Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
mkholosy

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Unhappy Blackberry storm2 9550 crash during calls

Please Login to Remove!

I have bought Blackberry 9550 storm2 from Verizon wireless and unlocked it to use it on Vodafone network and installed OS version 320 (downloaded from Verizon Wireless website),

the phone crash once per day during calls and I must remove the battery and reinstall it to work again, I tried reinstalling the OS again and also tried to free a lot of memory space but with no good at all

Please I need assistance regarding this matter since it always crash during important calls which is very irritating because it take up to 5 min until it reset.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:06 AM   #2
dilipc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Airtel

I use an unlocked Verizon 9550 on a GSM network in India, and I have no such problems. I suggest you should upgrade to the leaked OS 5.0.0.428.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:18 AM   #3
MattClarified

Model: 9520

I used to get similar problems, especially with calls dropping out, a lot better since upgrading to .428 which has now been officially released check out the downloads on blackberry.com
Old 02-03-2010, 06:44 PM   #4
plumcrazy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: VZW

only issue i have is people not being able to hear me if im on the handset. doesn't happen with the bluetooth...weird
Old 02-15-2010, 05:07 AM   #5
mkholosy

Default Thanks for your replies

I did upgrade to 428 as MattClarified and dilipc suggested but I ended with a bigger problem, incoming call from someone in my contacts only show as a strange number when smart dialing is set to others.

and when I set smart dialing to +2 Egypt the incoming calls show properly but when I try to call a mobile number from my contacts I get the "this number is not correct, please check the dialed number and try again" from Vodafone, this problem happen with mobile numbers only tried landlines and international numbers and its working with no problem.

after calling Vodafone to ask about this issue they told me it’s an OS problem and I should update my software, so I have downgraded again to 320 , until 428 officially released.
Closed Thread