BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 03:04 PM   #1
mjb1206

Model: 7250
Default Crappy 1st Luck With My Verizon 8703e

Please Login to Remove!

Well, I received my new Verizon 8703e this morning at approximately 8:30am. Went straight to my local Verizon store to have it activated, and the address book taken out of my Treo 700P. And this is where the disaster starts.

First off, they cannot transfer the address book, because Cellebrite software doesn’t have an upgraded revision to let the address book be downloaded into the New Blackberry 8703e. So I guess that means you would have to re-type all your contacts. 215 contacts on my Treo 700P.

Next disaster, there is no web browser icon on the homepage. I was on the telephone with tech-support for three and half hours (3 ½ Hours), and guess what? Still not browser icon. I can honestly say they have no clue of what they are doing.

Next, tech-support cannot figure out why my mail is not being pushed to the Blackberry 8703e after going online and creating my mail support information. They had me change every friggin setting, hard re-set, soft re-set, who knows what other kind of re-sets, simply amazing how incompetent they are.

That’s right folks OVER 3 ½ Hours and nothing is working other than the cell phone side of it. Verizon has to be the most incompetent organization I have ever dealt with period.

Now the news is, I have a faulty Blackberry 8703e, and I need to ship this one back to them, and they will send me another one. How convenient.

Any Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Matt
Old 10-04-2006, 03:13 PM   #2
whoscalling
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

I have to ask,,,

If you were using a treo you probably have your address book on Outlook. If this is the case you do not need Verizon to transfer your address book. You do that yourself with the Blackberry desktop software.

Also your browsing and email problems sounds very much like your service books have not been sent. If you have set your BIS account up, log into it and click the "Send service books" button.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:20 PM   #3
jungleland
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoscalling
I have to ask,,,

If you were using a treo you probably have your address book on Outlook. If this is the case you do not need Verizon to transfer your address book. You do that yourself with the Blackberry desktop software.

Also your browsing and email problems sounds very much like your service books have not been sent. If you have set your BIS account up, log into it and click the "Send service books" button.

Correct on both counts....Sounds like everyone involved was completely clueless
Old 10-04-2006, 03:20 PM   #4
mjb1206

Model: 7250

Thanks For The Advice:

The "service books" were sent to it, an uncountable amount of times. Between all the re-sets, and garbage they had me doing, I know they were set several times.

My contacts are saved through the Verizon wireless sync. I did not sync they with my Outlook. The Verizon wireless sync will not work with the Blackberry.

Matt
Old 10-04-2006, 03:22 PM   #5
jgb@etree
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: VZW

I've never used their wireless sync, but see if you can export the contact data into a CSV or other type of file that you can import into outlook. Once you get them into outlook, you're all set to sync
Old 10-04-2006, 04:07 PM   #6
TreyS
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: VZW

I would try exporting your contats as well. I saved mine as vCard and imported them into Notes the synched the address book. It took all of 1 minute to do it.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:17 PM   #7
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

There's a PDA address book transfer application on the Blackberry CD that ships with the unit. I used that to transfer my friend's Treo to his new blackberry. Worked fine but requires 2 USB ports with the BB and Treo connected.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:36 PM   #8
SprintGuyUGA
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: n/a

the fact that you said there was no browser icon sounds like Verizon didn't add your BB data plan. Iis it possible they added regular internet to your account and didn't realize the huge difference?
Old 10-04-2006, 07:47 PM   #9
illmaticone
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e

i would go to a local verizon store to make the exchange!
Old 10-04-2006, 07:57 PM   #10
Greg8700G
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700G

I would tell verizon to shove it and get a new phone company

WOW....Addicition! I LOVE MY BLACKBERRY 8700G!
Pin: 23D638E7
Old 10-04-2006, 08:29 PM   #11
junior1790
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb1206
Thanks For The Advice:

The "service books" were sent to it, an uncountable amount of times. Between all the re-sets, and garbage they had me doing, I know they were set several times.

My contacts are saved through the Verizon wireless sync. I did not sync they with my Outlook. The Verizon wireless sync will not work with the Blackberry.

Matt
if you use wireless sync, i cannot see why your contacts would not be in outlook, unless you dont have outlook but the whole point of wireless sync is to sync with something, i.e. outlook, lotus.. wireless sync is not supposed to work with the blackberry, thats what the desktop software is for, get your contacts in outlook and your all set, desktop manager will sync aoutomatically. Also the advice about VZW not having added the bb unlimited plan may very well be true. i understand that you were on the phone with them for 3 1/2 hours but like you said they are somewhat "slow"..
Old 10-04-2006, 08:32 PM   #12
junior1790
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg8700G
I would tell verizon to shove it and get a new phone company
since you a 8700G i assume you have t-mobile. How you can tell someone to shove verizon for t-mobile is amazing, seeing as though t-mobile ranks the lowest of ANY cellular providor in the history cdma/gsm service???
Old 10-04-2006, 08:34 PM   #13
illmaticone
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior1790
since you a 8700G i assume you have t-mobile. How you can tell someone to shove verizon for t-mobile is amazing, seeing as though t-mobile ranks the lowest of ANY cellular providor in the history cdma/gsm service???

I knew this was gonna happen ;p
Old 10-04-2006, 10:29 PM   #14
cdd543
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

All the bases have been covered here..pretty easy. Sounds to me like data might not have been provisioned properly..as mentioned. One of the great things about having a smartphone is the ability to back up on your own pc so you never have to step foot in a retail store to talk to a drone.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:33 AM   #15
jimmybob1

Model: 8703

I had same problem lost browser icon suddenly and emails took 6 hours and were erratic some came some didn't I deleted service books in options,advanced options, did hard reset and everything back to normal browser icon and emails come instantly now sounds like same trouble but I see that was posted
Closed Thread