BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 09:57 AM   #21
DiRN
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: at&t

Please Login to Remove!

The problem you are having is your Bluetooth driver. You are using a driver (most likely WIDCOMM) that isn't the native Windows driver. In order to sync via Bluetooth, you must be using the Windows driver.

And you can sync with DM 4.1 via Bluetooth.

EDIT: Here's a good place to get help with the native Windows driver: http://www.blackberryforums.com/blue...-adapters.html
Old 11-25-2006, 12:09 PM   #22
Paul in San Diego
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7130c

I think that may be the issue. Thanks.

Edited to say...I think somehow I've deleted the XP BT drivers to begin with as when I check for any driver info on BT I find nothing (I do have xp sp2 and have verified it). Could be when I deleted the BT software that came with the BT dongle I also deleted the XP version? I can't find any drivers when I install the dongle. Hmm...

Last edited by Paul in San Diego; 11-25-2006 at 12:37 PM..
Old 11-26-2006, 12:34 PM   #23
DiRN

No, uninstalling a third-party driver shouldn't affect a built-in driver. The file is typically found at C:\WINDOWS\inf\bth.inf. If you can't find it, a simple Google search should bring up places to download the file.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:49 AM   #24
Paul in San Diego

I have the bth.inf file installed, XP SP2, but I can not get the BT icon to appear, nor do I see any choice for it in the Control Panel. I've had enough of this...
Old 11-27-2006, 12:01 PM   #25
DiRN

Did you follow the instructions to add your Bluetooth dongle to the INF file?
Old 11-27-2006, 12:14 PM   #26
Paul in San Diego

Not sure what's what anymore. I need a day away from it all. That thread you provided looks valuable, but at this point I wish I had a Mac.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:48 AM   #27
CYoung234

Model: 7250
Default Your problem is definitely ...

that you are not using the MS bluetooth drivers. I had the same issue with my 7250. And, BTW, my BT definitely works with the 4.1 DM. PM me if you need the URL for the info posted below. This is from a FAQ on another site:

Question: Is it possible for me to sync my Blackberry 7100i with my outlook via blue tooth? I have it set up already with the blackberry software to sync when I plug it in but I cant figure out how to do it wireless. Thanks, Mike.

Answer: Yes. If you have handheld OS version 4.1, on models such as the 7100i, 8700c and 7130e. Also, your PC must be running Microsoft Windows XP SP2 and the Bluetooth device should in Microsoft's approved list. Here's How To Set up Bluetooth PC connectivity

Prerequisites

* BlackBerry wireless devices with Bluetooth wireless technology
* BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.1 and later
* BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 and later
* BlackBerry Enterprise Server® 4.0 Service Pack 3 and later
* Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) and later

BlackBerry devices can use Bluetooth to connect to Desktop Manager using the Bluetooth link. When connected, all data is routed through the Bluetooth port.
1) System Requirements

To set up Bluetooth connectivity, you must meet the following system requirements:

* Your computer must be running Windows XP SP2.
* Your computer must be running the Bluetooth software that comes with Windows XP SP2
* Your computer must be running Desktop Manager 4.1 or later.
* Your BlackBerry device must be running BlackBerry device software 4.1 or later.
* If you have an account on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, it must be running software version 4.0 Service Pack 3 or later and the following IT policies must be set to FALSE (by the system administrator):
o Disable Desktop Connectivity
o Disable Wireless Bypass
Note: The two policies are located in the Bluetooth Policy Group. The default setting for these policies is TRUE.
* If your computer does not support Bluetooth, a supported Bluetooth Dongle can be used (DLink is not supported). For a complete list of supported Bluetooth transceivers, go to the Microsoft Knowledge Base and search for article 84183.
* On the BlackBerry device, the Bluetooth Options screen must display Desktop Connectivity and Wireless Bypass in the Services list.
* Your Bluetooth device must be paired with your computer.

2) Verify That You Are Running Microsoft Bluetooth Software

Windows XP SP2 comes with a generic Bluetooth device manager. Verify that you are running this program and not third-party Bluetooth software.

2. In the system tray, double-click the Bluetooth icon.

If the Bluetooth icon does not appear in the system tray, open the Control Panel and double-click Bluetooth Devices.
3. If the Bluetooth Device window appears, then you are running the Microsoft Bluetooth software. Therefore, you meet the system requirements to set up Bluetooth connectivity.If the My Bluetooth Places window appears, then you are running third-party Bluetooth software (e.g. WIDCOMM). To meet the system requirements, you must uninstall this software.
To uninstall third-party Bluetooth software
1. In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
2. Select the third-party Bluetooth software, then click Remove.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
4. Restart your computer.
4. Once the Microsoft Bluetooth software is installed, display the Bluetooth icon in the system tray
1. Open the Control Panel and double-click Bluetooth Devices.
2. In the Bluetooth Device window, click the Options tab.
3. Select the Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area check box.
4. Click Apply, then OK.

