Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 04:49 PM   #1
DJSAS4SHO

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Default Cingular 8700c - Instant Messenger & MP3 Ringtones

Please Login to Remove!

ATTENTION ALL CINGULAR USERS OF THE 8700c:

In order to get the web messenger clients and chat services to work, such as AIM, Yahoo Messenger, & MSN, etc. you have to call cingular and ask to have the data connect services added to your plan on top of the Blackberry Unlimited Connect Service. The data connect is a free add-on once you have the Blackberry Unlimited. Just explain to them that you want to be able to use the messenging clients and the customer service agent will assist you. The Data connect opens up the WAP port so you can connect to those services.

DONT ASK FOR WAP FEATURE ASK FOR THE DATA CONNECT ADD ON

You Must Input Manually before then:

1. Go to Settings
2. click > Options
3. click > Advanced Options
2. click > TCP
3. Input these WAP Settings (Case Sensitive)

APN: wap.cingular
Username for APN: [email address]
Password for APN: CINGULAR1

THIS SHOULD WORK IT WORKED GREAT FOR ME
I am using Webmessenger 2.3
GOOD LUCK!!!

MP3 RINGTONES
In Order to get MP3 Ringtones on your Blackberry you must:

1. Just find anysite to upload your ringtones or use a host site such as 3gupload.com. There is a charge I think for some of the services but I think the uploading of files is free though.

2. Make sure all your files are at least 32000Hz-16 Bit format or Higher. 44000Hz is the usual format though.

NOTE:
(a) You can only download mp3 ringtones from the Internet Browser not the Cingular Browser because the cingular browser has a 120k limit.

(b) In order to surpass the 120k limit that the Cingular Browser has use the Internet browser.

(c) So if u do find a site with MP3 ringtones they will not work unless they are made in the proper format. Thats why its better to make them yourself and find an upload site. It will download the improper format but will not play on your devices audio player.

(d) So sending mp3 files to your phone SMS or blackberry email address will not work as far as url downloads or attachments.

(e) When DL the mp3 files to your phone the browser will say loading at the bottom. Once loaded, the file is automatically saved to your tune library and will immediately start playing in your devices audio player.

Well I use 3G Upload and it works fine

When it comes to selecting your phone the blackberry is not listed, so just select a phone with MP3 Capabilities. I picked the S710a being that I still have that phone and still use it.

When you actually start uploading your personal files you will see something like this, Do this before pressing continue to every file you upload because it will not be compatible to the blackberry since its not listed as a device.

Upload a file to your personal storage space:
Choose a file to upload: [___________________] (Browse)

([+]More Options) <-------- CLICK HERE (continue)
once clicked you should see

Ringtone Cropping Options

Choose Start Time: [00] Stop Time: [30] (in seconds) disregard this

[]Do not format this file for my phone <----- click this option to keep your file as is

After doing this access your 3G Locker from your browser and enter your username and numeric pin. After that all your files should be readily available.

GOOD LUCK and enjoy your downloading

if you find any free host sites please let me know.

Last edited by DJSAS4SHO; 01-02-2006 at 01:33 PM..
Old 01-01-2006, 11:52 PM   #2
VidGameKing
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSAS4SHO
ATTENTION ALL CINGULAR USERS OF THE 8700c:

I have mastered the RAZR V3 and Now its time for me to master the Blackberry World

Thanks for the declaration. Finally DJSAS4SHO has decided to "master" the "Blackberry world"!!!! We will never use our blackberries the same again! He will come and conquer or world just as he has done in with the RAZER V3!!!!! Prepare yourself!!!! Prepare yourself!!!!! DJSAS4SHO will be ushering in the great and noble time of mastering the blackberry world!!!!

I feel mastered already!!!!!

Thanks for going over stuff we all already know!!!!
Old 01-02-2006, 12:57 AM   #3
cblk

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

I found it to be a helpful summary. This information has been mentioned but in bits and pieces across many messages.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:12 AM   #4
MegaBit

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblk
I found it to be a helpful summary. This information has been mentioned but in bits and pieces across many messages.
I agree- if he's going to devote himself to this task and share his information with us, I'll take it and offer appreciation. He does seem quite serious about this endeavor...
Old 01-02-2006, 01:23 AM   #5
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

Quote:
Originally Posted by VidGameKing
Thanks for the declaration. Finally DJSAS4SHO has decided to "master" the "Blackberry world"!!!! We will never use our blackberries the same again! He will come and conquer or world just as he has done in with the RAZER V3!!!!! Prepare yourself!!!! Prepare yourself!!!!! DJSAS4SHO will be ushering in the great and noble time of mastering the blackberry world!!!!

