BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 11:10 AM   #1
chris1970
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Default How do I reinstall 8700c software?

Please Login to Remove!

I followed the instructions here to "upgrade" my BB software to the Bharti version so I could access addditional images and themes, but I would like to go back to the original software version, a down rev, that came on the device. How do I do this? --ck
Old 03-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #2
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

Unistall the Bharti version from your PC via the control panel, then reinstall the version that came with your BB on the cd if you did not leave it on the PC when you installed the Bharti version. Then connect your BB to the PC, start the desktop manager, and run the application loader, it should ask you if you want to downgrade. Make sure you do make a backup of your data, and realize that you will have to reset the settings for third party apps. Good Luck.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 03-24-2006, 02:44 PM   #3
chris1970

Thank you!
Old 03-24-2006, 02:58 PM   #4
KonTiki

Let us know your progress and you are welcomed.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 03-24-2006, 06:04 PM   #5
SilverSurfer95
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800r
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
Unistall the Bharti version from your PC via the control panel, then reinstall the version that came with your BB on the cd if you did not leave it on the PC when you installed the Bharti version. Then connect your BB to the PC, start the desktop manager, and run the application loader, it should ask you if you want to downgrade. Make sure you do make a backup of your data, and realize that you will have to reset the settings for third party apps. Good Luck.
Hey guys,

Is there an FAQ for Bharti? Like what are the benefits, where to get it, etc?

Thanks
Old 03-24-2006, 06:30 PM   #6
lgreenberg

Model: 8310
PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer95
Hey guys,

Is there an FAQ for Bharti? Like what are the benefits, where to get it, etc?

Thanks
Most of the features and benefits are mixed within this thread:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=26764
Old 03-24-2006, 09:25 PM   #7
chris1970

Quote:
Let us know your progress and you are welcomed.
KonTiki, I went back down to my neighbor's condo and tried to reset my device again. It worked PERFECTLY this time on the first try. Perhaps it was the wine I had with dinner, or all the beer I had after dinner that "fogged" things up for me last night.

Thanks for your help. I am now back on the "C" software and I am very happy!

-ck
Old 03-24-2006, 09:43 PM   #8
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Congrats but why did you want to do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1970
KonTiki, I went back down to my neighbor's condo and tried to reset my device again. It worked PERFECTLY this time on the first try. Perhaps it was the wine I had with dinner, or all the beer I had after dinner that "fogged" things up for me last night.

Thanks for your help. I am now back on the "C" software and I am very happy!

-ck
Old 03-24-2006, 10:03 PM   #9
KonTiki

Glad it worked for you. next time dont drink and drive, eh.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 03-25-2006, 12:12 AM   #10
chris1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Congrats but why did you want to do this?
The 8700c software version is 100% compatible with my BlackBerry on the Cingular network. The Bharti software is cool with the additional themes and backgrounds, but it was sluggish on my handheld and while the new themes were nice I did not choose to use them. It's best to stick with the official "sanctioned" software for your carrier.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:56 AM   #11
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Sluggish is a relative term. Changing profies - Bharti wins hands down. Choosing apps, Bharti again IMO. I find zipping around with the clean interface a breeze. Nothing was so slow, like my 7100, that makes that much difference. AND I am glad you are happy with your choice and got it done.

Quote:
The 8700c software version is 100% compatible with my BlackBerry on the Cingular network. The Bharti software is cool with the additional themes and backgrounds, but it was sluggish on my handheld and while the new themes were nice I did not choose to use them. It's best to stick with the official "sanctioned" software for your carrier.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:18 AM   #12
chris1970

Smile

Quote:
Sluggish is a relative term. Changing profies - Bharti wins hands down. Choosing apps, Bharti again IMO. I find zipping around with the clean interface a breeze. Nothing was so slow, like my 7100, that makes that much difference. AND I am glad you are happy with your choice and got it done.
Stinsonddog,
Actually the Bharti software had only one issue: when I changed themes my screen would lock for about 7-10 seconds before I could move the cursor, no big deal really. Here's the HONEST reason I switched back: I am still new to BlackBerry and even though BlackBerryForums.com is an AWESOME site, I still depend on Cingular's technical assistance and it's better, for now anyway, to stick with their software version.

Make no mistake about it, I would much rather have the Bharti software on my device, but as the saying goes, you gotta learn to walk before you run!

--ck
Old 03-25-2006, 11:26 AM   #13
KonTiki

Well Chris as much as this may seem a bit uneasy to you at the moment, I will tell you this, the people at this forum combined not only have much more technical knowledge than the whole Cingular staff but are generaly faster, friendlier and more reliable. I get all my help from the forums, the only times I have gone to VZW tech support have been for provisioning of the EVDO and replacement of a unit under warranty.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 03-25-2006, 06:13 PM   #14
chris1970

Quote:
Well Chris as much as this may seem a bit uneasy to you at the moment, I will tell you this, the people at this forum combined not only have much more technical knowledge than the whole Cingular staff but are generaly faster, friendlier and more reliable. I get all my help from the forums, the only times I have gone to VZW tech support have been for provisioning of the EVDO and replacement of a unit under warranty.
Kontiki, you are right, there is a wealth of info here, and I have used much of it so far, but sometimes it's quicker to dial amn 800 number and ask a specific question to a human being. That doesn't mean you'll get the right answer, but when you do, it's nice.

-ck
Old 03-26-2006, 07:55 PM   #15
SilverSurfer95
Thumbs Must Hurt

You folks are nothing short of AMAZING!!!!

I get more intel out of this forum than any tech support in the world. THANK YOU ALL.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:34 PM   #16
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Yes to change themes, alot of settings much change so that is normal. Will you be running at 30 posts. If so put Bharti back. Heck since you changed OS you are running already.
Quote:
Stinsonddog,
Actually the Bharti software had only one issue: when I changed themes my screen would lock for about 7-10 seconds before I could move the cursor, no big deal really. Here's the HONEST reason I switched back: I am still new to BlackBerry and even though BlackBerryForums.com is an AWESOME site, I still depend on Cingular's technical assistance and it's better, for now anyway, to stick with their software version.

Make no mistake about it, I would much rather have the Bharti software on my device, but as the saying goes, you gotta learn to walk before you run!

--ck
Old 03-26-2006, 08:41 PM   #17
SilverSurfer95
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Yes to change themes, alot of settings much change so that is normal. Will you be running at 30 posts. If so put Bharti back. Heck since you changed OS you are running already.

I have been using Blackberry's since they came out. My first one was a 950! This is by far the best around. Truthfully, I did not really dig the Bharti that much. I am currently trying the Rogers one using the Bharti .alx file. I will let you know.
Closed Thread