Old 05-19-2007, 09:10 AM   #1
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Default Roxio is out for the 8100,8800 and 8300

Please Login to Remove!

Free with DM 4.2 sp 2, it will convert videos on the fly for you. It supports playlists on the Curve (don't think it will on the others but have not tried it). Get it here BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software | Applications to Synchronize Your BlackBerry and Desktop Data
Go to the bottom of the page and click on the download link.

Best I can tell it only supports .mov, .avi and and .wma media files, so conversion still needs to be done of You Tube videos.

Roxio uses My Media accross their product line which is described below. They BB specific actions are then described followed by how media is transferred to the device. Note that I doubt playlists are supported on the 8800 but I have not tried it yet.

Working with My Media

The My Media view shows your Smart Views and albums.
Smart Views are media file groupings automatically created and maintained by Media Manager, based on common characteristics such as media type, date, or keyword. You can also create Smart Views from your search queries, or from existing Smart Views.
Albums are media file groupings that you create and manage yourself. You can use albums to group media files from vacations, events, or special occasions. If youxxx8217;ve already organized your photos and videos into folders, Media Manager automatically creates an album for each folder. When you add a photo or video to one of these folders, Media Manager automatically adds it to your album.
A single media file can be included in multiple Smart Views and albums. Moving media files from one album or Smart View to another does not affect the filesxxx8217; physical location on the disk. When you remove media files from Smart Views or albums, the media files are not physically deleted from your disk.
You can remove a media file from a Smart View, which removes the file from all other Smart Views to which it belongs. (The files are not removed from the Windows file system.)
You can also rename files within a Smart View, which renames the file in all other views to which it belongs, as well as in the Windows file system.
You cannot delete, rename, or move Smart Views.

Media Manager for BlackBerry

This version of Media Manager is specially designed to be used with your BlackBerry device. It differs from the standard version of Media Manager in the following ways: [LIST][*]It includes a BlackBerry view in both Media Manager and Media Selector, which you can use to browse media files on your BlackBerry device. (This view may be referred to as the My Devices view in this guide.)[*]It contains a BlackBerry Options tab. (This tab may be referred to as the Cell Phone Options tab in this guide.)
Tip: For more information about the fields on this tab, choose Tools > Options, click BlackBerry and then click Help.[*]The procedures for transferring files to and from your BlackBerry have been enhanced
Transferring files from your computer to your BlackBerry[*]Media Manager always opens in Split view, so you donxxx8217;t need to click the Split View button when instructed to do so in the procedures in this guide.[*]Media Manager allows you to quickly and easily create and manage playlists
Transferring files from your computer to your BlackBerry

You can copy media files, including playlists, from your computer to your BlackBerry.
Note: When you copy playlists, all associated audio files are also copied.

To copy files from your computer to your BlackBerry:
  1. In the top part of the window, browse to and select the media files you want to transfer to your BlackBerry.
    Tip: To select more than one file at a time, press and hold Ctrl while you select the files.
  2. In the bottom part of the window, click BlackBerry to show the BlackBerry view and browse to the folder where you want to save the files.
  3. Click Copy Down.
    The Copy Files dialog box appears.
  4. Use one of these methods to copy the files:
    • To automatically convert the files to the optimal format and size for your BlackBerry, select Convert for optimal playback, and click OK.
    • To copy the files with the existing format and size, select Copy with no conversion, and click OK.
    • To select a destination format and size, select Advanced conversion options, and click OK. Change the options as desired, and click OK.
      Tip: For more information about the Advanced options, choose Tools > Options, click BlackBerry and then click Help.

Last edited by Stinsonddog; 05-19-2007 at 09:21 AM..
Old 05-19-2007, 09:21 AM   #2
noeffectx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: 123456
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog View Post
Free with DM 4.2 sp 2, it will convert videos on the fly for you. It supports playlists on the Curve (don't think it will on the others but have not tried it).

Roxio uses My Media accross their product line which is described below. They BB specific actions are then described followed by how media is transferred to the device. Note that I doubt playlists are supported on the 8800 but I have not tried it yet.

Working with My Media

The My Media view shows your Smart Views and albums.
Smart Views are media file groupings automatically created and maintained by Media Manager, based on common characteristics such as media type, date, or keyword. You can also create Smart Views from your search queries, or from existing Smart Views.
Albums are media file groupings that you create and manage yourself. You can use albums to group media files from vacations, events, or special occasions. If you’ve already organized your photos and videos into folders, Media Manager automatically creates an album for each folder. When you add a photo or video to one of these folders, Media Manager automatically adds it to your album.
A single media file can be included in multiple Smart Views and albums. Moving media files from one album or Smart View to another does not affect the files’ physical location on the disk. When you remove media files from Smart Views or albums, the media files are not physically deleted from your disk.
You can remove a media file from a Smart View, which removes the file from all other Smart Views to which it belongs. (The files are not removed from the Windows file system.)
You can also rename files within a Smart View, which renames the file in all other views to which it belongs, as well as in the Windows file system.
You cannot delete, rename, or move Smart Views.