3) Set Your BlackBerry Device to Discoverable Mode

Complete the following steps:

2. In device options, click Bluetooth.
3. Click the trackwheel, then Options.
4. In the Discoverable field, click the Space key until the field displays Yes.
5. Click the trackwheel, then Save.

4) Pair Your BlackBerry Device with Your Computer

Complete the following steps on your computer:

2. In Control Panel, double-click Bluetooth Devices. The Bluetooth Device window appears.
3. Click Add. The Add Bluetooth Device Wizard appears.
4. Select the My device is set up and ready to be found check box, then click Next. The Bluetooth software searches for any Bluetooth devices in the area that are discoverable.
5. When your BlackBerry device is found, click on it and click Next.Note: If your device cannot be found, verify that you meet all the system requirements to set up Bluetooth connectivity.
6. Select the Let me choose my own passkey option.
7. Type a passkey in the field provided, then click Next. A message appears on your BlackBerry device prompting you to Enter passkey for <computer name>.
8. On your device, type the same passkey that you entered in the previous step, then click the trackwheel.
9. On your computer, when the Completing the Add Bluetooth Device Wizard screen appears, click Finish.

5) Enable the Trusted Option for Your Computer

By enabling the Trusted option, you will not receive a connection authorization message each time your BlackBerry device connects with your computer.

2. In device options, click Bluetooth.
3. Click your computer from the list of paired devices, then click Device Properties.
4. In the Trusted field, click the Space key until the field displays Yes.
5. Click the trackwheel, then Save.

6) Configure Bluetooth on Your Computer

Complete the following steps:

2. Right-click the BlackBerry Device Manager icon in the system tray and select Properties. The BlackBerry Device Manager Properties window appears.

3. Select the Enable Bluetooth Support check box. The Configure Bluetooth button becomes enabled. Note: If the Enable Bluetooth Support check box, or the Configure Bluetooth button are not enabled, see the Troubleshooting section below.
4. Click Configure Bluetooth. The Bluetooth Configuration window appears.
5. Click Add. The Add Bluetooth Device dialog box appears, displaying instructions on how to ensure that your device is properly set up.
6. Click OK in the dialog box. The Add Bluetooth Device window appears with an animated flashlight indicating that the application is searching for your device. When your paired BlackBerry device is found, it appears as an icon in the dialog box.

Note: If your device is not found, an unable to locate message appears. To repeat the search, click Search Again. If your device cannot be found, see the Troubleshooting section below.
7. Select the device icon, and then click OK. The new device icon appears in the Bluetooth Configuration window.
8. Click OK in the Bluetooth Configuration window. The BlackBerry Device Manager Properties window is displayed.
9. After a few seconds, an entry titled Bluetooth - <Your PIN> is added to the Connection Settings list, in a Connected state.

10. In Desktop Manager, in the Options menu, select Connection Settings. The Connection Settings window appears.
11. In the Connection drop-down list, select Bluetooth-PIN: <Your PIN>.

12. Select the Automatically switch from Bluetooth to USB when USB is connected check box, then click OK. The Desktop Manager status changes to Connected.

Troubleshooting

If the Enable Bluetooth Support check box and Configure Bluetooth button are not enabled on the BlackBerry Device Manager Properties window, your computer might not be using native Windows XP SP2 Bluetooth radio drivers. Verify that you are running the Bluetooth device manager that came with Windows XP SP2 (see the instructions above).
If your device cannot be found on the Add Bluetooth Device window, your BlackBerry Enterprise Server might not have the proper IT policies enabled. Contact your system administrator to verify that the following IT policies are set to FALSE:

* Disable Desktop Connectivity
* Disable Wireless Bypass

Note: These IT policies are only available in BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0 Service Pack 3 and later.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:41 AM   #28
B757Bob

Model: 8700g

I have a 8700g and was having exactly the same problems. I followed the instructions above and all is well. If your bluetooth tranceiver is not listed in Microsoft Knowledgebase 8418 0 3 don't panic mine wasn't but the pc found a suitable driver from within. Do NOT install the driver that came with the dongle as it won't work. Thank you CYoung234.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:05 PM   #29
jmajluf

Model: 8310
PIN: 242F8970
Carrier: Claro
Default bluetoth

I follwed the instructions and uninstalled the BT drivers that came with my laptop but when I rebooted it windows could not find the drivers.
where can i find them?
Old 12-11-2006, 09:15 PM   #30
jmajluf

Model: 8310
PIN: 242F8970
Carrier: Claro

I followed the instructions, unisntalled the bt drivers that came with my laptop and when i rebooted my computer windows can't find the bt drivers
what can i do?
Old 12-20-2006, 04:23 AM   #31
Ideasmiths

Model: 7100v
Carrier: None

I think I created a solution here before....

Last edited by Ideasmiths; 12-20-2006 at 04:26 AM..
Closed Thread