Thumbs Must Hurt

Location: Land where Blackburr's grow off trees....not sure yet
Model: 8120
PIN: 24760E78
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spblat
I came to own a BlackBerry after being a SideKick user. I prefer my phones to be unreliable and maddening. Isn't that how it's supposed to be?
you are absolutely right, you shouldn't have to deal with a phone that doesn't work 50% of the time... the thing that amazes me is why you guys didn't return the phone if there were that many issues. what made you guys think it was going to get better?

with all due respect, i'm sure this did not happen overnight. IMO if this was going on and people ignored it then still kept the device then you were asking for it.... i am sure every carrier has a return/ satisfaction guarentee policy, am i right?
Currently using 8100 Pearl.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:09 AM   #42
JimmySwinger
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9balla4life
you are absolutely right, you shouldn't have to deal with a phone that doesn't work 50% of the time... the thing that amazes me is why you guys didn't return the phone if there were that many issues. what made you guys think it was going to get better?
I experienced the problem within the first week, sure. I work with a Windows operating system so I am used to bugs and I live with them for a bit. If a bug sticks around too long that I can't fix, I resolve it by reformatting and reinstalling the operating system or replacing the suspect hardware.

With this phone, I approached the problems as such, I guess. TMO reassured me that the problem is going to be resolved with a replacement phone, which I received later. Then another. That, mixed with my extremely packed schedule, eventually ended up being three months later.

Regardless of why people didn't return it, as there are plenty of valid reasons, I am more interested in why TMO won't acknowledge the defect with the phone and provide their customers with an alternate means of resolution rather than replacing the phone repeatedly with another defective model.

I don't think that is too much to ask.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:51 AM   #43
9balla4life
Thumbs Must Hurt

Sir,

I understand your frustration and you have my sympathies. I am not in any way trying to dismiss your feelings and opinions. IMHO, I believe that you have been on the short end of the stick as well as others who have purchased their device through TMO, what does TMO stand for? I know the first part stands for "T-mobile" but I can not figure out what the "O" stands for... But back to the subject at hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmySwinger
I experienced the problem within the first week, sure. I work with a Windows operating system so I am used to bugs and I live with them for a bit. If a bug sticks around too long that I can't fix, I resolve it by reformatting and reinstalling the operating system or replacing the suspect hardware.
You would think that a cellphone has the basic functions and "quick fixes" but I am sure that you know that a cell phone is much different when it comes to software. I don't know that much about the technical side of computers but I have basic knowledge and enough understanding to know that the software in Windows is much more sophistic than the software in our phones. Windows have been around long enough for there to be quick fix. You have the ability to check for bugs with a push of a simple buttom. With wireless, it either works or it doesn't. It's hard to believe that someone like yourself is shocked with this issue....

Quote:
With this phone, I approached the problems as such, I guess. TMO reassured me that the problem is going to be resolved with a replacement phone, which I received later. Then another. That, mixed with my extremely packed schedule, eventually ended up being three months later.
Think about a "car" if you think you have a problem with the performance of your car and you don't tend to that issue until it's gotten to a point that you are forced to take it to a shop or your car won't be operational. In many cases, the problem that you neglict will become worse as time progresses. Another example is when someone has a sore throat and they don't tend to their sore throat then it could lead to worse things. I hope that you understand what I am trying to say.

Quote:
Regardless of why people didn't return it, as there are plenty of valid reasons, I am more interested in why TMO won't acknowledge the defect with the phone and provide their customers with an alternate means of resolution rather than replacing the phone repeatedly with another defective model.
Again, I totally understand where you are coming from and you are absolutely correct to say that TMO should fix the issue once it has been known. Unless you have a petition signed by at lease 5000 or more people with this this same problem with the 7100T then TMO as well as RIM will blow you off like nothing has happened. I am sure as time goes on, RIM will develope a solution to this problem but unfortunately they will not give you an ETA. I have been in the wireless industry since I was 18, I have worked with SprintPCS, ATTWS, and I am currently working with Cingular. In my expereince with these companies with problematic phones, you will never get a resolution without going to battle with them. I don't think that TM has a solution to the problem, only RIM does. I believe that the issue is only with the 7100T if I am not mistaken, I say this because no other carrier seems to have these issues with their phones. [/quote]

Quote:
I don't think that is too much to ask.
In a perfect world this IS not too much to ask but this is not a perfect world. It really sounds like this is TMO's way of using this as an excuse and giving you the run around because it would cost them too much money to fix this issue.

Do not be upset and angry with TM for it is not their fault that the 7100T is defective. TM does not sell phones, they sell service.

I feel bad because you guys seem to be having many issues with getting in contact with a Blackberry rep, because I work for Cingular, I have a e-mail to the Blackberry Rep that we use... I am not suppose to give this to anyone but under the circumstances I believe that I am doing the right thing.

I may have a solution for you guys because being that I represent Cingular I have a BB contact e-mail addy but I don't want everyone to know it because it's against the business code of conduct but I am willing to provide that e-mail should you choose to send me a PIN message and I will reply with this reps e-mail... I can only do this for the first 10 people who PIN me... no charge of course.

