BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
Cravenfan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default SiriusXM Blackberry App - WiFi use?

Please Login to Remove!

Does the Blackberry app from Sirius use WiFi? In most of the apps I've downloaded, in the settings, you can choose if you want to use WiFi as an option. I've searched online and here in the forum and I can't seem to find a definative answer? Also, it does not show "WiFi" on the screen when in use. I'd have to guess it does not use it.

My plan is unlimited through work, but they also send out a monthly ussage report for some reason, which sometimes makes my Blackberry addiction look out of whack to the other guys who hardly even turn their BB on.

Anyway, thanks for the answer...
Old 05-11-2011, 11:05 PM   #2
richdocekal
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
Carrier: Rogers, T-Mobile, Verizon, Locus
Default Re: SiriusXM Blackberry App - WiFi use?

I can't get mine to connect with anything but wifi. When I have wifi off or are not in a wifi zone, it says that i cannot connect.

8900 Rogers ultd
Old 05-23-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
Cravenfan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: SiriusXM Blackberry App - WiFi use?

Seems like I can get it to work either way, I can turn off WiFi and it works on 3G, or vice versa. However, many programs have an options "WiFi, then mobile". It also looks like when I switch to my Torch, I'm screwed either way, as there is no SirusXM app for that! Ugg!