BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 11:08 AM   #1
ScOObydoo
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Curve
Carrier: tmo
Default 7100t email receiving problems - a REAL problem.....

Please Login to Remove!

OK, so now at least once a day I notice I'm not getting my messages on my 7100t, after a power cycle the device starts downloading right away.

IMHO RIM has a REAL problem here, Berries have always been so reliable, and with this problem they have obviously messed up somewhere...
Old 10-11-2004, 12:19 PM   #2
sempai
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8xxx
Carrier: T-Mobile, US

I don't think so.

I think T-Mobile is just incompetant.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:49 PM   #3
buckZor
Thumbs Must Hurt

I've been having to Turn OFF and back ON the Wireless on some days.. Wondering if it has something to do with the Automatic ON/OFF feature, which I use. Next time it effects you just try cycling the Wireless. Are you using the Automatic ON/OFF ??
Old 10-11-2004, 12:50 PM   #4
JMF0
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO

I too think this is a MAJOR issue. For introducing a new device to a new market demographic TMO is sure letting down RIM.

I have to turn my wireless off and then on again at least twice a day - seems the connection to my BWC account drops despite having full strength on GPRS...it just drops and the only way to "reconnect" for me is to turn wireless off and on again.....then I get a flood of emails......

Not ideal by any means and definitely not PUSH email.....I remember when TMO first rolled out the 7230s they had a similar problem that eventually went away....you would think they could get it right this time around!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 05:49 PM   #5
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Since RIM writes all of the code, I think RIM is responsible for the bugs, inconsistencies, documentation errors, etc. In their efforts to keep this "hush hush" RIM rushed it to the market without adequate testing, and it shows. Same as the 5810.

Shades of Microsoft; wait for Service Pack 3.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:00 PM   #6
masonfoley
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default This is pretty serious...

Not to be chicken little or an alarmist but there is a growing swell of users at different BBS sites that I have skimmed and this issue is one of the most prominent ones. I too have had to "cycle" the device on occasion when I've noticed I haven't received emails in a while. Every now and then, I will force the issue by sending myself an email from a windows email client to see if it pokes through.

This has happened at least three times in the week that I have owned the deivce...at least that I have noticed. In my opinion, RIM and TMobile both bear the responsibility here. If they entered into an agreement to license their OS and hardware to a provider with the mutual intention of generating revenue (and using RIM's relatively solid brand name in the process), they have a responsibility (and the market's reasonable expectation) to produce better quality than this.

I have experienced other glitches as well. For example, my ear speaker on the phone itself quit working on me earlier this evening (not the speaker phone...but the tiny speaker in the unit that you put up to your ear in typical usage). I would call my home number because I tried calling a friend's number and I could never hear it ring or hear them pick up (unless I activated the speaker). I thought the number I was calling was dead. The volume indicated 75% at the time of these calls and I throttled it to 100% during these tests as well...still nothing. I "answered" my home phone and spoke but didn't hear it on my 7100t. I cycled the unit by removing the battery and replacing and sure enough, the unit was fully functioning again. Boggles the mind...

Given the incident rate at which I have encountered various glitches and the smattering of reports on the internet, I have a strong impression this product was not ready for market. RIM and TMobile need to acknowledge these issues and do what they can to get a package to the market to resolve these issues...which are pretty much inexcusable. People purchase a Blackberry because they KNOW they will get any email, anytime, anywhere there is coverage. (That's why I waited 4 years to purchase a phone of this type)

This is bordering on ludicrous irresponsibility...if not negligence.

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. No Nation could preserve it's freedom in the midst of continual warfare." -- James Madison.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:56 PM   #7
Fireproof
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
PIN: Montblanc
Carrier: T-Mobile

Add me to the list of people having to cycle to get emails. I usually notice it when I can't connect to the internet. I cycle the wireless off, then on, then I can get to the internet. Sometimes a batch of emails will come through too.

VERY discouraging...especially since I love everything else about the 7100.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:01 PM   #8
barjohn
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700

Tonight I have my first new SERIOUS problem. I took out the battery to reboot the unit and now it only goes as far as showing the ...T..Mobile. and won't complete the boot up no matter what I do. Any ideas?

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535
Old 10-11-2004, 10:09 PM   #9
masonfoley

Default I hate to ask...

....how long has it been like that?

Is it still connected via USB? Try disconnecting it if that's the case.

How long did you leave the battery out? Shouldn't need more than a few seconds in my opinion. Maybe 5-10 seconds is a good rule of thumb.

Make sure none of the keys are stuck or the ESC button.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. No Nation could preserve it's freedom in the midst of continual warfare." -- James Madison.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:15 PM   #10
canesfins
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
Carrier: BTC

It seems to happen with me on internet only, my BES and webmail still come through. I bet it is a T Mobile issue.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:39 PM   #11
barjohn

I have played iwth all of the buttons and none are stuck. I finally got the manager to connect with the device and it removed all app back to base unit and I am seeing if ti will boot up now. It is taking forever so I don't know if that worked right or helped.

Active PIN 203A5535
Old 10-11-2004, 11:44 PM   #12
barjohn

I finally had to wipe all the files and data and reload the system and it finally came back up. Not a good sign. I hope I don't get a repeat.

Active PIN 203A5535
Old 10-11-2004, 11:51 PM   #13
masonfoley

Default You hate that...

...because you'd like to know what caused the problem.

Old 10-15-2004, 10:43 PM   #14
koolio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Just echoing comments about the unreliable delivery of BWC emails others have mentioned. This wasn't an issue for me until today. Tmobile told me RIM is doing some infrastructure work to resolve this email lag or lack of delivery, today, but don't know when they'll complete it.

This is my first BB and was VERY impressed the first few days I've had (just got it this past Monday) but having to cycle the wireless signal once or twice a day to get emails is ridiculous. Hopefully, this is a 'new device rollout issue' and will be resolved once Tmobile gets everything working smoothly for this device. If not, it will really hamper the BlackBerry name as well as Tmobile's reliability.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:36 PM   #15
whoscalling

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

I too was on the phone with T-Mobile and they don't have a clue.

They first started telling me that it has only been a problem since last night, and that the problem is only "a delay in receiving"- I have emails waiting on the BWC since Oct 10

Some messages are sent while others are not. I thought it was only a delay so i checked my BWC and there were 203 unread (or should i say undelivered) messages.

I would call this a delay!

We checked my 7100t and everything is set and working properly on my device.

The most annoying point of it all was they offered me a $5.00 credit or 50 minutes and kept blaming RIM system.

Is it RIM or T-Mobile???
Closed Thread