Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
zetroc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Default Quick Pull Issues

Please Login to Remove!

I just got my Tour, and have been reading around that it would be good to get QP. I understand why a battery pull is necessary, but is Quick Pull a safe alternative?

Furthermore, I set it to reset at 3AM (I should be asleep by then) it didn't work because my phone automatically locks. I've set my phone to not lock, so that quick pull can operate fine.

This morning I ran QP (since it didn't last night), after I confirmed that's what I wanted it started the process, but then it said "The device is required to reset to complete module installation or removal. Device inoperable for voice, data, 911 while rebooting. Notice 1 of 5." And then it gives me the option of "Reboot Now" or "Reboot Later". Is this normal? It's happened both times I ran QP. Both times I selected reboot now.

I don't like the fact that I have to confirm the reboot. I thought the whole point of scheduling QP was so that it happened when I wasn't using the device, and without me noticing for all intents and purposes.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
zetroc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon

I have v1.2 I can't seem to find v2...
Old 07-15-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
Donbp
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quickpull will probably stop working all together after using it once or twice with some javascript error if it works like it does on other BBs anyway.

Last edited by Donbp; 07-15-2009 at 05:30 PM..
Old 07-15-2009, 07:46 PM   #4
sc6804

Carrier: 9630 on VZW, + 8800 on TMO

QP never seemed to work in auto mode (I had it set to "QP" at 5am, and never actually was awake to see if it did the job). Thankfully, this has a physical keyboard, and pressing alt + right-shift + del can to reset the blackberry.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:27 PM   #5
cruwl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Sprint

The device is required to reset to complete module installation or removal. Device inoperable for voice, data, 911 while rebooting. Notice 1 of 5."

is a normal screen, instead of just clicking reboot now, just sit there, it should auto click it for you, atleast it does on my pearl, havnt ordered my tour yet so dont know there.
Closed Thread