BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 03:19 AM   #401
allcentury

Model: 7105T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idendepot
Ok for those of you not able to use the media studio this is what u do.

Install it and go into the program folder of mobile tools
then run the media studio .exe file direct rather then running the whole program.

It will still try and detect phone. Have your Blackberry pugged in through USB and while it trys to detect phone unplug and plug back in USB and it will some how find it and open up media center

Now you can make tones.

that answers that!

No CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER WHY I CANT LOAD REAL RINGS ON MY 7100i
It is using OS 4.1
think they took out the ability to read and play adp rings?

All i get is error 400 browser doesnt support from any site i go to in this thread

Any guesses ?
anyone who has asked pretty much got no answer so i guess no one knows?
well you're right that it opened up the media center... but the browser lists NO audio in there. i work as a sound engineer and have over 5000 wav & mp3 files.

this is mildly amuzing
Old 10-22-2005, 01:09 PM   #402
idendepot

Model: 7100i

That happened to me 1st time as well i just did the steps again and the 2nd time it let me edit the files
was weird not sure what i did different but Try again
Old 10-22-2005, 07:43 PM   #403
tobious
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130
Carrier: cingular

ok so is there anyone who got ringotnes on their 7100i for nextel, i dont undertsand how all the other 7100 series bb's can get ringotnes but the nextel version cant..

[email address]
AIM: seankk818
Old 10-23-2005, 02:40 AM   #404
idendepot

yeah fricken sucks

I didnt want to get the 7100i cause no ringtones that was holding me back then i found this thread and said cool i can put them on..... But now NO FRICKEN luck with the 7100i what so ever

maybe it has to do with the OS?
4.1?
others using lower then that?
then if thats it maybe there is a way to roll back to older OS?

Because it Clearly states in error details that the browser does not support adpcm

and a month ago i use to see posted on product details that the 7100 supports adpcm tones and now if you look up any of the 7100 product details they all say only midi

what the F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2005, 03:24 PM   #405
corey@12mile
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: lots
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
yeah fricken sucks

I didnt want to get the 7100i cause no ringtones that was holding me back then i found this thread and said cool i can put them on..... But now NO FRICKEN luck with the 7100i what so ever

maybe it has to do with the OS?
4.1?
others using lower then that?
then if thats it maybe there is a way to roll back to older OS?

Because it Clearly states in error details that the browser does not support adpcm

and a month ago i use to see posted on product details that the 7100 supports adpcm tones and now if you look up any of the 7100 product details they all say only midi

what the F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friendly warning... I got banned for language.. (among other things)
Old 10-23-2005, 03:52 PM   #406
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

it can get them they are wav capable not adm
Old 10-23-2005, 05:25 PM   #407
purephase
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: Bell

Quote:
People actually buy BB's for the ringtones? Seriously? I can tell you right now, I seriously doubt that this is a major consideration for RIM when working on the OS or devices.

These are business devices. Stability, security, and functionality (with push email, calendaring etc.) are the primary concerns. Go get a sidekick or a i930. It sounds like it might be a more appropriate device for you.

(On an aside: I just read a thread post on HoFo where someone mentioned emailing the ringtone directly to your bb email address was the way to get it loaded on the 7100i. I think the manual mentioned something about that.)
Old 10-23-2005, 08:19 PM   #408
sonnyboy

Default no webjal

so basically u cant load ringtones on a bb 7100i nextel like u could do with i860 and so on! is that correct???? so the only ways to get real ringtones on yo bb is to email to yoself or download em through the net from yo bb????? what is that cd about that comes with the bb7100i, u can do whatever but load ringtones to yo phone with that program, correct????????? and how do u change the mime type or whatever????????
Old 10-23-2005, 10:29 PM   #409
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

i changed the subject so it may clear up the confusion surrounding the 7100i and ADPCM ringtones... it does not support ADPCM ringtones, but it does support WAV files. with that said, no one has figured out how to load them, either via the Browser or MMS, to the handheld. it appears that, although the Media Player supports the audio/x-wav MIME format, the browser and MMS translators do not, thus making it impossible to load a WAV file onto the handheld, for now.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:29 PM   #410
jennrob1234

Model: 7520

So I noticed that someone asked before if loading ringtones to a BB7520 is possible. Is it? and can you use the same software that was provided in the beginning of this entire discussion? Please let me know............
Old 10-28-2005, 05:41 PM   #411
big_durango

Model: 7520

i just read through a lot of this thread before finally realizing that my 7520 can't use the .adp files. so where would you all recommend finding the midi ringtones? i tried emailing myslef some midi files but BB won't open the attachments.

since this thread has gotten so long, and doesn't apply to 7520 (and possibly other) users you may want to create some sub-forums.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:55 PM   #412
AlwaysOnPoint

Model: 8320
Carrier: Tmobile

One thing that I have found is you are able to get the .wav files to your phone (7100i) via email. You can send them in a zip file and then unzip it. However, I still have yet to find a format that will actually bring up the media player for listening and saving.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:20 PM   #413
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

search 7520 ringtones should produce lots and lots of threads also try www.mobile.blackberry.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_durango
i just read through a lot of this thread before finally realizing that my 7520 can't use the .adp files. so where would you all recommend finding the midi ringtones? i tried emailing myslef some midi files but BB won't open the attachments.

since this thread has gotten so long, and doesn't apply to 7520 (and possibly other) users you may want to create some sub-forums.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:11 PM   #414
crbrigance

Model: 7100G

I want to add a ringtone. Does anyone know how to convert a MIDI file into a ADPCM file?
Old 11-05-2005, 07:56 AM   #415
splacko
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

Here's one thing that I don't get about the whole "voice tone" thing and why the 7100i can't do it (at the moment at least) If you have the GPS function on the 7100i, it gives you VOICE instructions when you're approaching your turn and or destination...so if this happens...WHERE ARE THE REAL RING TONES????? Can someone PLEASE find a way? I'm dying in polyphonic vertigo over here.....

