Old 03-26-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
CarlG

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Ical Sync AND Outlook Sync - multiple calendars

Please Login to Remove!

Hello All,
I have been trying to come up with a solution and keep coming up empty, but maybe someone here can shed some light for me.

I have been using a Mac and Missing Sync to sync 6 calendars to the BB8830. It's been working great.
My company has now bought me a PC with Outlook. I am going to keep using the Mac at home and syncing at home BUT I also need to sync at work, since one of the calendars needs to sync to my Exchange mailbox. The BB desktop sw wants to add all the items from my multiple calendars into my default Outlook calendar.

Can anyone think of a way that I can sync the calendars to different Outlook calendars (I have made them, just don't know how to "map" them)?
Old 03-27-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
searly
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: Mine...
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlG View Post
Hello All,
I have been trying to come up with a solution and keep coming up empty, but maybe someone here can shed some light for me.

I have been using a Mac and Missing Sync to sync 6 calendars to the BB8830. It's been working great.
My company has now bought me a PC with Outlook. I am going to keep using the Mac at home and syncing at home BUT I also need to sync at work, since one of the calendars needs to sync to my Exchange mailbox. The BB desktop sw wants to add all the items from my multiple calendars into my default Outlook calendar.

Can anyone think of a way that I can sync the calendars to different Outlook calendars (I have made them, just don't know how to "map" them)?

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but this is what I do (and I have a similar situation as you, Mac at home, Windows PC for work).

I use Plaxo to sync all my calendars (iCal, Google, Hotmail and Outlook). Works great for contacts as well... the only draw back is that I have to do a cabled sync (USB) to my Outlook (PC running Outlook) for my BB8830 as we do not run BES. I do not mind this because this way I do not get duplicate entries as well. If you set up your Outlook calendar as the main calendar for Plaxo to sync from it will auto sync the rest of your calendars once anyone sends you a calendar invite or update to your Outlook. You can add as many computers (mac or PC) as you want to your Plaxo account, as well as, as many calendars as you want. This is all sounds kind of "hodge-podge" I know, but it does work.... give it a try. And, Plaxo is free (unless you want to pay $50 a year for some of their premium services) but you do not need them for anything I just spoke about. Best of luck and let me know how it goes!
Closed Thread