BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 10:20 PM   #61
Nextel User
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

a good friend of mine has been playing for weeks the same game. he is coming by later to let me screenshot it. almost 2 million points and in the 80x around.

pics to come soon. he wants to break that exact 5 million score in 1st place
Old 07-30-2008, 03:14 PM   #62
frytz

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TELUS

OK all you slackers, I'm sitting with 2758120 score and 1253 lives. The same game has been going for not quite a year. I play when I'm stuck in traffic, or in an elevator, or waiting for appointments. I call it my "wasted time meter" for all the down time I have. When I get to 3333330, I plan to end the game and submit a high score. I can't figure out why I always get a wrong password message when I try to submit my score though, any ideas?
Old 07-30-2008, 04:01 PM   #63
GingerKid416
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: 246616eb
Carrier: T-Mobile

wait.... you mean to tell me all along I thought BB stood for Blackberry.... man what a fool, I should have guessed it meant Brick Breaker
Old 09-29-2008, 09:38 PM   #64
honeybunn

Model: 8100
Carrier: ATT
Unhappy Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
I finally broke 30,000! Took over a year of playing on long plane trips. What an addicting game! Ended up at 31290. I momentarily saw 20 lives during the 2nd round through; first time I had ever seen that many lives. Game lasted the better part of 2 hours....
My high score is 1407930 and I have 188 lives left but the game froze up on me and now I have to start all over. I had made it through all 34 levels 80 times and it sucks having to start all over.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:41 PM   #65
honeybunn

Default BB Freezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by frytz View Post
OK all you slackers, I'm sitting with 2758120 score and 1253 lives. The same game has been going for not quite a year. I play when I'm stuck in traffic, or in an elevator, or waiting for appointments. I call it my "wasted time meter" for all the down time I have. When I get to 3333330, I plan to end the game and submit a high score. I can't figure out why I always get a wrong password message when I try to submit my score though, any ideas?
Have you ever had the game freeze on you or the ball go off the screen? I have a score of 1407930 with 188 lives left and the game has frozen and it really sucks. I am on the 80th time of making through all 34 levels and now i guess i have to start all over. Sometimes it would shot the ball and right when it hit the top of the screen it would say try and again but it would never take any of my lives when it would do that, do you know what causes it to do that by any chance?
Old 09-29-2008, 09:45 PM   #66
honeybunn

Default The Try Again Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem12345 View Post
I've learned many things since last week's post on the "Try Again?" issue. I was on a trip to Vegas and was getting 15-20 Try Again dialogs without loss of life on each level that I finally gave up and started a new game to see if the BB was broke or if that is simply part of the game.
1) If you select "New Game" and effectively cancel the current game, it will NOT update your Hi Score readout on your blackberry (ouch!). Instead of 1.2+ million, it still reads 30K...
2) The 3rd-76th times through the game are MUCH easier than the 1st and 2nd time through the game. I have played about 15 new games since cancelling the long-running game and have only gotten through the 1st 34 levels 4-5 times and never been able to get past the second pass.
3) The "Try Again" dialog has not happened at all since I started a new game.
4) The roller on the BB which I thought was going out and cost me about 50 lives (from 236 down to 170 before I gave up that game) works fine once I started a new game. When "broken", it seemed to move inconsistently and make the paddle jump instead of rolling smoothly.
So, to summarize my experience, I'm now convinced that the game has some built-in behavior to keep you from playing indefinitely. I started seeing this at around 1,000,000 and about 60 times through the game. I'm curious if others have seen similar behavior to confirm my beliefs.
I am having the same problem as you my current score is 1407930 and I have 188 lives and all I get when I shot the ball is TRY AGAIN so now I am having to start all over and it sucks!! So don't feel alone it must happen to alot of people.
Closed Thread