Old 02-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #1
sweetrobot

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Cool Few 8320 Quirks I need a hand with

Please Login to Remove!

Hey gang, just have a few quick q's which should be easy for the vets:

1. My phone comes pre-installed with some bookmarks (t-zones links; wi-fi services; blackberry bookmarks, etc). Just wondering if there is a way to get rid of them, or am I stuck with them as they're pre-installed content.

2. When having existed my built in BB browser by selecting Close from the menu, and then restarted, it always starts with the Bookmarks view. Any way to make it fire up from clean start in the designated Home page?

3. I have the unlimited BB plan (email/data). I have two separate messages folders, one entitled 'Messages', and the other has a globe, and is titled as my email. Currently, the 'Messages' folder retains MMS, SMS, and emails, while the email folder only emails. Any way to keep emails from ending up in the 'Messages' folder at all? I would like to keep mobile messages separate from emails, and take advantage of the fact that there are two separate folders to begin with anyway.

Thanks for looking and any help.

Regards.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #2
sweetrobot

((bump))
Old 02-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

For question #2, if you go to Browser > Options > Browser Configuration I believe there will be an option at the bottom called Start Page. You can change this from Bookmarks Page to Home Page. You also should be able to configure the Home Page option on that same screen.

For question #3, the short answer is no. The Messages folder is a repository for ALL messages.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:50 PM   #4
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

as a clarification you can seperate SMS/MMS from the messages folder, but that is it.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:51 PM   #5
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
as a clarification you can seperate SMS/MMS from the messages folder, but that is it.
Correct. Was going to edit my message to state that after I re-read it...
Old 02-08-2008, 02:55 AM   #6
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetrobot View Post
Hey gang, just have a few quick q's which should be easy for the vets:

1. My phone comes pre-installed with some bookmarks (t-zones links; wi-fi services; blackberry bookmarks, etc). Just wondering if there is a way to get rid of them, or am I stuck with them as they're pre-installed content.

2. When having existed my built in BB browser by selecting Close from the menu, and then restarted, it always starts with the Bookmarks view. Any way to make it fire up from clean start in the designated Home page?

3. I have the unlimited BB plan (email/data). I have two separate messages folders, one entitled 'Messages', and the other has a globe, and is titled as my email. Currently, the 'Messages' folder retains MMS, SMS, and emails, while the email folder only emails. Any way to keep emails from ending up in the 'Messages' folder at all? I would like to keep mobile messages separate from emails, and take advantage of the fact that there are two separate folders to begin with anyway.

Thanks for looking and any help.

Regards.
You mean you haven't gotten rid of that POS BB Curve yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetrobot View Post
The truth is that Nokia and other Symbian-enabled devices are typically far better hardware than Blackberry as far as hardware. And now that Blackberry Connect is available (has been for a while) for Symbian devices, I don't see what BB hardware has to offer...
Old 02-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #7
sweetrobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyckitching View Post
For question #2, if you go to Browser > Options > Browser Configuration I believe there will be an option at the bottom called Start Page. You can change this from Bookmarks Page to Home Page. You also should be able to configure the Home Page option on that same screen.

For question #3, the short answer is no. The Messages folder is a repository for ALL messages.
Awesome. I dunno how I overlooked that...
Old 02-11-2008, 07:01 PM   #8
sweetrobot

A bit off topic... never killed nobody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
You mean you haven't gotten rid of that POS BB Curve yet?
Waiting on Android platform-enable devices to kick everyone off the map.

Would've gone with the superior e61i, but was offered a deal I couldn't refuse on the pos curve...

Unfortunately the NA market just isn't friendly towards superior hardware just yet, such as Nokia and SE.

Mobile providers here are still pushing garbage, for the most part.
Closed Thread