Last edited by splacko; 11-05-2005 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: spelling error
Old 11-05-2005, 11:23 PM   #416
bladerunnert

Model: 7100T
Default My ringtones don't work

I have read this thread from beginning to end at least three times. I think I am following the instructions as outlined above, but my ringtones won't work.

If I download a ringtone from luckyluciano... and place it on my private web site, I am able to use my 7100T and download it from my site and play/save it. If I create my own ADPCM ringtone and place it on my site I get an error stating that the page can not be displayed.

I input an MP3, clip it to about 15 or 20 seconds, set it to mono, 16bit 1600Hz - all the same attributes I see if I input the ADPCM file from the luckyluciano site.

I know this is most likely some stupid mistake I am making, but I havent a clue as to what it might be. The only thing I can see that I have done differently is that I used the Motorola version of the Phone Tools because I have a Moto V220 that I still use and need those tools for it.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

BladerunnerT
--------------
PIN: 20226A68

Last edited by bladerunnert; 11-05-2005 at 11:27 PM..
Old 11-06-2005, 12:01 AM   #417
rwross1776

Model: 7100g

I think I'm about 90% of the way there...but its that blasted last 10% *sigh*

I've created my own ADP files using the philips tool.

I've loaded them up to my webserver using CoffeCup FTP, but when I try to download them into my 7100g, the file comes up as code-text...I suppose what we used to call ASCII.

I've tried adding the .htaccess file to the directory, but when I do so, I cannot access anything from that directory anylonger...even things moments before that I could download, like .jpgs and such.

Any ideas?

It's almost as if my browser thinks the ADP file is a text file and is simply displaying the contents of the file.

I suppose its possible my I FTP'ed the file up as text, but i've tried changing its extention from ADP to JPG locally just to make sure my FTP client knew to treat it as a binary...no difference.

I'm stumped...

help if ya can...much thanks...

rwr
Old 11-06-2005, 02:33 AM   #418
bladerunnert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwross1776

I've loaded them up to my webserver using CoffeCup FTP, but when I try to download them into my 7100g, the file comes up as code-text...I suppose what we used to call ASCII.

I've tried adding the .htaccess file to the directory, but when I do so, I cannot access anything from that directory anylonger...even things moments before that I could download, like .jpgs and such.

Any ideas?

It's almost as if my browser thinks the ADP file is a text file and is simply displaying the contents of the file.

I suppose its possible my I FTP'ed the file up as text, but i've tried changing its extention from ADP to JPG locally just to make sure my FTP client knew to treat it as a binary...no difference.

I'm stumped...

rwr
You don't state which web server you are using. On the off chance that it is Apache2, look at the config file that defines the users personal web site - in SuSE the file is in /etc/apache2/mod_userdir.conf. Look for the stanza that defines /home/*/public_html. Look at the line that starts with AllowOverride. If that line does not contain the word Options, then the Options line in .htaccess is causing an error which will prevent access to your home html directory.

Hope this helps - Good luck

BladerunnerT
--------------
Pin: 20226A68
Old 11-06-2005, 09:56 PM   #419
bladerunnert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunnert
I have read this thread from beginning to end at least three times. I think I am following the instructions as outlined above, but my ringtones won't work.

If I download a ringtone from luckyluciano... and place it on my private web site, I am able to use my 7100T and download it from my site and play/save it. If I create my own ADPCM ringtone and place it on my site I get an error stating that the page can not be displayed.

I input an MP3, clip it to about 15 or 20 seconds, set it to mono, 16bit 1600Hz - all the same attributes I see if I input the ADPCM file from the luckyluciano site.

I know this is most likely some stupid mistake I am making, but I havent a clue as to what it might be. The only thing I can see that I have done differently is that I used the Motorola version of the Phone Tools because I have a Moto V220 that I still use and need those tools for it.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

BladerunnerT
--------------
PIN: 20226A68
Well, I think my problem is solved, though I am not sure why. I removed my copy of the Moto phone tools and installed the Philips version. That made no difference. The .adp files from my web site would still not work if they were the ones I created.

I removed the Philips phone tools and re-installed the Motorola version because I need them for my V220. I created some new ringtones using extracts from MP3 files and the Melody Ctr. from the Moto tools. Still no joy.

I pulled the batery and SIM card from my 7100T and when I re-booted the BB the ringtones from my web site would load and play - even some of the old ones that I created several days ago.

I hate it when that happens - problems don't normally just dissapear.

BladerunnerT
--------------
Pin: 20226A68
Old 11-06-2005, 11:48 PM   #420
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwross1776

Any ideas?

I'm stumped...

rwr
http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...=audio%2Fadpcm

skip all the COD, JAD, JAR stuff and just put the MIME types for the ADP files.