Remove!

okay, for all you BB experts out there here's something that will be challenging.

SITUATION: my bold 9000 has a red light flashing twice periodically. it flashes when the battery is in or charging, or connected via USB. Windows Vista detects the phone, but Desktop Man., Apploader, MFI multiloader, JL Cmder, and BBSAK 1.7 DONT!. Apploader will recognize the device, but says "USB PIN: UNKNOWN", and when im about to load an OS to the phone, gives me error "The system software is not designed for the connected device A:0x00000043". Any suggestions?

i've tried almost anything possible, even the 30 Sec. powercharger trick, and command prompt poceedure with apploader.

Your help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
Matrix Leader
No longer Registered.

Model: 9780
Carrier: DU
Default Re: my bold 9000 is dead, has a red flashing light & undetected by computer!

1) Download BBSAK 1.9

2) Run BBSAK then click on WIPE DEVICE, when asked to enter a password, leave it blank incase you don't have a password on your device.

3) Wait for a few seconds till you get the confirmation that it was done.

4) Now your device has no operating system and you should see a white screen on the BB

5) Download OS 5.0.0.900
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...9E8244D0B83F3D

6) Install the *.exe file you just downloaded.

7) Navigate to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

8) Delete the file named vendor.xml

9) Connect your BlackBerry through the USB port

10) Run loader.exe

11) Follow the on-screen instructions and enjoy. (Incase you were given 2 choices whether to leave the applications intact or to downgrade them to the original versions, choose the 2nd option which is to downgrade them, this will ensure you have a completely fresh installation)
Old 12-14-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: my bold 9000 is dead, has a red flashing light & undetected by computer!

This could be a dead/bad battery problem and not an OS issue. If it is a bad battery, then the OS "fix" might do more harm than good.

Before you try reloading the OS, Try to get an OEM BB 9000 battery and see if that will fix the problem. I had a similar problem with my 9000 and the new battery took care of it.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 12-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
VictoriaA

PIN: 20D0203C
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
This could be a dead/bad battery problem and not an OS issue. If it is a bad battery, then the OS "fix" might do more harm than good.

Before you try reloading the OS, Try to get an OEM BB 9000 battery and see if that will fix the problem. I had a similar problem with my 9000 and the new battery took care of it.
I had this problem and it was a battery issue. The battery just went with no warning, but luckily I had a spare. Try a new battery first.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:36 AM   #5
DoubleJ2k10

thanks guys, i'll give it a try and i'll keep u posted on the results..

Also, its not a battery issue, cuz i have tried another battery and no luck..it just keeps blinking at me.lol
Old 12-17-2010, 06:39 PM   #6
DoubleJ2k10

hey guys im back, and matrix i have some bad news...the procedure you posted still didnt help...but i do appreciate sharing your knowledge with me, buddy

BBSAK does not connect to my bold, it doesnt even connect to my other live working device. and other suggestions?
Old 12-17-2010, 06:48 PM   #7
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleJ2k10 View Post

Also, its not a battery issue, cuz i have tried another battery and no luck..it just keeps blinking at me.lol
Was it a new BB 9000 OEM Battery that you put in and was it charged?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 02-26-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
geek

Carrier: CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleJ2k10 View Post

I hope i can help some of you out here who are experiencing right now with flashing red light and black screen. i just recently solved this problem today as i also experienced this red blinking LEDs and no display at all after i connected it to Desktop Manager doing the update. so here are the steps i did.

1. Try to pull out the battery and insert it again
2. If nothing happens, just leave the battery inserted with the red light blinking then press simultaneously on your key pad the ALT, SHIFT/aA button and DEL
3. If nothing happens again, then try to press again ALT, SHIFT/aA button and DEL twice in simultaneous motion (this is the HARD RESET for BB phone)
4. Pull out the battery after doing the reset
5. Connect your phone (without the battery) to your pc with the usb cable, wait until the red light appears again and for your pc to detect it.
6. Open your Desktop Manager, it will pop up an error message just press ok or retry.
7. Your device manager must detect your phone with a label of USB: Blackberry-0 (it will not show your phone's model for the mean time coz you did a hard reset)
8. On your Desktop Manager, you must see Device Connected (PIN): Blackberry-0, then go to Application Loader then Update Software.
9. During the Initialization of JV, you will be prompted to connect your device/phone although it is already connected, DO NOT REMOVE THE USB CABLE, just insert the battery then press retry.
10. Then you're done! it must continue load the necessary OS and files then wait for atleast 30 mins to finish the restore. you must see a loading bar with blackberry logo in your device after you inserted the battery and press the retry.

I hope this will help you guys. This is just my own method and i didnt even search the net for help.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:15 AM   #9
hanaclaire

Model: B9000
Carrier: globe telecom

i have the same problem. any suggestions?
Old 03-26-2011, 04:36 AM   #10
motakirukushi

Model: 9700
Carrier: tmobile

hello geek, i have tried to follow ur instructions, #2 stopped the blinking then i #4 but my DM wont read my BB.. how can i go through with this..dm just doesnt read it, it says unknown device, even if i keep clicking the retry button... :(
Closed Thread