Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 12:46 PM   #41
lgreenberg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

I know it sounds like I'm beating a dead horse but another nice feature of the Krusell cases is the fact that you can completely remove the belt clip. The horizontal ones have a standard belt loop clip on the back built in. The would solve your swivel problem.

Old 12-31-2005, 01:01 PM   #42
DocGo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: ask me via PM
Carrier: Rogers

Nice case! According to the Krusell website, the XS is the size that will fit the 8700 series.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:06 PM   #43
Sparkomatic
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: S & Needles
Carrier: I don't even know her

Covertec has universal cases now. I don't think they'll fit the 8700 but I thought they had a pretty nice thing on their site. You download a PDF that will show you the dimensions of each of their cases. The Large one is a little too narrow :(
Old 12-31-2005, 01:08 PM   #44
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: ATT

More Krusell info: http://www.krusell.se/searchResult.p...r%2Fc&x=13&y=3
Old 12-31-2005, 01:11 PM   #45
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

The magnet does more than turn off the display. It activates the in holster profile so if you use those like I do it is necessary.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:26 PM   #46
kildar
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
Default Fortte Cases

I ordered 15 of the horizontal cases and they sent me an email yesterday that they had shipped. I should have them weds. I'll let everyone know how they are. My experience with the Krussel case was the detachable clip didn't stay on my belt very good. My jacket would catch it and pull id off.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 12-31-2005, 01:46 PM   #47
lgreenberg

Ooo, I hope that means mine is being shipped soon too.

I'm afraid though if you had trouble with the Krusell swivel clip you won't like the Fortte either as they are quite similar.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:14 PM   #48
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

The magnet does more than turn off the display. It activates the in holster profile so if you use those like I do it is necessary.
Do you know where I can find a description of this feature for the 8700?

Thanks
Old 12-31-2005, 02:38 PM   #49
deezmfnutz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: STORM
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog

Turns off the display, puts the phone into holster mode, and locks most the keys (thumbwheel etc) so that the phone doesn't "wake-up" with inadvertant button contact while holstered. For my usage I would not consider a BB case that does not have the sleeper magnet.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:30 PM   #50
tolwyn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Just wanted to write a quick note in regards to the Gizmo case. I was a 7780 user with a RIM OEM Leather holster up until two weeks ago when I was assigned a new 8700r.

Since I knew that the plastic holster was going to scratch up the unit, and not to mention, difficult to remove BB from -- I paid for one of the Gizmo cases and put in a note asking for express shipping. The contact person, which is on this thread, was very quick to communicate and offered to even meet me in Toronto if my case didn't arrive before I had to leave Calgary for my holidays in Toronto. Long story short, it didn't arrive in time but he went out of his way to meet me downtown Toronto to give me a case and letting me send the other back when I returned to Calgary.

The case's quality is very good. Very very soft and silky leather with a nice tight clip. The lining is very soft much like velvet so it should help prevent hte screen from any scratches while inside. My old RIM OEM leather holster for the 7780 was pretty tight. But when I was carrying my golf bag or other large items that accidentally knocked against it, it'd literally eject the 7780 out onto the pavement (well armoured RIM units I'd say) and obviously scratching it. The magnetic flap is pretty strong on this 8700 case and for that I'm pretty happy and sure it won't do what my old one used to do.

Anyhow, all I can say is that you'll definitely get your money's worth in excellent customer service, and quality of product.

Cheers.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:56 PM   #51
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Hopefully you got a revised version that will not suffer the defects some here have with their Gizmo cases.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:20 PM   #52
mroher

Model: 8300
Default Gizmo Case

My "new" Gizmo case came "unglued" today and I almost dropped my new 8700c at a college bowl game. It appears that this case wasn't stitched, but glued? I am very suprised, because until today I thought it was a great case. I just emailed Gizmo and I hope they act fast with a replacement.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:27 PM   #53
GizmoSkin
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 8900
Carrier: China Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroher
My "new" Gizmo case came "unglued" today and I almost dropped my new 8700c at a college bowl game. It appears that this case wasn't stitched, but glued? I am very suprised, because until today I thought it was a great case. I just emailed Gizmo and I hope they act fast with a replacement.

Hmm, I did not get an e-mail from you yet. Please resend it.

I know from your order date, you had a very early model... This definitely needs to be swapped out for the defect free version. Please contact me ASAP.

Thanks,

Dan
Old 01-02-2006, 09:40 PM   #54
mroher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoSkin
Hmm, I did not get an e-mail from you yet. Please resend it.

I know from your order date, you had a very early model... This definitely needs to be swapped out for the defect free version. Please contact me ASAP.

Thanks,

Dan
Dan,
What is your email? I will resend my concern with your case!
Old 01-02-2006, 09:43 PM   #55
GizmoSkin
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 8900
Carrier: China Mobile

Thanks for your comments Tolwyn. It was nice meeting you and I am glad you are happy with the product... Thank you everyone else for your comments also.

I don't want to take too much airtime up here until I become an official sponsor... But there seems to be concern around receiving one of these defective cases if you place an order with me or have done so recently.

Please rest assured that this problem occurred only with my first batch of cases. Since I have discovered the problem the entire first batch has been disposed of.

The problem was caused because of how quickly I pushed my factory to produce this first batch… I was the first off the mark with an 8700 case, however quality was inadvertently sacrificed. Being the first off the mark was great for GizmoSkin, but the results have been negated by replacement costs… Lesson learned!

If you placed an order before Dec-20th and you notice any defects with the case, please do not use it… Contact me personally and rest assured it will be swapped out.

[email address]

Thank you all!

Dan
Old 01-03-2006, 08:31 PM   #56
ChrisBenson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

Those gizmo cases looks slick. Nicer than the standard holster. I was waiting for a leather holster from RIM but I may just have to check out the gizmo case instead.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:38 PM   #57
mroher

Talking Gizmo Service

Just an FYI, I mentioned yesterday that I purchased the new Gizmo case for my 8700.It was defective after about a month's use. It was one of the earlier production models as mentioned, and I just wanted to say the the follow up service from the company is great. I should be getting my new case next week. Thanks for the service!!
Old 01-04-2006, 04:21 PM   #58
kildar

Well I have cases from fortte in hand (horizontal). I can say case quality is awesome, but the no loking swivel is not cool and the fact that it sticks out about 3/4 inch more than the stock isn't cool either.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 01-04-2006, 06:01 PM   #59
lgreenberg

When you say it sticks out more than the "stock" do you mean the plastic holster? Mine has shipped and should be here soon.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:58 PM   #60
kildar

yes the plastic holder.

Thank,
Tim
Closed Thread