Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 02:25 PM   #1
kenmosesian

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default New Mac/BB User - Basic Mail Questions

Please Login to Remove!

Hello - new to the forum. I'm a Verizon user and am purchasing an 8830 this month. I'm an individual user and will be using BIS. It will be my first BlackBerry - actually my first smart phone of any kind. I've been reading through the posts and have figured out that PocketMac and Mark/Space both offer syncing capabilities to varying degrees of success. It seems that they both handle iCal and Address Book pretty well.

My question, which I feel a bit foolish asking, is about Mac Mail on my MacBook. I have 5 email accounts, and from what I understand, I can configure up to 10 on the 8300. Will my email appear on the BB as well as in my Mac Mail? PocketMac says it syncs Mail - does that mean that it will do such things like mark as read those items I've viewed on my 8300 and that sent items from my BB will be copied into Mac Mail? As for Mark/Space, I don't see any mention of email syncing. I now feel more than a bit foolish, but would appreciate any help on the Mail questons that you're willing to give. Thanks in advance. Ken
Old 05-01-2007, 04:26 PM   #2
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmosesian View Post
My question, which I feel a bit foolish asking, is about Mac Mail on my MacBook. I have 5 email accounts, and from what I understand, I can configure up to 10 on the 8300. Will my email appear on the BB as well as in my Mac Mail?
Yes, your BIS account can link up to 10 e-mail accounts. All messages will be delivered to your normal e-mail account in addition to the Blackberry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmosesian View Post
PocketMac says it syncs Mail - does that mean that it will do such things like mark as read those items I've viewed on my 8300 and that sent items from my BB will be copied into Mac Mail? As for Mark/Space, I don't see any mention of email syncing. I now feel more than a bit foolish, but would appreciate any help on the Mail questons that you're willing to give. Thanks in advance. Ken
I think you've misread a bit. E-mail NEVER syncs on a Blackberry. E-mail is delivered to a Blackberry via BIS, BES, or Desktop Redirector. There is no way to sync mail using any type of desktop software such as Pocketmac or Mark/space Missing Sync.

Last edited by penguin3107; 05-01-2007 at 04:27 PM..
Old 05-01-2007, 04:36 PM   #3
kenmosesian

Many thanks - I appreciate your assistance.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:28 AM   #4
Jeff.H
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8110
Carrier: The "new" AT&T.... same old Cingular

Huh? PocketMac allows you to sync mail between the mac and the BB. I was overjoyed when I found this function after years of not having it on windows.

I used to have to CC myself on any replies so I could keep a record of them on the PC. Now I dont have to do that.

Check the Email tab in PocketMac, you will see an option "copy blackberry inbox/sent messages to" (OSXMail or Entourage Mail). The advance preferences gives you the options to sync mail received on device to inbox and sync mail sent from device to sent folder.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:44 AM   #5
fiffer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

welcome to the forums
Old 05-09-2007, 09:49 PM   #6
kenmosesian

Hi Jeff,

From your response, PocketMac allows you to sync between the mac and the BB. Does that hold true for multiple accounts in OSX mail? And given the number of people who say PocketMac is unreliable, are you using it with success?

Thanks,

Ken
Closed Thread