BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 02:00 AM   #41
williamxi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: rogers

Please Login to Remove!

EasyDialer is free for you to download and try. It's a 7-day full function trial version.

If you need more time to try it, just download again when it's expired. However, you have to add all calling card settings.

Once you have purchased and activated EasyDialer, all your calling card settings will survive through version upgrade, device reboot.

William
Old 05-17-2009, 05:35 AM   #42
x14
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Excellent upgrade.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:19 AM   #43
sesme
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Default google voice question

I don't feel like finding my way thru. GV has got me tweaking dizzy.
Could someone provide me the steps to setting up easydialer to dial thru my google voice account?

Thanks to all.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:03 PM   #44
williamxi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default EasyDialer is in promotion: US$9.99 before May 31

EasyDialer is updated to 2.3, which has better support for callback service.

It allows the callback call number different from the outgoing call number. For example, you called 1234567, then the callback is from 7654321.

EasyDialer is in promotion now. Price is only $9.99 before May 31, 2009.

More functions, cheaper price! Hurry up!

Calling Card Dialer -- Free Trial Version BlackBerry Dialer, BlackBerry Google Voice Dialer, Callback Dialer, Prefix Dialer
Old 05-20-2009, 09:29 PM   #45
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamxi View Post
EasyDialer is updated to 2.3, which has better support for callback service.

It allows the callback call number different from the outgoing call number. For example, you called 1234567, then the callback is from 7654321.

EasyDialer is in promotion now. Price is only $9.99 before May 31, 2009.

More functions, cheaper price! Hurry up!

Calling Card Dialer -- Free Trial Version BlackBerry Dialer, BlackBerry Google Voice Dialer, Callback Dialer, Prefix Dialer
OTA link is still 2.2
Old 05-20-2009, 09:55 PM   #46
williamxi
Thumbs Must Hurt

It is 2.3 indeed.

Just the .jad file is not updated for some reason, but .cod file is 2.3.

Anyway, the problem is fixed now.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:10 PM   #47
williamxi
Thumbs Must Hurt

$9.99 Promotion extends to June 10, 2009. Because EasyDialer 2.3 was approved in App World on May 30.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:50 PM   #48
Avisionary

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Hi William

Great application! I sent a suggestion to your sales email address but I though I would post it here in case anyone else feels the same way.

I use a pre-paid calling card for long distance but I may use it in different cities and therefore have different access numbers. I have set up a different 'card' in EasyDialer for each access number and labeled them with the city I want to use it in. When the calling card runs out of $$, I have to change the PIN in each card entry. It would be nice in future versions to be able to set this up so I can enter the PIN only once and it will be used in each of the 'cards'.

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2009, 09:35 PM   #49
sdine

Model: 8900

hi william,

i was using a SE G900 previously and enjoyed the built in calling card feature.

today i dl the easydialer program and below are my thoughts:

with the se built in program, i was allowed to set my # of pauses, but I noticed that with the easydialer it automatically pauses with 3 seconds which i find too much of a pause.

also, there is a small bug with the smart dial rules, i have 2 rules set:
0. i set 4 telephone #s with "dont dial with calling card rule" it randomly works.
1. dial with calling card for any outgoing calls

hopefully there is a patch to fix this minor problem. aside from that, my first day of easydialer was great!!

keep up the good work!

cheers
Old 06-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #50
williamxi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hi sdine,

The 3 seconds pause is defined by BlackBerry OS for accessing office extensions, not by EasyDialer. You may follow below steps to try other options like My Response and Direct Dial. Sorry I'm not sure what they mean exactly, but it may shorten the pause time.

- Open Phone Log Screen
- Click menu "Options".
- Click Smart Dial
- Try to change "Wait For" values.

Regarding Smart Dial rules, please tell me your detailed rules and which one randomly work. If there is a bug I'll surely fix it and update release.

Let me guess your problem-- are you adding a rule like "Don't dial with calling card for local phone numbers starts with area code aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd"? If yes, you must also add another for numbers with country code, 1aaa, 1bbb, 1ccc, 1ddd. Hope it's helpful.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:02 PM   #51
williamxi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisionary View Post
Hi William

Great application! I sent a suggestion to your sales email address but I though I would post it here in case anyone else feels the same way.

I use a pre-paid calling card for long distance but I may use it in different cities and therefore have different access numbers. I have set up a different 'card' in EasyDialer for each access number and labeled them with the city I want to use it in. When the calling card runs out of $$, I have to change the PIN in each card entry. It would be nice in future versions to be able to set this up so I can enter the PIN only once and it will be used in each of the 'cards'.