I feel mastered already!!!!!

Thanks for going over stuff we all already know!!!!

There is no need to flame someone that comes here and with only 3 post to his belt, post such a comprehensive and detailed piece of information. Even if the information has been strewn all over ten different other threads he took the time and put the effort in consolidating it making it very easy to read and follow. At the same time his efforts will probably save us having to hear again people asking the same questions ovr and over. His efforts ought to be commended, not scoffed VidGameKing. I would love to see more newbies coming in here and doing one hundredth of what he did in that post.

DJSAS4SHO, despite the flaming from that
insidious member of our community, I applaud your efforts and any additional information tht you can render to our group is appreciated and welcomed.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 01-02-2006, 02:18 AM   #6
VidGameKing

Model: 8800c

The information has already been consolidated:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=252
Old 01-02-2006, 04:48 AM   #7
rjharary

Model: Droid
Carrier: Bell South

Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Why must everyone be so mean? Some of you need to get a life.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:50 AM   #8
singlemanriot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: iPhn

DJSAS4SHO no offense but you might want to "master" the search feature first.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:16 PM   #9
DJSAS4SHO

It Might Information Yall Already Know But Yall Sure Make It Hard To Find. Yall Got It In Bits And Pieces All Over The Place. I Just Wanted To Make It Clear On How To Do Elementary Stuff. As Far As Mastering The Blackberry World I Will Eventually. Yall Just Watch Laugh Now But You Will See. My Lockheed Martin Skills Will Come Into Effective Real Soon. I Have Done Things To This Blackberry That Yall Wish Yall Could Have Done. Just Working On The Documentation And I Will Post.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:25 PM   #10
dwlace01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830

well i doubt "you've donoe things that we wish we could do". Im sure your degrees are valid but with all do respect there are people here with educations that make yours like crap. So dont go off declaring you are some blackberry God like you did in your last post, because i can assure you that anything that can be done with this blackberry so far, has been tried or done by someone in this community.

I'm not flaming you but i would suggest that posts llike your last ones go away so that you dont get flamed in the future. I am appreciative of the information you shared but i would tone down the co ckyness before it gets you somewhere you dont wanna be.

Thanks for the info!
Old 01-02-2006, 06:35 PM   #11
DJSAS4SHO

Your right I got a lil ahead of myself anyways I am going to tone it down. I do know where the search button is thanks
Old 01-02-2006, 08:06 PM   #12
14pups

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSAS4SHO
Your right I got a lil ahead of myself anyways I am going to tone it down. I do know where the search button is thanks
Your initial post was appreciated DJ.

Thanks.

PS AH, ...........never mind. I don't want to get some of the regular's panties all twisted up.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:36 PM   #13
sfo

Model: 8703e

Add me to the list of those who can't understand why you'd want to dump on a guy who's really trying to help.
Don't worry about toning anything down, DJSAS45HO...just be yourself and enjoy the forum like the vast majority of us do.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:09 PM   #14
Obsidiank
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800

It's one thing to try to help, its another thing to hand out advice on a much debated topic like as if your truth was the correct truth...and most importantly to do so without any regard that your information is incorrect.

We have enough contradictory information on this topic that we don't need another "THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT THREAD", that contradicts previous threads...

I for one have had my internet working...and I didn't do any of the things he described. Additionally, I have been on the phone with business support, online chat with tech support, blackberry support...and in all my conversations one thing is certain...at least for me...

UNL BB includes wap.cingular and simply entering the relevant tcp information is good to go...however...wap.cingular exists in mutiple profiles on cingular's systems...back in the day, it was possible to get UNL BB added to your plan, yet have wap.cingular not be active...

Additionaly, the internet will also work if you have data connect, Wireless Internet Express, and any number of other additional options added to your account...however, then the debates rolls in about which one will cost you money...

Everyone has had a different story and different experience and that is why professing your way as the true way is a little irresponsible...I like others can appreciate teh effort...but I can also understand the flaming..
Old 01-05-2006, 02:47 PM   #15
ntegrt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

Though I'm really not a newbie, I just don't say much, read mostly, but, thanks for a clear, clean, explanation DJSAS4SHO, much appreciated. I will be watching for your posts.
Closed Thread