No longer Registered.

Model: 8310
PIN: 243b2864
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmoney View Post
LOL..too funny.

I care about the integrity of my website..and the people who post their free themes there.
Thats evident but isn't at all possible that he may have people posting their free themes at his (yet developed) website? The assumption that he would do something unethical says a lot about how you view websites that aren't your own and the people who post their free themes there.

Quote:
By the way...its Themes4BB.com
Given that I received a PM alert in my mailbox from you this morning, I guess I registered there. I registered at a lot of sites the first week I bought my Curve. Looking at it, it is a nice site but I'm sure the OP is capable of having one also without stepping on others toes.

Quote:
If you want to see what I am talking about, visit sites like blackberryfreaks.com, paste.ws or freebbthemes.com They have all leached themes from various site (including mine) and reposted the Zip files of the themes, without giving credit to the author of the theme. The person that runs freebbthemes.com at least links to the themes on my site rather than just host the zip file.
I understand your argument and respect your point of view but that is not the point. As far as I know the OP doesn't run those sites, nor did he say he was going to follow that example. For you to just assume that he's going to says a lot about you and that is why I am leary of patronizing your site. I know your response will probably be that it is my prerogative but if you truly care about the integrity of your site and its users, you would not represent it in a negative light.

Quote:
As far is this person opening another site like that...he can do whatever he pleases..he just needs to know that there will be website owners and theme makers not happy with what he is doing...and they will ask him to remove the themes (not like it would ever happen...lord knows how many emails blackberryfreaks received).
Did he say he was going to open another site like that? Why would website owners and them makers be upset with what he is doing when he isn't DOING anything. He asked your opinion, gave his "business model", and got attacked for it. Please point out where he said he was going to take other people's themes without permission

Quote:
I know he did not do "anything wrong"..and was asking for an opinion..well Peter and I gave him our opinion...at least he took the time to ask an opinion before registering a domain, setting up some server..and firing away.
You didn't give your opinion of what he asked, you gave your opinion of what you assumed he was going to do. That is two different things. Next time maybe you'll ask questions and if (and only if) you get answers you don't like then you can jump down his throat for being unethical. With your attitude, that could be why other sites haven't felt bad about ripping you off.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #42
slmoney
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMobile

Dawg:

I'm sorry you feel that way. I guess it would be different if another site was stealing content from BBF that you would even care. Maybe I'll just copy and paste the entire BBF FAQ and post it on my site and call it my own...

Do you think the owner of this site would like that? All of the hard work that went into making the FAQ..stolen and placed on a site without credit given to the original author.

The point I was trying to make, is that as a site owner, I do not appreciate other BlackBerry theme sites popping up that steal themes from the original site.

I'm sure that Guess (Site owner of BBF) knows EXACTLY what I am talking about and may feel the same way. We put a lot of money and time into building forums with original content. Then a site comes along that is put together with free software like WordPress and hosted on a free web server...google ads to generate revenue...with content that you host on your forum.

Like I said before...I am only trying to protect the integrity of my site and its poster's content.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:53 AM   #43
slmoney
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMobile

Nothing like a good ol fashion pissing contest.

JWilliams...open up a blackberry forum/website... spend thousands of hours putting it together and designing themes for the website.

Have other sites start stealing your themes and posting them as your own...as soon as you have that done..you can comment on this subject.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #44
Jwilliams1008
No longer Registered.

Model: 8310
PIN: 243b2864

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Jwilliams... welcome to the BB Forums. On the whole everyone is quite friendly around here... you will find some like me who do express an opinion more vehemently than others. We just ask no personal attacks, and that is fine line only a very few people can't discern.
Thanks for the welcome. I am probably like you, I have my opinions, I stand by them, and I am not afraid to share them. I also go out of my way to make sure I am not personally attacking someone and share my opinion solely on the merit of the subject matter. I also try to stick up for the little guy against people who are unnecessarily heavy handed.

P.S. I know I'm new here but this might be a good time to lock the thread. I'm sure people who have further opinions can private message without the need for further posturing
Old 01-29-2008, 11:57 AM   #45
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

I agree with what's been said here. I don't even like some of my posts being copied and posted elsewhere. However, that being said, I do think maybe you guys were a little hard on this guy. He just wanted to do something to help and got hammered for it, IMO. Everyone is right, here. He asked a question and you guys gave him your answer. It was the correct answer but given a little bit harshly. Again, correct answers given by all but a little hard on a new guy.

Closing this thread.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:59 AM   #46
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

eh, you're an old guy, can they bash you harshly instead?
Old 01-29-2008, 12:06 PM   #47
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491

And to think, that I was only half way done with my popcorn.

Ooh well, looking for entertainment elsewhere.