Old 01-24-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
BBAdmin
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: .
Carrier: .
Default Pink Blackberry Pearl Coming To Verizon Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

PINK BLACKBERRY PEARL COMING TO VERIZON WIRELESS
BASKING RIDGE, NEW JERSEY and WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Jan. 24, 2008) - Verizon Wireless, the company with the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, and Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM), a global leader in wireless innovation, announced today the availability of the BlackBerry(R) Pearl(TM) 8130 smartphone in pink. Coming to Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless tomorrow, the pink BlackBerry Pearl is packed with the same powerful communications features and wireless broadband connectivity as the original, but it comes encased in a new pink finish that's chic and sophisticated.

Perfect for the fashion-forward professional on-the-go, the BlackBerry Pearl 8130 in pink makes it easy to perform essential tasks away from the office, such as managing e-mail, and connecting instantly to the Internet, and it also lets customers take pictures, listen to music, watch videos, and much more. With built-in navigation to support the location-based application, VZ Navigator(SM), customers can get audible turn-by-turn directions to wherever they want to go. The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 also offers the following features and capabilities:

- Wireless broadband (EV-DO) connectivity for high-speed data transfers, perfect for fast Web browsing

- Premium phone features including Voice Activated Dialing, speakerphone, and noise and echo cancellation technology for clearer calls

- 2 megapixel camera with flash and 5x zoom, able to record video

- Advanced media player and enhanced desktop media manager software allowing customers to easily manage music, pictures and video between their PC and the BlackBerry Pearl 8130

- Externally accessible microSD(TM)/SDHC memory card slot

- Bluetooth(R) with support for hands-free headsets, stereo headsets, car kits, and other Bluetooth accessories

The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 smartphone in pink is available Friday for $199.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. An additional $100 credit toward the purchase of the device is available for customers who sign up for qualifying voice and data plans at the time of purchase. In addition, Verizon Wireless offers Nationwide E-mail and Web for BlackBerry customers, which includes unlimited data, for an additional $29.99 per month on top of a voice plan. The plan provides access to up to 10 supported POP3 and IMAP e-mail accounts via BlackBerry(R) Internet Service.

For more information on products and services from Verizon Wireless, visit Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless. Business customers may contact a Verizon Wireless Business Sales Representative directly at 1-800-VZW-4-BIZ.

About Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 63.7 million customers. The largest U.S. wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 68,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE:VOD) and (LSE:VOD). Find more information on the Web at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.

About Research In Motion (RIM)

Research In Motion is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. Through the development of integrated hardware, software and services that support multiple wireless network standards, RIM provides platforms and solutions for seamless access to time-sensitive information including email, phone, SMS messaging, Internet and intranet-based applications. RIM technology also enables a broad array of third party developers and manufacturers to enhance their products and services with wireless connectivity to data. RIM's portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies are used by thousands of organizations around the world and include the BlackBerry(R) wireless platform, the RIM Wireless Handheld(TM) product line, software development tools, radio-modems and software/hardware licensing agreements. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, RIM operates offices in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. RIM is listed on the Nasdaq Stock Market (NASDAQ:RIMM) and the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:RIM). For more information, visit Research In Motion or BlackBerry.

Forward-looking statements in this news release are made pursuant to the "safe harbor" provisions of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. When used herein, words such as "intend" and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on assumptions made by and information available to Research In Motion Limited. Investors are cautioned that such forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include, without limitation, possible product defects and product liability, risks related to international sales and potential foreign currency exchange fluctuations, the initiation or outcome of litigation, acts or potential acts of terrorism, international conflicts, significant fluctuations of quarterly operating results, changes in Canadian and foreign laws and regulations, continued acceptance of RIM's products, increased levels of competition, technological changes and the successful development of new products, dependence on third-party networks to provide services, dependence on intellectual property rights, and other risks and factors detailed from time to time in RIM's periodic reports filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, and other regulatory authorities. RIM has no intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited. RIM, Research In Motion and BlackBerry are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be pending or registered in other countries. All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. RIM assumes no liability and makes no representation, warranty or guarantee in relation to third party products or services.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:44 AM   #2
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

pink

blaech yuck

actually depends on the actual color shade etcx
Old 01-24-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
Demon
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: 304fcd63
Carrier: Verizon

Also a certain other VZW Blackberry in another color.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:30 PM   #4
StanTheMan

Model: 8703e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
Also a certain other VZW Blackberry in another color.
Details?
Old 01-25-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
chetzy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: o2 - uk

not a pink person, its most likely the pink version thats out in the uk
Old 01-25-2008, 02:13 PM   #6
jase0626
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: 319DE112
Carrier: VZW

It's HERE!
BB 7510 -> 7520 -> 7100i -> 7520 -> 8703e -> 8830 -> 8130
Old 01-27-2008, 06:10 PM   #7
Rainbowtyedye
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
PIN: 312902DF

Perfect for the fashion-forward professional on the go? Is that the same fashion-forward professional that takes notes in the boardroom with a pink pen with fuzzy stuff on the top?

I see a pink phone and I think of Legally Blonde.

I'll stick with my silver 8830 with the black rubberized cover. Thanks anyway.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:48 AM   #8
VirexInc
No longer Registered.

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrunner View Post
pink

blaech yuck

actually depends on the actual color shade etcx
its more like a soft pink, kinda like bubble gum, lol!! i am sure all you are sooooo disappointed it wasn't hott pink!!
Old 01-31-2008, 07:52 AM   #9
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

no more disappointed its not red
Old 01-31-2008, 09:33 PM   #10
ngroce
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
no more disappointed its not red
RED would be ideal!!
Old 01-31-2008, 09:39 PM   #11
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroce View Post
RED would be ideal!!
yeah the other red BB came out today I think on vzw
Old 01-31-2008, 09:41 PM   #12
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Sprint has had the red Pearl for a week or so.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:44 PM   #13
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
Sprint has had the red Pearl for a week or so.
its more maroon lol
Old 01-31-2008, 09:49 PM   #14
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

lol i agree with you, but still, i go by what the bosses say. its Red
Old 02-01-2008, 06:25 AM   #15
Dawg
No longer Registered.

lol I know I hear ya on that.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:45 AM   #16
Demon
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: 304fcd63

I will have to test the new red 8830 as soon as it gets here. Interested to see if the keys are more visible in the dark than on the silver.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #17
Oxygen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

my girl wants the pink one bad, she loves my pearl, but now they have it in pink so forget about it lol
Closed Thread