Old 11-18-2009, 06:51 AM   #1
spawn15
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Worst Blackberry design ever

Please Login to Remove!

I got to say that the 8900 leather case that comes with the device is probably the worst design ever from Blackberry. How annoying is this thing? Its tight when you slide the phone in so you can always end up putting the phone in vibrate without knowing or maybe add a person to a speed dial by mistake (both happens to me all the time). Then is a freaking battle to try to get the thing out. Also if you drop the phone for whatever reason you know is going to get scratch on top because it doesn't cover the entire phone....I dont know but for me complete and total failed on this thing by RIM. I had the Pearl and the 8320 curve before this and the leather cases on those phones were way better than this...way better.

Just had to get that off my chest....and RIM if your reading this... please no more of this type of mistakes please.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:36 AM   #2
ACJones

Model: 8800v
Carrier: Vodafone
Thumbs up

FWIW I agree with you - I personally hate these crappy plasticy (is that a word?) "pouches" provided with the newer BBs, and would welcome the return of a "good old" BB holster design, with belt clip and cover flap and all the trimmings. The Storm's case is the worst - that phone sticks out of the top about an inch! However you probably won't find too many who agree with you... I think lots of ppl prefer the minimalist design.

PS if you can you might wanna think about changing this thread's title... I came in here thinking "8900 worst BB design? Never!" to find you were talking about the case

-AC.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #3
alphasports
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers (CAN) / A1 (AUT) / Swisscom (SUI) / T-Mobile (USA)

Yeah it's a crap pouch but after a week's use or so, it loosens up so it's at least not a battle to stick it in. Still a major pain to pull it out when it's ringing. Why don't they give up on making obviously crappy cases and give people something useful like an equally inexpensive 2gb SD card or something?
Old 11-18-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
BarracudaBob
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
Carrier: AT&T

I would have to agree that I preferred the holster for my old 8310 to the new 8900 holster. I don't mind the case being a little tight since it will loosen up over time, but it was way too tight initially. I actually forced my 8310 into the case to help stretch it out a bit. I have also noticed that it doesn't always put the device in sleep mode if I put it in with the screen facing out. My biggest complaint is actually the stiffness of the flap. On the 8310 case it was very pliable, but on the 8900 case it is much stiffer making it more of a pain to deal with. I haven't had any problems with the corners of the phone being exposed, but I can see how it might be. The case for the 8310 seemed much more professional looking. The 8900 case seems more mass-production for the masses. At least they are making the phones themselves with more style.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:44 PM   #5
spawn15

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasports View Post
it loosens up so it's at least not a battle to stick it in
How long is it going to take? I've had this thing since may.

Anyways I agree with you guys as well. I finally broke down today and bought another case. This is what I got:

BTW I tried to edit the title of the thread but I couldn't find the field. Can maybe a moderator add holster or case at the end so it doesn't confuse the readers?

Last edited by spawn15; 11-18-2009 at 06:47 PM..
Old 11-18-2009, 07:51 PM   #6
jm32

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn15 View Post
How long is it going to take? I've had this thing since may.
I got my phone/pouch in July and it recently just loosened up last month, but i guess it also depends on how much you put it in and take it out of the pouch.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:03 AM   #7
parixoxo

Model: 890
Carrier: Vodafone

Local holsters work better
Old 11-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #8
davidandrew

PIN: Ask.
Carrier: At&t

http://www.vajacases.com/
Their expensive but good.

I agree, the OEM holsters are impractical, hard to use. Tried using it since I hate to use the silicon and hard cases, and I could not get the thing out of my pocket, let alone out of the pouch.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #9
dexter punk

Model: curve
Carrier: wrestler

you don't have to use it!! you can bay any nice case like me..ihave these color cover and it's way better than the orignal one..trust me and go to buy this cover and you will know the defferint
Old 11-21-2009, 02:38 AM   #10
spawn15

Already did...was not able to deal with that pain in the behind any longer. ;) ...waiting for the new leather case. Hopefully I wont burned mine before the new one comes in lol
Old 11-24-2009, 08:55 AM   #11
TonyEye

Model: NoMas
Carrier: NOT AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACJones View Post
FWIW I agree with you - I personally hate these crappy plasticy (is that a word?) "pouches" provided with the newer BBs, and would welcome the return of a "good old" BB holster design, with belt clip and cover flap and all the trimmings.
I believe the word you're looking for is PLEATHER

I use the case from the 8310 for now. It's just fine, even though it's also pleather.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #12
rugmankc

Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

Wow, what do they say about opinions----

I have had the 8900 for about 6 months. Although the case was a little tight to start, it loosened up in a month. it is all nice leather with excellent stitching. The magnetic leather flap works great. It is better than my 8700 case which I really liked. I take my phone in and out about 15 to 20 times a day, mostly calendar use. Maybe usage plays a factor. I am surprised no one likes it. I assume they all come with the same case. Got my phone from CBW.

Ken