Thanks!
Very reasonable requirement! I've added it into my TO-DO list.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #52
williamxi
Thumbs Must Hurt

I got some report that EasyDialer Smart Dial doesn't work on OS 4.6.0.266. Menu Dial works but callback is not answered automatically.

I have tried to work around it but no way. I can only suggest to change to other OS, like 4.6.0.247.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:19 AM   #53
MyPearl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700

William - Not sure if this is a limitation of the S/W or the BB APIs but here it is...

When i dial from my address book, i usually start typing the person's name. The BB starts showing matches where you can scroll and dial the appropriate number... When i try to use EasyDialer, i get the following message: "Phone number is no retrievable due to BlackBerry API limitation. Do you want to search the Address Book?"

Not sure if this message is coming from the S/W or the the OS...
Old 06-12-2009, 01:25 AM   #54
williamxi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPearl View Post
William - Not sure if this is a limitation of the S/W or the BB APIs but here it is...

When i dial from my address book, i usually start typing the person's name. The BB starts showing matches where you can scroll and dial the appropriate number... When i try to use EasyDialer, i get the following message: "Phone number is no retrievable due to BlackBerry API limitation. Do you want to search the Address Book?"

Not sure if this message is coming from the S/W or the the OS...
Because of OS problem, EasyDialer cannot get a contact number from search result, so it shows the message, and provide a button to open address book.

EasyDialer version 2.3 supports Smart Dial, which allows you to speed-dial, dial from phone pad, or dial from search result. Have you tried it?

Please visit Calling Card Dialer -- Free Trial Version BlackBerry Dialer, BlackBerry Google Voice Dialer, Callback Dialer, Prefix Dialer

Last edited by williamxi; 06-12-2009 at 01:28 AM..
Old 06-12-2009, 01:30 AM   #55
williamxi
Thumbs Must Hurt

EasyDialer joined Twitter! Please follow up for any update.

EasyDialer (EasyDialer) on Twitter
Old 06-12-2009, 01:37 AM   #56
MyPearl

Quote:
Because of OS problem, EasyDialer cannot get a contact number from search result, so it shows the message, and provide a button to open address book.

EasyDialer version 2.3 supports Smart Dial, which allows you to speed-dial, dial from phone pad, or dial from search result. Have you tried it?

Please visit Calling Card Dialer -- Free Trial Version BlackBerry Dialer, BlackBerry Google Voice Dialer, Callback Dialer, Prefix Dialer
Thanks for the response. I downloaded the s/w 30 mins ago so did not have a chance to try Smart Dial... working on it now.

Edit: Can not seem to get smart dial to work... i even tried creating rule 0 as Block the call if dest number is <empty> (left the field blank) and i am still able to make phone calls

Last edited by MyPearl; 06-12-2009 at 01:46 AM..
Old 06-12-2009, 08:18 AM   #57
williamxi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPearl View Post
Thanks for the response. I downloaded the s/w 30 mins ago so did not have a chance to try Smart Dial... working on it now.

Edit: Can not seem to get smart dial to work... i even tried creating rule 0 as Block the call if dest number is <empty> (left the field blank) and i am still able to make phone calls
what's your os version? 4.6.0.266?

please send email to [email address]. You'll get faster reply than posting in this thread.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:53 PM   #58
MyPearl

Quote:
what's your os version? 4.6.0.266?

please send email to [email address]. You'll get faster reply than posting in this thread.
Platform 2.7.0.85
App Version: 4.5.0.102
Old 06-12-2009, 08:03 PM   #59
MyPearl

A battery pull did the trick. Working now. any ideas?

A couple of questions:

1) The instructions for the smart dial rule state the following: Format is <prefix> and/or <country code> and/or <area code> followed by any number.

The order is confusing to me. Say i want to block calls to a number (767-213-4432) or several numbers. If i create a rule as

a) to block all 213 prefixes, it does not work
b) to block asll 767 area codes, it works..
c) or i can block all 767213 numbers. it works.

so my point is, i think you need to maintain the order from left to right. which is not what the instrucitons say.

2) For the above to work, i have to remove the country code which was set to +1 under the BB Smart Dialing features (options menu in call log screen).
If i keep set to +1 which i like it to be there for obvious reasons, then non of the examples above work and the only to block the call is to block numbers starting with 1767213
Old 06-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #60
MyPearl

A couple of requests..

a) Add a password to the application so that no one can mess with the settings. Say i am blocking international numbers...

b) ability to export calling card and smart rules in case i own multiple copies and do not want to set up each family phone from scratch...
Closed Thread