BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 03:13 AM   #141
stealthx32
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8220
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I didn't want the delay of polling, and I get BCC'd pretty often...so I'm going for the random letters and numbers route. So my new address is [email address]. Lets see if this helps.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:33 PM   #142
bad dog

Model: 8700C
Default This worked for me:

Hi, new to the forum- I've been getting spammed for the last couple weeks on my cingy account. Instead of deleting the account, I created a few filters and it seems to work so far. I found I could absolutely filter @mycingular.bb.net and still get my forwards. So:
1. I filtered out anything addressed To: @mycingular.bb.net
2. I filtered out anything CC'd to @mycingular.bb.net
Since my work mail forwards whatever I am supposed to get:
3. I created a filter to allow anything addressed to [email address] (since that is REALLY the name in the TO field, not the mycingular name- even though the mycingular is an address to which things are forwarded) , and created another filter to:
4. allow anything From @work.com.
The final filter was to:
5. allow trusted mail (if there is such a thing) to be delivered: I allowed multiple @somewhere.whatever addresses to be forwarded.
Now, I still get all my work mail forwarded to the BB, even though any @mycingular.bb.net is theoretically filtered out and not delivered- just no spam sent directly to the BB.
We happen to use a spam filtering service for our Exchange Server anyway, so I know that no spam will come from any @work.com address.
One other thing I do is forward from work to gmail, and let gmail forward to the BB. Confused yet? I am......
Old 01-17-2007, 05:02 PM   #143
MooseNYC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

The problem, as I've been experiencing since transitioning to BIS 2.0 is that the scabs (spammers) have been sending crap using the "BCC" field, this is why the filters on the BIS do not work.
If someone (at RIM?) was smart they would devise a way to stop this. Unfortunately I had to delete the [user]@[site].blackberry.net account to stop the spam
Old 01-17-2007, 10:01 PM   #144
bad dog

Model: 8700C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseNYC
The problem, as I've been experiencing since transitioning to BIS 2.0 is that the scabs (spammers) have been sending crap using the "BCC" field, this is why the filters on the BIS do not work.
If someone (at RIM?) was smart they would devise a way to stop this. Unfortunately I had to delete the [user]@[site].blackberry.net account to stop the spam
All the crap mail I have received was addressed to myself and others either in the To field or the CC field. I haven't received any spam since doing my filters.
Closed Thread