Old 12-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #1
zerog6
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
PIN: 30547339
Carrier: Verizon
Default First BB, questions about e-mail

Please Login to Remove!

I just had a couple of questions about options with e-mail accounts on the storm. I've been a WM user for a long time and the storm is my first BB. I setup my e-mail accounts using the e-mail setup wizard and they all work perfectly fine.

When I go back into the e-mail wizard to edit any of the accounts, I can't change the e-mail account name. I try to do so and save the changes, but the it always reverts back to the e-mail address as the account name. Is it not customizable and the account name always has to be the e-mail address?

If I delete an e-mail that I didn't open and read, the new e-mail notification stays on. Do I have to open every e-mail before deleting it so the new e-mail notification will turn off? Is there a way to have the new e-mail notification turn off when an e-mail is deleted even if was never opened and read?

Lastly, are deleted messages stored anywhere? sms, mms, e-mail? or deleting a message from the inbox or outbox permanently deletes it?

Thanks

Last edited by zerog6; 12-21-2008 at 02:45 PM..
Old 12-21-2008, 02:41 PM   #2
iBlackberry

Model: 9000
PIN: 249E60D9
Carrier: AT&T

You are correct. I have only ever had the email addresses listed on the individual account boxed. I currently have 6 different email addresses coming downstream. Only the Messages( with is the mix of all) and the Desktop box are unhidden, as I only need to see corporate only email by itself of all email blended.

If you delete an email without reading it, the unread email count is reduced by 1, as there is one less email that is unread. If you want the unread emails indicator to be zero, simply go to the top of your messages folder, with today's date, press the blackberry key, and "Mark Prior Opened". This will clear the flags.

You have choices for deleted messages. When deleting a message, depending on the type of email account your interacting with, you have the choice to delete from handheld, or delete from handheld, and email box (deletes from Blackberry as well as the email server)

I hope this helps.
AT&T
PIN - 249E60D9
Old 12-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #3
zerog6

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlackberry View Post
You are correct. I have only ever had the email addresses listed on the individual account boxed. I currently have 6 different email addresses coming downstream. Only the Messages( with is the mix of all) and the Desktop box are unhidden, as I only need to see corporate only email by itself of all email blended.

If you delete an email without reading it, the unread email count is reduced by 1, as there is one less email that is unread. If you want the unread emails indicator to be zero, simply go to the top of your messages folder, with today's date, press the blackberry key, and "Mark Prior Opened". This will clear the flags.

You have choices for deleted messages. When deleting a message, depending on the type of email account your interacting with, you have the choice to delete from handheld, or delete from handheld, and email box (deletes from Blackberry as well as the email server)

I hope this helps.
Oh alright I got it, I didn't realize you can select the very top part of the messages where the date is to get more options, thanks for that.

So for the deleted messages then, what's the difference between the prompt to delete from both the device/server, and the setup option that syncs your deleted messages?
Old 12-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #4
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

This link may also be helpful

BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 12-22-2008, 12:16 PM   #5
zerog6

Thanks for that, I figured everything out from there. I didn't really understand what the BIS was and how it worked but I got it now.

Go Canes!!
Closed Thread