Last edited by 9balla4life; 06-12-2005 at 04:59 AM..
Old 06-12-2005, 04:55 AM   #44
9balla4life
Thumbs Must Hurt

I hope that I don't get fired for this...
Old 06-12-2005, 05:00 AM   #45
spblat
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mo

There's probably nothing Tysha can do for us. And she would probably thank you not to post her e-mail address without permission.

But thanks for your interest.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:24 PM   #46
deputy5211

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossj52
I got our account rep to give us a credit for 500 bucks.... we're getting our 7290's via TMO on monday...... I love the 7100, but I can no longer continue to deal with this issue. Anyone looking for a couple of 7100's lemme know.
I'm just down the road from you in Coppell. Would be interested in your 7100's.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:57 AM   #47
9balla4life
Thumbs Must Hurt

7100G or T? how much?

sbplat they represent bb's and no matter if she likes it or not they are obligated to help all BB cust. I understand what you're saying and it's very nobel of you. However, I did not guarentee that she would be able to help you but I'm sure they wouldn't mind pointing you in the right direction.

P.S. She is the rep for all Northeast markets which means that she works with Verizon, TM, and Cingular.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:09 PM   #48
ckent

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Yesterday's response from RIM via T-Mobile. I think this is starting to turn into lip service.

"I wanted to provide you an update. RIM has isolated the issue and is working on the resolution. We are hoping to have that resolution in the coming days. I will keep you posted."
Old 06-16-2005, 10:33 AM   #49
harsaphes

Model: 8700
Carrier: tmobil

well soon isnt soon enough....i have to get rid of this phone. Last night again, reboot, finding network ect. Its really bad.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:18 PM   #50
JimmySwinger

Default Update

As of 6.23.5, 9am, we have collected a total of 28 signatures. Not bad for two weeks! Thanks to all who have signed the petition.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:36 PM   #51
hhh_fan

Model: 7100t
Default Petition

I have signed along with my 3 collegues.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:54 AM   #52
austinheat

Carrier: Tmobile
Angry Where can I find 3.8?

Someone asked earlier about rolling back from 4.0 to 3.8...but there's still no answer posted. I want to do the same thing because I'm tired of reboots and "unable to locate network" messages even after the phone comes back on. So, where can I download 3.8?

Incidentally, I deleted all of the IM crap that everyone has been citing as the cause of the problem; even after it was gone from the "Applications" list and the "Service Book" list, the reboot problem persists. I hope that's not being considered "THE fix" by RIM...
Old 06-30-2005, 02:03 AM   #53
austinheat

Carrier: Tmobile

Looks like I just found my own answer here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=8973
Old 06-30-2005, 11:45 AM   #54
pkodyssey

Default Don't believe it

It is a Siren drawing you in with beautiful song then when you least expect it...REBOOT!

PIN: 20299CB4
Old 06-30-2005, 03:41 PM   #55
authentication_key
Thumbs Must Hurt

upgrade is posted to fix this issue

t-mobile.com/bbupgrade
Old 06-30-2005, 07:28 PM   #56
romainr

I am lucky and never experienced the shut down issue during calls. My phone however takes minutes to recover network after loosing it.
I signed to show my support.
Romain
Old 07-01-2005, 01:09 PM   #57
JimmySwinger

Default Upgrade!

Am downloading now... won't be able to update until later tonight. If I can get one solid week of no reboot action, then I will let you know. Fingers crossed...
Old 07-06-2005, 03:07 AM   #58
JimmySwinger

I'm into day two of the software upgrade, and so far... NO REBOOTS!

(not) Holding my breath... I've seen this before! If I get a week of no reboots, I'll celebrate. AND I'll drop this thread like a dirty diaper.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:42 PM   #59
gposh

Thumbs down Same old same old

Hello All,
I usually stay in the shadows on forums but must speak up now. I have the same common issues/probs as you all with the 7100; the main one is the 'searching for network' mode that the phone goes into or drops the call you are on and then goes into. Reboot or sometimes you can turn off and on radio and it finds it and you are fine for a while. Then this update comes along. The phone acts differently, as in it finds the network on its own faster when it loses its network as before, but still loses it and drops my calls, and I occassionally look down at the phone and it searches for a quite a while, or I even have to reboot as before, SO all in all, that part is not much different for me, but now, I wake up in the morning or come back to the phone after a while to find it saying NO SERVICE. I reboot and it immediately finds service. I don't think this update solved this problem at all and I am surprised more people have not been reporting on it, but assume they are staying in the shadows as I have before. 7100 users, including JimmySwinger can you let us know how yours has been doing since the update? I could really use some help here. I now must sign the petition. Thanks all.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:49 PM   #60
JimmySwinger

Hello,

Well, since the upgrade, I have had no problems with the phone whatsoever! Not one single reboot.

Gposh, I think that your issue is being addressed on this thread:
http://blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=11422

Well, I am quite happy to say that since I'm not experiencing the problem any longer, I am not interested in carrying the banner for this thread any longer! If there is someone out there who is still experiencing these issues and would like to take over the thread, please do.

The latest update seems to have done the trick.

Thanks to all of you who helped with this...
Closed Thread