Media Manager for BlackBerry

This version of Media Manager is specially designed to be used with your BlackBerry device. It differs from the standard version of Media Manager in the following ways: [LIST][*]It includes a BlackBerry view in both Media Manager and Media Selector, which you can use to browse media files on your BlackBerry device. (This view may be referred to as the My Devices view in this guide.)[*]It contains a BlackBerry Options tab. (This tab may be referred to as the Cell Phone Options tab in this guide.)
Tip: For more information about the fields on this tab, choose Tools > Options, click BlackBerry and then click Help.[*]The procedures for transferring files to and from your BlackBerry have been enhanced
Transferring files from your computer to your BlackBerry[*]Media Manager always opens in Split view, so you don’t need to click the Split View button when instructed to do so in the procedures in this guide.[*]Media Manager allows you to quickly and easily create and manage playlists
Transferring files from your computer to your BlackBerry

You can copy media files, including playlists, from your computer to your BlackBerry.
Note: When you copy playlists, all associated audio files are also copied.

To copy files from your computer to your BlackBerry:
  1. In the top part of the window, browse to and select the media files you want to transfer to your BlackBerry.
    Tip: To select more than one file at a time, press and hold Ctrl while you select the files.
  2. In the bottom part of the window, click BlackBerry to show the BlackBerry view and browse to the folder where you want to save the files.
  3. Click Copy Down.
    The Copy Files dialog box appears.
  4. Use one of these methods to copy the files:
    • To automatically convert the files to the optimal format and size for your BlackBerry, select Convert for optimal playback, and click OK.
    • To copy the files with the existing format and size, select Copy with no conversion, and click OK.
    • To select a destination format and size, select Advanced conversion options, and click OK. Change the options as desired, and click OK.
      Tip: For more information about the Advanced options, choose Tools > Options, click BlackBerry and then click Help.
Thank you

Great find

http://www.flickr.com/groups/blackberry/

Last edited by noeffectx; 05-19-2007 at 09:27 AM..
Old 05-20-2007, 07:49 PM   #3
LaTuFu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: 23FA4D95
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T

P.S. its a big download.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:46 PM   #4
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

If you have a 6mp camera and you want to drop a shot to 320x240 you are taking 90% of the pixels away. I compared one in PS to one done by Roxio. Didn't really like the Roxio one that much but it passes on the BB. PS is better but Roxio will do.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:03 AM   #5
Maverickster
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Now for the important question....most TiVo users know that Sonic/Roxio software will "unwrap" the ".tivo" TiVoToGo programming to permit it to be used in plain old mpg....Will Sonic/Roxio Media Manager for BlackBerry cut out ALL of the conversion steps for us? That is, if I download a Program from my TiVo, and then try to copy that Program to my 8800, will Media Manager BOTH convert out of the .tivo "format" to the .mp4 format AND resize/optimize for my 8800 all at once?!

That would be awesome.

--Mav
Old 05-21-2007, 10:28 AM   #6
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickster View Post
Now for the important question....most TiVo users know that Sonic/Roxio software will "unwrap" the ".tivo" TiVoToGo programming to permit it to be used in plain old mpg....Will Sonic/Roxio Media Manager for BlackBerry cut out ALL of the conversion steps for us? That is, if I download a Program from my TiVo, and then try to copy that Program to my 8800, will Media Manager BOTH convert out of the .tivo "format" to the .mp4 format AND resize/optimize for my 8800 all at once?!

That would be awesome.

--Mav
All you can do is try. I am betting that it does.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:53 PM   #7
ryaninc
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-Mobile

So it might just be me, but I can't seem to find a way to copy files to and from a memory card with this new media manager. It looks really sweet, but if it can't do that, then it's useless to me. I have a 1gig card in my Pearl and that's where all my videos live. How can I use this to copy videos, etc. to the card?
Old 05-22-2007, 03:05 PM   #8
chillspace
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800R
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryaninc View Post
So it might just be me, but I can't seem to find a way to copy files to and from a memory card with this new media manager. It looks really sweet, but if it can't do that, then it's useless to me. I have a 1gig card in my Pearl and that's where all my videos live. How can I use this to copy videos, etc. to the card?
Copy up.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #9
chubby_nubby
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Anyone know how to make a play list in the new Roxio Media Manager? It keeps reverting back to alphabetical order on me.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:32 AM   #10
stinkyfeet

