Old 07-29-2008, 11:15 PM   #21
g4rr3tt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw3000 View Post
It's been working on T-Mobile for quite awhile now actually.
hrtlss22 was correct when he posted that comment, man. almost a year ago (aug 07) when wlm wasn't up and working for t-mobile. look at the dates when each comment is posted dood. who resurrected this old thread anyway.....zzz
Old 09-11-2008, 08:15 PM   #22
hinch1

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter1979 View Post
I just spoke with someone at Bell and they advised me that since I have the unlimited data it will not work unless I add another feature to my plan.
I got the same answer. I agreed when I downloaded to pay $3 a month to use the service, and then I got the "does not have appropriate service book" error. I called, and was told that to be allowed the privilege to pay use WLM, I would have to change to a 4mb data plan from my unlimited email and internet plan. Seems silly to me, since there are plenty of other options for me to use. I was willing to do it legit and proper...
Old 10-07-2008, 03:14 AM   #23
Intercity

Model: 8310
Carrier: Vodafone

It's working on my BB 8310 on Vodafone
Old 10-09-2008, 05:56 PM   #24
obscene
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Rogers

good stuff

BlackBerry Themes
Free BlackBerry Themes
Old 10-23-2008, 11:59 PM   #25
iteamguy

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell

K Here's the deal...

Carriers are a neccessary evil! I hate them all equally, however, I have been satisified with Bell over the years. They annoyed me (understated) when they cancelled my "Unlimited" air card. I was WAY up north (NWT Canada) far away from a store when the cancelled the account... (Not the service) Now my rogers contract was over, I was a windows mobile freak. I'm back on bell with the blackberry. I'm on the student plan, really good price plan but has limitations on it. The device comes with Windows Live Messenger installed, it was a selling option they offered me. I went to use it and it didn't work. I'm getting the msg, 'Service Not enabled for this handheld.' I went back to the store, they called tech support, they tried to make it work, went through all the steps and came to the conclusion that it isn't going to work.

The unlimited internet package I have is limited. They have the service blocked. They are setting up an engineering ticket to try and get the issue resolved but they aren't sure how long and if the service will be fixed. If I change my account I will be able to use MSN but I will end up paying a minimum of an extra $30.00 a month.

So to all you BB brains out there. What should or can I do to get around changing my amazing plan!? Is there anyway I can get Windows Live Messenger to work?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

DJ
Old 10-26-2008, 01:22 AM   #26
hinch1

Model: 8130
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iteamguy View Post
K Here's the deal...

Carriers are a neccessary evil! I hate them all equally, however, I have been satisified with Bell over the years. They annoyed me (understated) when they cancelled my "Unlimited" air card. I was WAY up north (NWT Canada) far away from a store when the cancelled the account... (Not the service) Now my rogers contract was over, I was a windows mobile freak. I'm back on bell with the blackberry. I'm on the student plan, really good price plan but has limitations on it. The device comes with Windows Live Messenger installed, it was a selling option they offered me. I went to use it and it didn't work. I'm getting the msg, 'Service Not enabled for this handheld.' I went back to the store, they called tech support, they tried to make it work, went through all the steps and came to the conclusion that it isn't going to work.

The unlimited internet package I have is limited. They have the service blocked. They are setting up an engineering ticket to try and get the issue resolved but they aren't sure how long and if the service will be fixed. If I change my account I will be able to use MSN but I will end up paying a minimum of an extra $30.00 a month.

So to all you BB brains out there. What should or can I do to get around changing my amazing plan!? Is there anyway I can get Windows Live Messenger to work?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

DJ
I paid $30 to get a licence for Beejive. Its a really good program (you can test it for 30 days), and does WLM well. It just uses the regular data so its under your unlimited plan.

The way I see it, I would have preferred to use the real WLM application, I was even willing to pay Bell $3 a month to use it (as one does on any of the other Bell phones), but they've decided to block it so I'll pay another company once to use the same service. The only one losing out is Bell and that's not something I lose sleep over.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:15 PM   #27
stormbot

Model: 9530
Carrier: bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_dizzo View Post
here you go. for anyone else with wlm running, have they gotten this error?

i just noticed it on my 8830..

Connection Error (65)
Problem receiving data from the server

weird.. it worked on my 8703e..
the link to the attachment to the sb doesn't work....does anyone have this please?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #28
itsmatty

Model: 3130
Carrier: Bell

Im having the same exact problem with bell.. with my 8130 i just bought it installed the newest live software, because i had an curve with rogers and it worked best with the display pictures.. and now.. im with bell and no working live messenger.. all i get is server is busy or either connection error (65) and problem receiving data from server i need a fix for it.. does anyone have any suggestions.. Bell tech also advise me to try out beejiveIM but its only a 30 day trial.. :(
Old 03-30-2009, 09:49 PM   #29
milosboss

Model: 8320
Carrier: DOD
Exclamation IMs Sevice Books for BB 8320 PLZZZZZZ

I need service books for all IM's foe BB 8320 plzzz, i have only managed to get service book for Yahoo mess, and it works just fine but still need rest (MSN, GTalk, AIM, ICQ.

Plz i need those files ASAP, if someone have BB 8310/8320 plz get those books from phone with Desktop Manager and post them plz,

Ty, in advance ))
Closed Thread