Armaanberry

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone India
Smile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjj View Post
I was trying to update one of my units and in the middle of updating applications, (Connecting for the first time), it decided to shut off. Now it doesn't matter if I switch the battery or SIM card, the thing still doesn't power on. All that happens is that once the battery is placed back inside the device it starts blinking red. It blinks twice, pause, two blinks, pause, etc. Any solutions. I can't power it up to reload the OS or anything. Thanks
Hey there, I had the same problem on my Bold 9700 when i was updating my software the progress was going very slowly therefore I pulled the USB out and this problem of Double light blinking occurred and the phone wasn't coming on.
But here are the steps to cure this problem:

1) do a battery pull

2) connect the BB to the computer via Desktop software( Red light still blinks, this may take time for the phone to connect even up-to 20 minutes, therefore be patient)

3) Once it detects, it will ask you for your security pin if you have one. therefore enter it

4) it will then give you an option of updating the software, chose what version you want

5) after updating, it will ask you to restore your backup to get all your data back.

6) Voila your phone is Fixed!!

cheers!

Armaan
Old 05-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #42
yossi86

Model: 9530
Carrier: Rogers
Default Thanks!

First link on google, and worked perfectly.. I really freaked out for a second there..

BTW, i registered on this site just to say THANK YOU!!! to the op.. You are god!!
Old 05-15-2010, 10:15 PM   #43
andrewnriley

Model: 8320
Carrier: att

Hello all, I just bought a curve 8320. I installed BB DM, phone turned into a brick(wouldn't turn on, blinking red light of doom), i spent about an hour screaming, followed countless instructions on how to "wipe" the phone, nothing worked. Tried the app loader on a windows 7 64bit system, no connection type. The only way i got it to work, was by disconnecting the phone, take out the battery and reconnect with not battery installed...I got the typical "usb device not recognized...bla bla" BUT then usb BB:pin unkown popped up, selected that and now its "reseting" my phone as i type this. I hope this helps someone, and hopefully i didn't miss a post similar to this. Good luck.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #44
endzo

Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodacom SA
Default PC wont recognize 8100 with flashing led

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelesschild View Post
OK, I tried this but the computer says it does not recognize the hardware in the USB port (the blackberry). What am I doing wrong?
Same here & I have searched this forum for related issues & checked out the BBFAQ but to no joy

No Computer recognises My 8100 with or without the battery fitted,
- The phone wont switch on.
- The phone's LED constantly flashes 3 times pauses the flashes 2 (11101100)
- I have tried 3 different USB cables on different 3 Pc's.
- I dont use USB hubs & have tried different USB ports.
- DL & Installed BB USB Drivers, DTM & my carrier's device software on all PC's
- DTM 4.X & 5.X, loader.exe & JL_Cmder dont pick up the device
- All the above works on my cousins 8100.

Isn't there anything else i can attempt before contacting a repair center?? because the device over 2yrs & is out of warantee besides all this testing is a learning curve for me.

Thank you in advance
Old 06-09-2010, 12:30 PM   #45
b52junebug
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Many
Carrier: Corp demo abuser..

check device manager on your computer to verify that it hasnt registered as an unknown device. The other thing you can try to do is to have the apploader running, delete one of the USB connections, plug your phone in without the battery, then run the detection. I have had problems with this issue on a computer that only had a USB 1.0 slot.

In apploader you want to be on the screen where it shows the pin, the minute it says pin:Unknown, pop the battery in and hit next. That should get it past the screen. The only other thing is.. Your USB port on your device is dead. Then none of this will work.

Good luck. Its frustrating..
Old 07-10-2010, 10:54 PM   #46
VentureForth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default similar issue but totally different

My 8820 fell - hard. Won't power up at all. Replaced LCD in case that was the prob, but no. When I pop the battery, steady red light. When I plug into the wall, blinking green light and turns steady. Press the power button and all goes off.

YET, when I plug it into my PC, the computer acts like there is nothing wrong with it. Therefore, the mainboard is OK, but I don't know what else to do to try to ressurect this guy.

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2010, 03:17 AM   #47
dave2410

Model: 8820
PIN: 2528f8d5
Carrier: orange uk

If you leave your phone on chrger for a couple of days it will come back on
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 08-07-2010, 08:55 AM   #48
steeevo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: 02

ok my problem, went to update 8700 with os4.5 stopped half way as it said the application loader was unable to connect to your device so unplugged it and then the red light just flashed now it does that everytime, what to do?
Old 08-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #49
roysters

Model: 8100
Carrier: orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by x14 View Post
Try this this.

1. Unplug BB from PC.
2. Launch the Application Loader like you were going to install something.
3. While the app loader is attempting to connect to the BB, plug the USB cable into the BB.
thanks a million it still solves the problem but does this mean it will happen again?
Old 08-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #50
crosswmichael2090

Model: 9530
Carrier: verizon
Default Need help

i have a Blackberry storm 9530. it will not turn on and the red led comes on in about 15 second intervals. when it goes off the menu and call buttons light up for about 3 to 5 seconds then the red light comes back on. What do i need to do?
Old 08-12-2010, 08:09 PM   #51
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

snogsnog, what version of the OS did you attempt to load?
The highest version is at the top of this section. ( 4.5 )
If it was then search for JL_cmdr and follow the instructions to reload the OS.
It takes a while so dont get impatient.
Closed Thread