Model: 8310
PIN: 24273b23....which blackberry will i have next???
Carrier: ATT Mobility

has anyone noticed any issues with bb desktop manager with media manager (roxio) and roxio easy media creator 9. i had media creator 9 installed on my computer and when i go to install the new desktop software it asks me to uninstall the previous verison on roxio but i have the most recent one. once i install BB roxio and uninstall what it asks me of i can't burn dvds, cds etc. im just left with only BB abilities. or if i have bb roxio installed and install media creator 9 it still doesn't merge both applications. does anyone know if i can use roxio with a older verision of bb desktop messenger to move my files over???

i really don't want to switch to NERO or any other burning program cause i finally learned how to use Roxio. i asked my BB rep but they never heard of this problem. tried calling roxio but im at work so i have to keep hanging up before i get connected.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:12 PM   #11
shiner_baer

Angry Install Conflict between Roxio EC9 and Blackberry Media Manager

I have had the same problem ... installing Blackberry Desktop Manager forces uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 Suite and vice versa. This is a MAJOR boo-boo by Roxio (and RIM, I guess).

Have been searching for a fix / patch / work-around, but finding nothing.

Any help will be appreciated as I already use EMC9 and want to manage my Blackberry media files without getting my PC screwed up ... which it is now.

HELP!?
Old 08-25-2007, 03:57 AM   #12
Lowrider
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: CBW

Don't Put This Junk On Your Computer, It Will Mess It Up. Ask Around. And You'll Have Trouble Uninstalling.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:05 PM   #13
smada07

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

i just got the 8830 blackberry. I downloaded the desktop manager to try to put music and video on my blackberry. I read that after you go into BB desktop manager you click on media manager to do that stuff but media manager is not on my desktop manager. Did i forget to download something or what?????
Old 08-25-2007, 10:19 PM   #14
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Make sure you are using the latest software. If you downloaded the DM that was on the disk, click on the link below and find the latest upgrade that is provided by your carrier.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-...ry-device.html
Old 09-08-2007, 10:53 AM   #15
johnnygoodface

Model: 8830
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Unhappy Rixio won't install

Weird thing that "Roxio manager"!!!

I've installed the latest Desktop Manager (4.2 SP2) on my personnal computer and it did install Roxio correctly... used it and all...

But now trying to install the same DM on my company machine - logged in as the admin of the machine (I'm an IT Admin) - and Roxio just WONT get installed.. And NO error message during the install process, nor showing the "Installing Roxio" window as it did on my other computer.. just wont bardge!

Anyone???

Thx
Old 10-24-2007, 08:02 AM   #16
putter1210

Model: 8300
Default Problem with Roxio Installing

Quote:
Originally Posted by noeffectx View Post
Thank you

Great find
When I installed the lastest OS the Roxio Media will not open. Is there something that is causing this to not respond when opening the Media Manager from the Desktop Manager?
Old 10-24-2007, 02:30 PM   #17
nunzi0044

Model: 9810
Carrier: TMobile Unlocked

I finally got it to download (New Roxio, dam big file ) and now i can't back up my phone. Does any one know a fix? It says that device is unrecognized after a few seconds into reading the device.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:57 PM   #18
stinkyfeet

Model: 8310
PIN: 24273b23....which blackberry will i have next???
Carrier: ATT Mobility
Default i think i found a solution :(

well i kept trying and trying but nothing worked. so i decided to stick to the original 8800 desktop manager and leave my verison of Roxio installed. the media manager still works fine but i dont' believe it will auto convert my files to fix nicely on my device. the media manager will still let me move my files around so the i can transfer stuff back and fourth. roxio does have a option to convert files to the correct media format which i haven't fully tried. i stop trying to put videos and stuff on my phone but i just got my new blackberry and im itching to try it out.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:42 PM   #19
sambarows

Model: 8300
Carrier: att

Ok I am having the BIGGEST PROBLEM, i have the curve 8300 and installed the software and all, but when i try to even open media manager it wont let me it said something about a format loader: and it cannot be loaded two of those and then a runtime error thats R6025 pure virtual call? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP MUSIC IS MY LIFE AND I NEED IT ON THIS PHONE
Old 11-13-2007, 12:00 AM   #20
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

For one, DON'T use the Media Manager.

Enable Mass Storage on your SD memory card, and just simply drag and drop your music files from the PC to the BB media card.
How do I add media files to my microSD card? - BlackBerryFAQ

Good luck.
Closed Thread