Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

its not there
Old 05-17-2006, 12:31 AM   #62
tfolks206
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

ok i got in on now, so i have it running and it says status: verifying forwarding address....how long will this take because it says disabled right now? and just to make sure this will work with hotmail through outlook right?
Old 05-23-2006, 10:27 PM   #63
jhodor

Model: Curve
Carrier: tmobile

Sorry if this is remedial at all. I have an 8700g.

I check 3 email accounts with it. on my past units I simply did a copy forward to my @tmo.blackberry.net address. I am getting tired of when I hit reply all my blackberry address is stuck in the reply all so I get doubles back as people respond. Also it would be nice to drop the "@bb address"

From what I've read the only way to do it is to configure pop email. So I went ahead and did all that and ended up with 3 mail icons for each pop mail plus something that looks like a master one that gets them all? Do I simply hide the icons I don't want to see and just use the master one and it will automatically insert the correct from address?
If this is the only way to get a "from" a given address by using pop mail config then how do you get your emails quicker than 15minutes? or are you stuck with that.
Also if you compose and start a new message and want to select one of the accounts do you have to use that mail icon or can you choose on the fly while composing it in what seems to be the icon that has all of them collecting in it?

are you following.....
Old 08-05-2006, 02:45 PM   #64
daesdaemar
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7130c
Carrier: Cingular

Is it possible to configure multiple emails with the BB, but only have it check one or two of the the email accounts, and change which ones it checks as needed?? Sorry if answered before, but I'm totally new to BBs...
Old 08-16-2006, 02:31 PM   #65
bigpal

Model: 8300c
Carrier: ATT
Default Simultaneous use of BES and Redirector

So, by reading at the start of this topic, I know it can be done.

Here is my scenario:
I am currently using the redirector for my exchange mail, and using the desktop manager to sync my calendar and contacts. I soon plan to connect my BB to the company's BES Domino server, so that I can get my Notes email and calendar, etc.

Here is my question:
Will the desktop manager (sync'ing calendar, etc) play nice with the Domino BES server? Can I have two sources updating my BB calendar?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:24 PM   #66
kizzinator

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

First I can't find for the life of me how to post a new message on here to even ASK my question!!

I have a problem with my email! Or is this normal? I have the BB 8700g and I want to know why every time I recieve an email on one of my email accounts, it feels the need to post it there AND in my message account. Like any email I get goes to the correct box AND the message box with my text messages. Is this neccesary? How can I JUST have my text messages go to the message box and NOT emails? PLEASE HELP!!
Old 09-06-2006, 06:41 AM   #67
helterskeletor

Model: 7290
Default 7290 showing pop address as imap.

This isn't a unit-specific problem, but when I check the email config app (which just goes to the bis site), and then check the account details for my work email, it gives a pop server name (because that's what my work uses) but then lists the email type as imap. The port is still configured to 143. It is weird. When it auto-setup, it pointed to an imap server but I manually changed it because it stopped working. This whole thing is very strange to me. I don't understand why I can't manually configure the entire mailbox.

I hear there is some trick to fix it, but do not know what it is.

Last edited by helterskeletor; 09-06-2006 at 06:43 AM..
Old 09-07-2006, 06:55 PM   #68
clonenum3

Model: 7100G

*I'm confused, please help*

I'm attempting to setup a BES 4.1.1 server for my girlfriend's father. I have installed Windows SBS 2003, SQL 2005 Express, and BES 4.1.1 on a server. I have already setup all his employees and his own desktops at the office to connect to exchange and all that is working. I have also linked his BES account to his Exchange account. Blackberry Manager has his name, his cell PIN, and a status of "Initializing".

What do I do now? He currently has his Cingular Blackberry 7100G with him in Germany with the server in NY. Can I set this up remotely or do I have to wait for his return. I'm just not sure how to actually get the Cingular BB phone and the server to start talking.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:59 AM   #69
rpfeffer
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint BES

is there a way to just send email over to the device by syncing with USB? I have a user that doesn't want to pay for the data plan and just basically use the device as a palm, plugging it in and syncing now and then. I know it sounds pointless, but it would be nice to get working.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:56 AM   #70
jp1979
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: tmobile

several people have asked this but i can't find any answers... i have a personal email account set up useing the "pull" method and i have my work email forwarded to my BB address. when i reply to messages i want my address to change depending on which account the original was sent from. when i change the "reply to" address it applys to all of the mail that i send regardless of who i am replying to. any ideas?
Old 10-04-2006, 12:10 PM   #71
readyfred3

Model: 7230
Default Mail synchronization question

No doubt, this is a fairly simple issue, but I'd appreciate any suggestions.

I have a few BB users who have stated that synchronization is no longer functioning properly. When a message is deleted on their device, it continues to show up in Outlook. Each user states that up until a few weeks ago, if they deleted a message from the BB, it would dissappear from Outlook.

The issue isn't device specific (1-7230, 1-7290, 1-8700)
Each device running v4.0
Server running BES 4.0

any suggestions?
Old 10-09-2006, 12:02 PM   #72
phjnky
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

Here's what I've figured out in terms of obtaining just the email I want on my Pearl 8100. Ok I have Tmobile with BIS and a few email accounts. I foward all of my POP3 accounts to a premium Yahoo email account. I have spam guard turned on but some spam will slip through to the inbox.

I just want to receive email on my BB from people in my outlook contact list and i don't see anyway to do this on the BB or with Yahoo so I have to use Outlook. I created a rule that fowards the emails to my BB if the sender is in my contacts. If I need to reply to the email, I have to go to Yahoo email on the BB browser.

If there is a better way to exclude all emails from reaching my BB if the sender is not in my contacts, please let me know... thanks in advance. I've searched and searched but don't see this answered.

Last edited by phjnky; 10-09-2006 at 12:09 PM..
Old 10-14-2006, 12:16 PM   #73
songeb

Model: 8707v
Carrier: starhub
Default Downloading email from Outlook to my blackberry during wired sync

Hi,

I'm newbies here. I just bought BB 7100g without BES or anything like that so I just bought the device.

My requirement is simple, I don't need to use the push mail or real-time (online) sync. I just want to download my email from Outlook to my BB during wired sync by pluging the cable between my BB to my laptop where the outlook email is running.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
songeb
Closed Thread